• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what is the most exciting thing about ssb4

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
Not to be a graphics ***** or anything but, I'd be looking forward to the 1080p HD graphics the most in this game.
QFT!

I really look forward to a better online system. Let's face it, if online was great, we would all be hopelessly trapped playing over and over online! (of course this is also assuming that the gameplay and mechanics are excellent as well)

Vkrm

Smash Lord
At first I liked the idea of online but now I don't. First of all, there is no way it's going to be well done. This nintendo first crack at competitive multiplayer so it's bound to be laggy and in ssbm any lag at is unacceptable. Also, because melee lacks it, everybody is pretty okay socially. Theyre polite and have good hygiene. Not like brawl, them fools stank.

:phone:

Ove

Smash Journeyman
At first I liked the idea of online but now I don't. First of all, there is no way it's going to be well done. This nintendo first crack at competitive multiplayer so it's bound to be laggy and in ssbm any lag at is unacceptable. Also, because melee lacks it, everybody is pretty okay socially. Theyre polite and have good hygiene. Not like brawl, them fools stank.

What did I just read?

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
He just bashes Brawl any chance he gets...
Online is probs gonna be really good this time around!

Chico113

Smash Apprentice
Kinda hard to answer this question at this time, tbh.
^^^what viotini said

I'm more concerned about the online, even if it does succeed it will probably be ruined by players who stand around like lawn furniture, till the guy who actually wants to play the game gets gangbanged because he was the first to attack.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
I'm not too sure about the online yet, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 developer is not to sure about the Wii U Online capability.

This makes me worried.
Wow, already worried?

The console isn't even released yet, lol. It's kinda hard to estimate the online capability when it's not even in use yet...

Smash's online won't be developed until a time after the release of the Wii U. Then the developers will know more.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
The development of the WiiU, its online service, and the WiiU Smash title are all pretty much coinciding, so it's a legitimate concern looking at the testing/progress Nintendo is making with the alpha of its online service when Namco has had experience with more than a few consoles.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
Because the wiiu is aiming for holiday season release, we might actually know how good the online will be long before we know anything about smash4 including how good the game is actually.
Normally you judge online based on the hardware, but some games do a better job at it that others.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
watching how they could possibly make it worse then brawl which is unimaginable, but considering nintendos track record the latest 6 years along with the current state of gaming i know they will manage somehow

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
I'm not too sure about the online yet, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 developer is not to sure about the Wii U Online capability.

This makes me worried.
Selective reading/slightly misleading comment.

The Director of Tekken Tag 2 say's he does not "fully understand" Nintendo's online system. Tekken has been done for a long time now, and is coming for Wii U running on their own severs and such. What the director is talking about is probably Nintendo's own friend list/miiverse system. In my mind it is just that ambitious, this Nintendo social network.

Every developer with major online has said nothing bad about Nintendo online and we are getting the real versions of major multiplayer games including COD and Aliens CM. Chances are it is going to be just fine.

And like i've been saying since forever, this miiverse with built in video and text chat in OS will make this the best online smash yet. At any moment we will be able to pause the game and vidoe or text chat right with people on our friends list. The only worries that anyone should have is what modes Sakurai and the team are going to be putting online along with how they construct the net code.

This is going to be glorious.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
I'm not in favor of pausing in online. Makes it hella easy to cheat. When you say vid sharing is that limited to replays or is used for chat?

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Pausing online is a no-no.

'Hoping for a lobby system this time around though. Set the match size between 2 and 4 players and cycle out losers/winners/random with others waiting/chatting in the lobby.

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
Foolish fool. Lag wouldn't make choosing your attack more difficult. Mario cart online is booty.

Mario Kart*

And MKWii WiFi works fine most of the time, sometimes the servers ends up getting overloaded and some players gets kicked off. Just join a new one, it takes like a second. ^▽^

Vkrm

Smash Lord
Whoops. Vaati didnt say it was good. He said it was first. Sorry I misunderstood. @Pichu4SSB4 I consider that a small issue when compared to how input much delay there is.

Top Bottom