• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is the best sequence to break out a grab??

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
Is there any technique on how to break out a grab or the best strategy is to mash buttons??

Barge

All I want is a custom title
mash all the buttons on the controller including the control and c-stick xD

Project D

Smash Journeyman
In that case you either wait to get spiked, or hope they mess up in the sequence =/
but then again, it almost doing something like *punch the guy you're playing* "No Chaingrabbing!!!"
but yeah tbh, all is lost if they mastered the art of grabbing you to death -.-

Ange

Smash Lord
Questions like these has been answered before.

I dont know exactly, but I believe rotating and/or smash the controlstick left and right works decently.

Mashing all the buttons is stupid, however. Youre just wasting energy on that.

SpongeBathBill

Smash Ace
Questions like these has been answered before.

I dont know exactly, but I believe rotating and/or smash the controlstick left and right works decently.

Mashing all the buttons is stupid, however. Youre just wasting energy on that.
Well it's unnecessary to press all the buttons, yeah, but the A button will do the trick. I'm also decently sure it has to be actual rotations, not just left-to-right movements.

Each rotation or A button-press reduces the amount of time you'll be held for a particular number of frames, though I don't have the equation handy.

Ange

Smash Lord
Well it's unnecessary to press all the buttons, yeah, but the A button will do the trick. I'm also decently sure it has to be actual rotations, not just left-to-right movements.

Each rotation or A button-press reduces the amount of time you'll be held for a particular number of frames, though I don't have the equation handy.
Finally an intelligent reply in this thread.

I knew about the rotations, but not 100% if left/right movement also counted. Thanks for the information though.

From what Ive experienced, rotating only the controlstick works alot better than only pressing the A-button.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Don't remember the exact equation but it was like each input subtracts 8 from a set value of 90.
and each frame also subtracts from 90

Something along those lines

bobert4936

Smash Cadet
uhhh A B R L Z Y X SPIN JOYSTICK AND C STICK. all simultaneously =] but the thing is u dont wanna keep spamming it after. cuz if u do then right when u get our of the grab u could do a very slow move like gannondorfs dair and they could punish u again.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Rotate the control stick and smash the c-stick, letting it return to neutral position before smashing it again.

I would advice against doing it at high percentages since you're gonna mess up your DI.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Don't remember the exact equation but it was like each input subtracts 8 from a set value of 90.
and each frame also subtracts from 90

Something along those lines
where did you rind this information out?

Oimetra

Smash Cadet
u can still break it even if they using ice climbers... well... you can if you smash ur controller like you are actually trying to break it xD and you have less enough dmg, if not... well you are pretty much dead, and if not ice climbers, kick the crap out of ur controller as fast as u can xD

Top Bottom