• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what is the best jab combo for snake?

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
what is it? i see evryone using the jab to ftilt...what about jab,jab,ftilt?

or jab,utilt or jab,jab,utilt etc etc etc.

which is good for racking dmg and which for finishers?

i did not post on the question thread bcuz i want more than 1 answer.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Jab Jab ftilt is not guaranteed on anyone, and easily shielded and punished

Jab > Buffered Ftiltx2 = guaranteed on most (if not all) of the cast.

Jab > Utilt/dtilt = not guaranteed in the slightest, but can be unexpected and still hit.

Ps: We have a Q&A for a reason, and you would receive more then one answer.

Plus what does recieving several answers that state the same thing do?

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Let's us all look smart, reinforces his answer, and gives us post count.

Jab jab Ftilt isn't guaranteed, it can be shield grabbed.

Jab to Utilt isn't guaranteed, works as a surprise move.

Use the QandA thread next time

:chuckle:

Nic64

Smash Lord
jab to ftilt gives the most guaranteed damage(on most characters), jab grab dthrow is sexy and can lead to more damage if you get lucky on the tech chase although I'm not sure if it's guaranteed....

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
Jab -> ftilt is going to be your damage racker. Anything else isn't really guaranteed to hit, but there are nice change ups that can be done for a surprise. Jab -> utilt like you said, but also like jab -> dair. Jab -> dthrow -> and dthrow just leads to a whole bunch of crazy stuff you can do. Hope it helped.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I'm suprised noone mentioned the jab grab, although its not guaranteed if you jab them when they are on the ground, but if you get in them in in air jab you can lock them in for the grab if I'm right because it sucks them in a little. From there a dthrow and ftilt follow up on there (if you can) work nicely and do even more damage than just plain ol jab ftilt.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I like Jab->grab because...

-jab->grab->dthrow tech chasing deals more damage on the characters with bad rolls.
-Most people shield after the jab, expecting an ftilt. This gives you an easy grab.
-If they shielded the jab, you can grab if they didn't shieldgrab quick enough or if they expected a jab->ftilt, dtilt, or uptilt and they were going to react afterwards.

If they used an aerial attack, (such as Kirby's bair) you can often times punish it OoS with a jab. Jab->dtilt works well from my experience.

napZzz

Smash Hero
If you land the jab when they are in the air, it kinda sucks them in, allowing jab utilt or jab grab though apparently, or if you feel like it just doing the full jab XD

Lawlmahbawls

Smash Journeyman
Jab -> f-tilt(knee) -> jab -> f-tilt (full thing) Is awesome when you can pull it off. Just hope the other person has a slow reaction timing. <_____<;

Top Bottom