• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is the Windmill of Fury?

SLIM

Smash Journeyman
I heard of a Samus technique called the Windmill of Fury, so I searched it on youtube and found that its only a bunch of dash attacks. Can anyone explain to me what that is all about?

Sensai

Smash Master
Whaddya mean what's it all about? It's the single most broken combo ever put into the game and is incredibly hard to counter. Even the best DI in the world won't get you out of it.

IT'S ****ING EPIC!

Black Hayate

Smash Lord
this is the great technique of samus that can only be use by the one and only crashman. is so good that i just jump off the edge every time he does it.

LOL

too good too good

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
It's the god**** best god**** move in the god**** whole ****ing game.

That's what it is.

Wayland

Smash Journeyman
Falcon and Gannondorf can try to beat it with their own windmills, but Samus will always win because of invincibility frames.

Sensai

Smash Master
The cape helps Ganon, though...Falcon tends to get scared and just commit suicide. Ganon can last a fraction longer before losing sanity.

Mars-

Smash Champion
I hear that the windmill of fury is faster then a shine and that it has the most priority in the game.

Levitas

the moon
They found out that it utterly wrecks everyone, so they nerfed it for v1.2. If your game is a v1.2 (as opposed to 1.0 or 1.1) sorry, you're out of luck. lol.

brg

Smash Ace
Its gonna take you alot of practice man

Its harder to do than a SWD and WAVESHINING AT THE SAME TIME with one controller in each hand on LIGHTNING melee. Thats how hard it is.

swordgard

Smash Hero
brg makes it sound easy....it's like doing shine to knee combos with Ice Climbers.
It is actually forbidden to use this technique since it is said that if you use it, it drains all of your energy and kills you.

The only one to have actually survived is Crashman....... and chuck norris. Or thats what he says, but noone believes him.

Slightlyvicious

Smash Cadet
i have version 1.2, is there ANY way the windmill works on it? I cant get it to work! all the players seem too floaty...

Mallicklocal

Smash Rookie
In 1.2 you can only do it through glitch! Here's how you do it:

Select Kongo jungle.

Put your opponent a CPU Ness level 9

Start the match 1 stock.

Stand in place. Wait for ness to jump in the water by accident. It will say GAME!! and say you won. Do this 25 more times and then select Samus and do your match. Windmill of Fury will now work, but you might not survive it!

HeltXL

Smash Apprentice
If you want to make attempting the Windmill of Fury easier, use 4 Samuses and create 5 black holes with items OFF.
The ridiculously low framerate MIGHT make it easier for you to pull off the Windmill of Fury once.

IShotLazer

Smash Journeyman
Windmill of fury is a actually a very tricky technique to perform.
Those who CAN perform don't use it after seeing the destruction it causes.
Pure invincibility frames the whole time *looks in disgust*
*shakes head* what were they thinking?

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
In the beginning of the Samus vs Mario Gamespot vid, Samus does a dash attack to the right, then the left.

WINDMILL OF FURY CONFIRMED FOR BRAWL!!!!!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea its one of the most pro techniques that samus can do. it makes the super wave dash look like childs play

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
In the beginning of the Samus vs Mario Gamespot vid, Samus does a dash attack to the right, then the left.

WINDMILL OF FURY CONFIRMED FOR BRAWL!!!!!
You have no idea how happy seeing that made me.

I cried.

Watty

Smash Lord
i hate you crashman lol for inventing this technique

thank god he didnt ask about the trail of woe that is G14 classified and can only be talked about in an underground base in Sweden

Cra$hman

Smash Lord
i hate you crashman lol for inventing this technique

thank god he didnt ask about the trail of woe that is G14 classified and can only be talked about in an underground base in Sweden
sorry, i don't believe in keeping all the best techniques for myself like some people (swdomwt)
nor do i believe in not completely breaking tournament play with rediculously broken technques no one has any chance of beating.

brg

Smash Ace
Do you think falco's Rapid Kicks counter the windmill of fury
(I know people never use it because its too hard to do, but what if someone capable of this technique would play vs someone who could the windmill?)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
LOL, this thread is gonna get closed like the other one, but this is still amazing.

See, the WMoF (Windmill of Fury) can be very hard to perform. If you can waveshine as Ness with his PSI Magnet, it helps, but Wobbling with Jigglypuff's knee makes the mindgames part much easier.

rayecho

Smash Ace
everyone is talking about how great this Windmill of Fury is, but can someone tell me how its done????

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
FYI, that is the tutorial. The one you watched on YouTube was the tutorial.

Top Bottom