• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is the maddest you gotten online

KirbCider

Smash Ace
I actually had my first match yesterday where someone actually managed to get under my skin for once, and I feel a little ashamed by it.

The worst part is it took place in 2V2 For Fun, a mode meant to be played (well, you should play Sm4sh for fun in general) for ya know... Fun. I dunno how my friend felt, but given how silent he had gotten during the matches he was getting pretty steamed as well. In any case, we went against these two players there who started off with Ness and Lucas. Now these guys were very great players.

They never spammed, knew exactly when to shield, the works. I strongly believe they were tournament level players.

This would of been great if they weren't the most disrespectful you know whats (censors, kids!) in the game. They taunted after everything and literally taunt spammed every chance they got. To make matters worse they would always choose to mirror any characters we played as and would beat us with them too. Of course, they'd proceed to taunt spam and add insult to injury when they could. Needless to say we shouldn't of stayed as long as we did with these guys especially since they just liked dishing out disrespect.

At the last match I had enough and even reported them for their behavior, something which I normally do not do pretty much never.

When reporting them do you know what their Tag-Line was? "Bruh.... Git Gud". It's almost as if they knew they would get reported by several players by doing this and decided to put up a tag such as that for them to read when reporting. That was the real insult to injury.

I swear, I really hope these guys get whats coming to them one day. Again I feel ashamed for getting so mad over something like this.

I try not to let these kinds of people on any Online Mode get to me, but those two were literally the worst I have ever came across.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Aaaaah, the "For Fun" mode.

The mode you have zero fun because it's full of people thinking they can be effective with a Bowser + Kirby team doing Down-B.

Seriously, the number of :4kirby: doing only this is insane.

I only play in 2vs2 with a friend, because he doesn't own the game and he doesn't play a lot, but seriously, encountering someone good is rare.

But someone good at taunting and using disrespectful tags? Suddenly they are all pros! Between the people who are cocky because they get a kill by spamming backslash (every character spam in this mode) and the tags, allowing longer tags with the two player system...

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Aaaaah, the "For Fun" mode.

The mode you have zero fun because it's full of people thinking they can be effective with a Bowser + Kirby team doing Down-B.

Seriously, the number of :4kirby: doing only this is insane.

I only play in 2vs2 with a friend, because he doesn't own the game and he doesn't play a lot, but seriously, encountering someone good is rare.

But someone good at taunting and using disrespectful tags? Suddenly they are all pros! Between the people who are cocky because they get a kill by spamming backslash (every character spam in this mode) and the tags, allowing longer tags with the two player system...
I've honestly never came across that in 2V2 For Fun before at all. Now in For Glory? Oh yes, there have been tons of Bowsers and Kirbys trying to do Down B spam. From my experience For Fun is usually populated by young/new players, people who just aren't that great, and people who decent-ish. It's beyond rare for me to encounter anyone that's insanely good on that mode. Sadly, when I do encounter great players on there they have to be completely disrespectful and just rotten to the core. It's just sad really.

It's like they go to For Fun so they can be specifically be disrespectful to causal players/players who aren't good at the game. I know For Glory has tons of salt. I play that way, way more than that than anything else; however I can't help but notice it's only the players who appear to be tournament level in For Fun that act beyond disrespectful. And what I meant by Tag-line, I meant their profile Tag-line.

These guys surprisingly didn't use any insult tags, but then again they were being disrespectful enough with their actions.

I'd hate to sound salty/vengeful, but I really do hope these guys burn.

Last edited:

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
The only time I ever got really pissed off was back in the early days when I was playing on Smash 3DS, I went in a button mashing frenzy to break free of mother****ing Captain Falcons grab. The player kept getting me with it, and I didn't how to counter it.

Magikarpow

Smash Journeyman
I lost to a Link spammer who mostly used arrows, boomerang, Up-Smash and D-Smash. The slight lag gave him all the power and he taunted like a **** everytime. I was probably the maddest I have ever been in like the last 2 years:urg:

Bill cipher3

Smash Cadet
EVERY SINGLE TIME I get a beating from a for glory link or a smash attack spamming Ike just because of the input lag I want to explode.

Also when I fight good villagers, marios, and bowser jrs that gets me angry also, because of their spamming and the down throw up tilt bull****.

Ugh.
Well good bjrs like me ( or so I like to think ) don't really spam much unless using mc alot is called spaming.
and I hate it when i'm better then the other guy and lose because of stuff like lag.

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
As someone who likes taunting and pink costumes I can't get too mad when people do stuff that most would find disrespectful, but I remember one time I kept getting gimped by arrows against Link and just lost my collective shizz-biz. The guy double taunted every kill, rolled to the edge, then just held B as long as he needed to to hit me. It was very minorly laggy, and I was completely not used to it, so while his rolling/spam was on point, I was too busy getting shafted by my lack of experience fighting a poor internet connection. Needless to say, getting 2 gimps at 170% against Dorf is not a tauntable achievement, but the guy did it anyway.

I got so mad I actually started acting like a complete douche. I swapped to Roy(Koops), abused the **** out of mechakoopas, double taunted, 'teabagged', you name it, I did it just to prove to this guy how easy it was to be an assclown in FG. I usually hate that stuff, but this was my early FG days, and I just didn't have the patience for idiots back then.

Bill cipher3

Smash Cadet
As someone who likes taunting and pink costumes I can't get too mad when people do stuff that most would find disrespectful, but I remember one time I kept getting gimped by arrows against Link and just lost my collective shizz-biz. The guy double taunted every kill, rolled to the edge, then just held B as long as he needed to to hit me. It was very minorly laggy, and I was completely not used to it, so while his rolling/spam was on point, I was too busy getting shafted by my lack of experience fighting a poor internet connection. Needless to say, getting 2 gimps at 170% against Dorf is not a tauntable achievement, but the guy did it anyway.

I got so mad I actually started acting like a complete douche. I swapped to Roy(Koops),abused the **** out of mechakoopas, double taunted, 'teabagged', you name it, I did it just to prove to this guy how easy it was to be an ******** in FG. I usually hate that stuff, but this was my early FG days, and I just didn't have the patience for idiots back then.
Yeah I taunt every time I kill someone and then " crouch dance " and who really cares about pink.

Last edited:

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
Yeah I taunt every time I kill someone and then " crouch dance " and who really cares about pink.
You'd be surprised... -and I usually don't do the crouching thing at all. TBH, I just find it stupid, why do that at all when you have actual taunts? (Unless you play Kirby, but then there's Kirby's super cool dash-dance anyway.)

Bill cipher3

Smash Cadet
You'd be surprised... -and I usually don't do the crouching thing at all. TBH, I just find it stupid, why do that at all when you have actual taunts? (Unless you play Kirby, but then there's Kirby's super cool dash-dance anyway.)
Well for me I taunt then when it's over I crouch dance.

TrapOnLotus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StrapOnFetus
I was fighting a Wario and SD because I thought I had a jump left. So I hit my leg to hype myself as I repeat my mantra, "come on,come!" I am down quite a bit, with this guy going in, trying to get a JVD 2 stock. But by some miracle I started seeing his pattern. I beat him with me taking like 200% damage, he immediately tells me to kill myself. lol So salty

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Today was really annoying...

:4wario:&:4rob: (me and my brother) vs :4tlink:&:4tlink:

Me and my brother were on 2v2 and we found a pair of Toon Links. These guys did almost nothing but run around and spam projectiles. Whenever they killed us, they would spam Toon Link's down taunt (where he slashes his sword everywhere), even right in front of us. Whenever they were going to get KO'd near the end of the match, they would roll away and taunt whenever they had the chance. We beat them a few times and then left, but they somehow ended up joining us again and kept beating us by spamming (both projectiles and taunts).

Peff

Smash Cadet
When people taunt any time, whether to mock or to be friendly, my heart stops pumping, and my body becomes possessed by Satan himself--or rather, I summon Satan into my body for the purpose of finding him in real life and making him feel all the pain every war has brought forth, including intergalactic ones that we humans could not even begin to comprehend the scale of which such wars are.

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
Getting thrashed by a player over and over again no matter how hard I fought and tried. Every single time they'd manage to condition me while I felt too dumb to change things up and actually do anything, since I'd be struggling.

Thus, I can't even tell if I'm doing fine and things are dandy, or I'm just getting insulted via my existence being a waste and getting ready for my losses to be put up in Smash disrespect montages.
What's more, they'd switch characters just to somehow either practice more, or feel the need to prove their point of me being unable to trump anyone they play.

I've fought too many good players on For Glory With Anyone, and I can't think of any other mode to play to have that similar kind of environment. I can't tell what my opponents are thinking of me, and it honestly drives me nuts.

Face it, competitive environments in America are just here to **** on you no matter what; it's like you all want to make you regret ever being born. Salt is real indeed, but hey, we're all dumb humans (especially me) in the first place.

Struggle as you may, but everyone always wants to laugh at someone who suffers just to improve; but on the other hand, not every player has access to actual training tools to get better in the same way Japanese players all practice online together to help each other improve.

Last edited:
Top Bottom