• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is the significance of the TransN bone?

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
And how does one find a good TransN? I know that you need one when doing a character import to make them throw-able, but...I never really understood why this bone is so important. I think it's something that's imortant to be explained.

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
And how does one find a good TransN? I know that you need one when doing a character import to make them throw-able, but...I never really understood why this bone is so important. I think it's something that's imortant to be explained.
It's what makes the characters move. No TransN no movement.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
The throwable part is really the HipN...

You just rename the bone whose index matches the replaced character's TransN bone index to fix glitches such as the snap-back glitch.

And the bone whose index is 3 more than that, rename it was HipN so you can be thrown.

Make sure that your new TransN is the parent to your model's entire body so the whole thing moves.

Top Bottom