• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is the use of his neutral B attack?

DNasty

Smash Rookie
Ok, so he sucks them up, the opponant can get out quickly, and he can spit them a short distance. It doesn't seem to do much damage, he spits them too far to set them up for an attack, and they recover from it instantly.

So this is just like kirby's inhale, except there is no cloning power. What is the point?

3D King

Smash Journeyman
There are just some moves in this game that are nearly useless but are in purely for fan service (ex: Mario's Fludd). Dedede's inhale is one of these, it's not a very useful move aside from Suicide kills.

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
What is the point?
...if you were in a fight with someone....and all of a sudden...they opened their mouth and you got sucked into their tummy....youd see the point of inhale.

if you want a better answer, inhale is the best defensive move you could ask for, if youre afriad of an incoming smash from an invasive character who doesnt quite know the meaning of "personal space"
then you wait till they come all up in your grill, you inhale them, and fire them off the edge/farther away from you...
you can also inhale them and commit suicide....which you should know already, ive seen at least 5 matches where dedede did that and came out as the winner.

(i dont care about calling it regicide suicidedede or dedecide, really.)

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
There are just some moves in this game that are nearly useless but are in purely for fan service (ex: Mario's Fludd). Dedede's inhale is one of these, it's not a very useful move aside from Suicide kills.
you wont be a prime ddd player if you fail to make use of an excellent move, and im double posting in the name of DDD, RECOGNIZE!!!

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
Throwing your oponent off his game.

Picture this, a Marth player comes charging/pivoting at you, he thinks that you'll either roll, or grab him and thinks of how to counter that, intead, you inhale him, throwing him of his game.

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
i thought that too, but that wouldnt be so fair, you could just shoot them off the screen if it was that powerful,
ddd is powerful enough without a move that basically turns the enemy into an off screen projectile lol

3D King

Smash Journeyman
you wont be a prime ddd player if you fail to make use of an excellent move, and im double posting in the name of DDD, RECOGNIZE!!!
I'm sure it'll be useful at some times, but overall I'll probably end up using his other moves quite a bit more as they have fit more common situations. I wish he could at least chew on them like Yoshi.

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure it'll be useful at some times, but overall I'll probably end up using his other moves quite a bit more as they have fit more common situations. I wish he could at least chew on them like Yoshi.

yes, that or fully digest them and in stomach acids...instant KO
but given brawls ESRB rating thatd be a little graphic for the kiddies at home
(ERSB? whatever those grandmas are called)

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
He could spit out the guy's withered skeleton and throw it at the guy when they respawned.
that might be cool, im going to break into sakurais house and slip powerful sedatives into his chosen drink. Then put that idea in his notepad...i will trick him into changing the whole atmosphere of the next smash game...

you watch, it will be called super smash bros DEATH STRUGGLE,
and norwegian death metal will constantly play no matter what stage you are on.

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
**** right, bill cosby would be a playable character and scorpion from mortal kombat would be in

hooooollllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

marthownsxd

Smash Apprentice
I wonder how effective swallowing one of the Gordos he threw and spitting it out. Honestly I haven't seen a single gordo from a side b or a Final Smash hit, so I don't know the damage or knockback a Gordo could do,

cheifrocka

Smash Apprentice
I wonder how effective swallowing one of the Gordos he threw and spitting it out. Honestly I haven't seen a single gordo from a side b or a Final Smash hit, so I don't know the damage or knockback a Gordo could do,
Unfortunately this has been tested and he cant eat/spit them. He can inhale them but he just eats them and nothing else happens.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
Ok, so he sucks them up, the opponant can get out quickly, and he can spit them a short distance. It doesn't seem to do much damage, he spits them too far to set them up for an attack, and they recover from it instantly.

So this is just like kirby's inhale, except there is no cloning power. What is the point?
Im pretty sure 3D can hold someone much longer then Kirby. This opens doors. For instance, walk to the edge of the stage, spit them out, and wall of pain their ***** with some B airs.

S4k3

Smash Rookie
If you're in a 4 player fight, it works great for turning someone into a projectile to fire off at other people. I do it with Kirby all the time in the older smashes. Got a double kill doing that once. Plus if you're using items, spitting someone into a bob-omb is pretty sweet.

ph00kedup

Smash Rookie
Kirby's inhale had a little knockback if you spit somebody out as a star at another person. Short of that, I don't see any other use.

On another note, isn't King Dedede able to inhale items? Aside from maybe grabbing food, starmen, and like it doesn't serve any purpose. Especially not in a tournament setting.

LarkOhiya

Smash Apprentice
It's not a bad move. the damage it does to the person you inhale is decent and they do stay in there quite a while. The problem is its so counter form to how the rest of his fighting is. In 2v2 its great and should be used for messing up their groove. In 1v1 there are simply better options that don't leave you open.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
From what ph00kedup said, I assume Dedede's move is identical to that, but slightly stronger than Kirby's.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
That move is pretty powerful in FFA, it can possibly kill opponents hit with the spat opponent at 160%.

Platanos

Smash Cadet
I'll be using it specifically to catch the opponent off guard.
It's like Fox's >B as an alternative recovery to keep the opponent on their toes.

Doval

Smash Lord
That move is pretty powerful in FFA, it can possibly kill opponents hit with the spat opponent at 160%.
Agreed. In a friendly Team match, I killed someone at like 130% by spitting out my team mate (Bowser.)

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Obvious uses for Inhale:

1) Swallowcide (though I like calling it "Suicidedede")
2) Catching an opponent who is defends with a Shield or Sidestep
3) Doubles or Free-for-All where there are additional targets to hit with the Star Shot.
4) Getting rid of unwanted items or eating items thrown at you.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
I do it to clear out Waddle Dee's in DDD dittos, cuz ****, those suckers fly around like nobodies business

WarZ

Smash Apprentice
I think the most useful thing will be swallocide, or another one you could spit em of side and wall of pain em.

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
I do it to clear out Waddle Dee's in DDD dittos, cuz ****, those suckers fly around like nobodies business
Good usage, there. Aaaaaaaand, that was the last good use. Sorry guys, thread's over.

1. Swallowcidedede
2. Projectiles against multiple opponents
3. Wall of pain
4. Disrupting the rhythm of the match
5. Clearing some room when there's too much stuff lying around (items, Waddle Dees, Wario's bike, etc.)
6. Anti-defense

Find a good use that doesn't go in one of those categories.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
You can definitely get suicide KOs out of it. With it's great sucking power it's not that hard. Watch ROMeo DDD vs A guy playing Olimar.

Card

Smash Lord
It can also be used... specifically versus Ike.

If you are ever near the edge of the stage, and you see Ike begin to charge his Quick Draw (Side+B), start an Inhale in his direction and don't let go of B...

The result is.. surprising to say the least. Ike does NOT get sucked into Dedede's Mouth. Instead, Dedede ends up taking the hit from the Quick Draw, but Ike doesn't stop moving! He ends up FLYING off the stage in his Grand Viper pose and actually gets K.O'd on the side of the screen!

Try it out ;)

Top Bottom