• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is the most unexpected and ridiculous character reveal you can imagine?

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Joker and Piranha Plant have opened a lot of doors, but I think it's safe to say that some characters would still be absolutely wilf to see get in. What are your ideas on such characters?

You can have side reveals in addition to their Smash reveal to add to the craziness factor.

Rule:
Must have a valid reason for getting in.

My picks for must absolutely insane picks:

Getting a Porky Minch/Masked Man reveal, alongside a Mother 3 or potentially trilogy localization on Switch (the latter is what makes it crazy).
Getting Cuphead before Sans to represent indie gaming.
Getting Chell from Portal to serve as a Valve and PC gaming icon.
Getting Blazkowicz from Wolfenstein since it got on the Switch.
Getting the default skin from Fortnite (would probably be horribly received).
Getting Goku for some reason.
Getting Tabuu to have a playable boss in Smash.
Getting Galeem or Dharkon for the sake of being completely unexpected.
Trolling the community completely and adding Mallow and not Geno.
Getting Master Chief/Travis Touchdown despite their creators confirming they're not in.
Getting Isa or Saki as a Sin and Punishment rep, alongside a new Sin and Punishment game being confirmed.
Getting Kara from Detroit: Become Human to establish bonds with lesser known companies.
Promoting Isaac from assist trophy to playable fighter.

And craziest I think could ever happen:
Getting Gordon Freeman from Half Life, along with a Half Life 3 reveal.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Captain Syrup, to spearhead the reveal of a new Wario Land game.
Earthworm Jim, to spearhead a reveal of a remake/new sequel for his series.
Sans coming with his brother Papyrus, since Toby would want Sans' inclusion to be as faithful as possible.
Bonk, to spearhead the reveal of TG16 games arriving on Nintendo's online service.
Professor Hector, to add an actual R.O.B. series stage.
Marco Rossi, to establish a team-up with SNK and focus on their main platforming series before their fighting games, while being easier to integrate.
Klonoa, to spearhead the reveal of his (currently in production hell) movie.

Cooking Mama would be the absolute silliest, to spearhead a reveal of the proper return of her series.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Mark Evans from Inazuma Eleven.

A lot of people want a level 5 rep, he would be a pretty fun one that nobody would expect because nobody in America played his game while people in Japan and Europe did.

The WTF reactions by American Smash fans would be worth his inclusion.

D

Deleted member

Mysterious Fighter X who is just Waluigi in a poor disguise
Also Non-specific Action figure.

Last edited by a moderator:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Meganuim. And they reveal Pokemon 2019 is Let's Go Togepi and Let's Go Marill.
Torterra. And they reveal Pokemon 2019 is Pokemon Glimmering Diamond and Pokemon Shinning Pearl.
Serperior. And they reveal Pokemon 2019 is Pokemon Gray.
Chesnaught. And they reveal Pokemon 2019 is Pokemon Z.
Decidueye. And they reveal Pokemon 2019 is Pokemon Eclipse.
Sceptile. I guess because it was ranked high on the ballot.

Last edited:

newsuperhackboys

Smash Cadet
5: Professor Chops (Donkey Kong)
He was like, what? That pig from that annoyed people in DKCR?
4: Another Generic Enemy (Misc.)
A Goomba, Koopa, Motobug, you name it.
3: Sackboy (Little Big Planet):
He's a Sony character so he'll totally be unexpected.
2: Goku (Dragon Ball)
He's far more expected than #1 because he is a Japanese character.
1: Shrek (DreamWorks)
Somebody once told me, Shrek is to be DLC.

D

Deleted member

Shrek
Goku
insert any 4th party character here (4th party is when it's not even a video game character anymore, i.e. SpongeBob, Powerpuff girls)
Beat from Jet Set Radio (although I will not be against him, ngl)
Any FF character that isn't an Echo for Cloud

Flyboy

Smash Hero
My two most-wanted obscure first parties would both be very silly to the general public.

A Style Savvy rep along with a new game in the series, or even just a Style Savvy rep in general would be surprising to most. After all, a supermodel from a game a lot of people assume is just shovelware and don't realize is even a first party title? Plus it appeals to a new demographic with a shoujo aesthetic? Very different and so many people would be confused.

Ryota Hayami is a character from a racing game that hasn't had a title since Wave Race Blue Storm on the GameCube. People don't remember that series has characters, he's a Spirit already, and despite rumblings of a Switch game the series has been dormant for a long time and doesn't even have music in Smash. A non-fighter from a dormant series would definitely be a ridiculous reveal to many.

But I want them both so, so badly.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Any non-game 3rd party except Goku, Mickey Mouse, or E.T. All of them actually had a gaming impact. Albeit, they're unexpected, but definitely not ridiculous as they're highly iconic.

Now, for ones that related to video games that feel ridiculous; Wreck-It Ralph, Starkiller, Android 21. They all technically debuted in a game first. The actual WIR game demo fully released before the movie, making it his proper debut, but it's still designed for the animated movie. Likewise, despite Starkiller meant to be for the game continuity only, he's still from a book first franchise. This is more important than the actual media they debut in. Android 21 is no different. Besides, why would they want an unknown over the series' mascot and most iconic character? That's far more important than the actual origin of the franchise in itself.

I would say Master Chief, but he's only unexpected. A major icon among the FPS genre. Definitely earned his spot.

I can't think of much more than that, really.

Mint Tea

Smash Rookie
Cooking Mama would be a fever dream that I wouldn't mind experiencing.

D

Deleted member

It's a DbD match, while Dwight looks for the hatch. The last teamate dies and the win Dwight has Snatch.

He jumps in and most think again to where he now been.

For he falls from the top of the stage, and most now fight in the Smash Bros Fighters Cage.

DWIGHT FAIRFIELD
Repairs he battlefield.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
I have quite a bit

Promoted to playable pack: Shovel Knight, Bomberman, Midna, Knuckles and Lugia
Echo Pack: Black Shadow, Dark Bowser, Dixie Kong, Shadow and Octoling
Promoted Spirits: Fawful, Shantae, Ray-Man, Bio-Rex and Elma
Viridi becoming playable
Old School: Muddy Mole

Anyways, the above is warm ups

Peckish Aristocrab as the new Pikmin Rep
Zebstrika as a new Pokémon
The creature from E.V.O: the Search for Eden as a new Square Enix Rep
Bendy from Bendy and the Ink Machine being playable
Another playable mook (Bandanna Dee and Creeper)
Escargoon from Kirby: Right Back at ya being a playable fighter
That is all I got for now

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Team Rocket from the anime, Pokémon Yellow, and Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee

Yeah, the Pokémon series has many villains but none are as iconic as the Team Rocket trio.

It would be considered "unexpected" because of the "no anime characters" rule despite Nintendo and The Pokémon Company owning the rights to the Team Rocket trio.

Team Rocket is known for breaking rules so it would make sense for them to break that "no anime characters" rule.

1560434732767.png

Tagline: "Team Rocket prepare for double trouble!"

"Double trouble" because it both refers Team Rocket's famous motto and Team Rocket's gameplay in Smash.

Team Rocket's gameplay would be Meowth teaming up with Ekans or Koffing. Jessie and James take turns summoning their Pokémon to team up with Meowth via Down Special.

It is like if Ice Climbers, Rosalina & Luma, Duck Hunt, or Banjo & Kazooie had Pokémon Trainer's gimmick where Down Special switches teams.

Team Rocket is basically two teams in one: Meowth & Ekans and Meowth & Koffing.

It also would represent Double Battles from the Pokémon games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom