• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is the noise that Samus makes when you select her?

NintendoTogepi

Smash Apprentice
Why does she make robot noises? I thought she was human? :confused: Did the intro of Super Metroid get translated wrong or something?

Eten

Smash Ace
A noise comes out of the wiimote? I've never noticed that.

But in general suited Samus makes mechanical noises, never words. It isn't all that different from what you'd get out of the sound from Super Metroid or Metroid Prime, to be quite honest. Although... she's not as large of a "tank" in her suit as Brawl makes her out to be. **** robot obsessed **** wishing Samus's sexy power suit was some ridiculous oversized mecha. =( Then again, Metroid has always had more popularity in America as a series than in Japan. What other reason can you imagine there is only one Metroid character still, when they include loads of everything else? But eh, I think I've gotten off topic.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Yes, characters scream stuff if your using the wiimote when you choose them.
But I've only used Samus with the gamecube one, but since Samus doesn't really talk with her suit on, I guess they just gave her a "robot sound".

Drake3

Smash Ace
Yeah, the wiimote noises are pretty weird. I think it's the screw-attack noise, but I don't really remember because I only heard it once yesterday.

Matt of Steel

Smash Rookie
It is the sound of zexy in a hard metal shell.

Yeah when you select a character with one of three non-GCube control set ups there is a taunt noise coming out of the Wiimote. Samus' is just the sound she makes during one of her taunts.

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
It's the sound of Samus somersaulting.

Straight into our hearts.

Solid Samus

Smash Cadet

But in general suited Samus makes mechanical noises, never words. It isn't all that different from what you'd get out of the sound from Super Metroid or Metroid Prime, to be quite honest. Although... she's not as large of a "tank" in her suit as Brawl makes her out to be. **** robot obsessed **** wishing Samus's sexy power suit was some ridiculous oversized mecha. =( Then again, Metroid has always had more popularity in America as a series than in Japan. What other reason can you imagine there is only one Metroid character still, when they include loads of everything else? But eh, I think I've gotten off topic.
Her suit's roportions are the same as the suit from Super Metroid...I don't know what suit you're seeing dude lol.

Eten

Smash Ace
Her size. Check it out. She's proportional, but HUGE in brawl. There aren't many characters left in brawl that are actually bigger than her.

Yorenec

Smash Cadet
It is the sound of zexy in a hard metal shell.

Yeah when you select a character with one of three non-GCube control set ups there is a taunt noise coming out of the Wiimote. Samus' is just the sound she makes during one of her taunts.
Actually it's not. It's not a noise from any of her taunts. I don't know exactly what it is. The first part sounds like she's cocking her arm cannon or messing with some part of her suit. Who the hell knows what the second part is, it sounds like a chipmunk.

Metalix_Reshef

Smash Rookie

because samus is the only metroid character that appears in every games besides ridley whos to big ti fit into smash game play

and on a side note the noise she makes i believe its the same noise as when you taunt with her not sure though

Eten

Smash Ace
Could have had Dark Samus, an SA-X, and Ridley has no more size problems than Bowser or Charizard.

Top Bottom