• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is the worst 2v2 team?

Olikus

Smash Champion
The title explains it well.

We have now discussed the best team. What about the worst teams :D

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
what the **** double samus is the best team

anyone that says otherwise needs to get on their knees and have some truth serum ejaculated onto their face

asianaussie

Smash Hero
I can't think of anyone else to be honest...

Maybe just two Links then, they really do get shut down easily.

edit: now that I've had my tea I can't really see why I said that, since half Samus's weaknesses go away in doubles.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
DK and Fox.

DK would try and grab his opponet while fox would get all in his face or spam lasers screwing both of them up.

also, no recovery help from DK and not many combo setups with them.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Ness + Samus
Link + Ness
Jigglypuff + Ness
Link + Jigglypuff
Samus + Jigglypuff

In my opinion, in general there are not bad teams, but bad chars to play teams.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Puff is awesome in teams :c
Sorry I disagree.
Besides the "I got a rest kill but the team mate killed me while i was resting", I think jiggs lacks general speed, approach, and shes generally a mindgames/baiting char that doesnt work well in teams (in smash 64). Thats just my opinion.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Why do you need rest? Might sometimes be useful but she has a couple other finishers too. Sing is ok (lol). Jiggs' F-Throw is ridiculously good in teams. D-Air pisses everyone off. B-Throw gives easy gimps.

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
yeah, jigglypuff finds more openings in a team battle then less. Its about holding one of them i a combo with jiggy, not putting a rest into every person's back.

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
true that. but resting isn't neede to make jiggy a good team mate. the kill normally comes from her ability to either stage guard with a teammate after her back throw, or the d-air to grab, then the team mate f-smashes them or something.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Double link is def. the worst. Link is obviously the worst teams character, and since he doesn't gain anything by having another link to back him up or lose anything when teamed with, say, a ness...

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I personally found Jigglypuff to be not that bad in teams. Also, Samus is quite good in teams, I think Samus might even be mid-tier for teams overall

B Link

Smash Lord
The way I see it, teams is all about getting quick hits, or combos -> then kill. Lengthy combos put you at risk of the other opponent interfering. So maybe fox and falcon make for bad team-mates. There also isn't any time to set up approaches, so characters that don't have immediate safe approaches are worse in teams. Link usually needs his projectiles to set up an approach and likewise Ness can't approach as quickly as say a pikachu or a kirby, making them bad in teams. Characters that get gimped easily/fast are worse in teams (Link and Ness again, but also Falcon and Fox somewhat).

So imo any combination of these four: Link, Ness, Falcon, and Fox probably make for the bottom tier teams.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Lasers and shines are ridiculous, I think Fox's D-Smash is really good and his aerials are blazing fast and have decent range. He might not recover too well, but meh, he has way too many good points for anyone to say he's bottom tier in any type of 64 match.

Olikus

Smash Champion
Lasers and shines are ridiculous, I think Fox's D-Smash is really good and his aerials are blazing fast and have decent range. He might not recover too well, but meh, he has way too many good points for anyone to say he's bottom tier in any type of 64 match.
^^ I agree. I have to say I think fox is better in singles than in teams, since some of the points Blink mentioned like his long combos doesnt often work in teams. But He still is so good that he shouldnt be mentioned in low tiers when it comes to team. Not on pika, kirby level in teams. But still good.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
I also agree with asianaussie, also we have to know the fact that it's Team battle if he needs time to perform a good combo, he alway has the support of his team mate.
Fox shouldn't be mentioned in low tier in any aspect in SSB64.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
So imo any combination of these four: Link, Ness, Falcon, and Fox probably make for the bottom tier teams.
I agree with this

To easy to kill all those chars, and like all three of yous said, your partners will be there (that mean for both teams btw) making easy gimps even easier.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
My personal team tier list (overall), for Hyrule.

Top​
In General: Characters have a combination of a good recovery, solid matchups, and a great gimp game

Pikachu: Gimp potential, can recover, can go off the stage, Great Grab Game, Good shield pressure

Kirby: Gimp potential but slightly worse than Pikachu, can recover, Up tilt is broken enough/high enough priority that it is difficult for the other player to help his teammate, Good shield pressure

Mario: Gimp potential, Up smash kills way too quickly, Fireball pressure, good recovery, up airs are relatively easy to team combo with

High​
In General: Characters have some slight issue holding them back, not terrible in teams but not bad

Fox: Massive shield pressure, lasers, moderate grab game, good team combos, recovery is modest, up smash kills rather early, easy to combo

Falcon: Good shield pressure, great quick combos, good grab game, too easy to gimp, easy to combo

DK: Great grab game, Teams force people to approach, Giant Punch kills very quickly, Up b gimps, easy to combo, good recovery

Medium​
In General: Usually results due to an approach issue or matchup problems

Samus: Has some matchup issues (I.E. Falcon, Pikachu, Fox), Good at team combos, Solid recovery, D-air to Charge Shot is more solid in teams, Grab is slow but very powerful, floaty

Luigi: has a better approach in teams than singles, solid kill potential due to Up B combos, Too floaty, moderately good at team combos, no terrible matchup issues, moderate grab/gimp game

Yoshi: has issues team comboing due to Yoshi's DJC, not a good grab game, DJC's can be interrupted by opponents, Good recovery, Matchup problems (Kirby, Pikachu), good quick combos, Up tilt is a rather good combo move due to its set knockback

Low​
In general: Character's strengths/weaknesses interfere with team combos or approach

Link: Projectiles can interfere with team combos, Bad recovery, easy to gimp, moderate grab game, Quick kill combos, moderately good approach

Ness: Good DJC combos when it is possible to approach, health can be recovered, Bad approach, d-air is a moderately good gimp move, has issues team comboing, good shield pressure...when it is possible to approach, What is a recovery?

Jigglypuff: Gets killed WAY too early, Rest's ending lag can be canceled by jabs by team-mate, too floaty, good recovery

In my opinion: Ness and Jigglypuff are possibly equally the worst, Fox can possibly be put in Top. Ness is considered slightly better than Jigglypuff when Ness is teaming with a character who can help his recovery.

Worst teams; Double Ness, Jigglypuff-Ness, Link-Ness, Link-jigglypuff
Best teams: Mario/Pikachu, Fox/Pikachu, DK/Kirby, Kirby/Fox.

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
well, she can save with pound, but with her lack of jumps, and no air dodge like melee, you can't really get back to stay as easily as you would hope.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
"saving" is a bit of a bold move anyways imo thats pretty situational. In most teams situation there will be at least 1 active foe who could punish the both of yous if you jump off the stage to "save" someone

Top Bottom