• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is your guys control setup?

bartdude82

Smash Rookie
Hi im new here(in posting) but i come here very often because im a peach user. I just want to know what your guys control setup is that makes you feel comfortable playing with peach.;)

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Im pretty sure everyone uses a gc controller. Also most peaches used tap jump off as peach has great uses of her utilt and no one wants to accidently jump when using. Also i feel floating just feels better when using the buttons to jump.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
GameCube controller. Tap jump off. Y as Special (used for when I play MK or Marth so I can up-B OOS with up + XY, NOT used for Peach). R as jump for some float tricks, but I rarely use it.

I think Edrees and Kos-Mos are tap jump on, it's probably a superior overall choice, just difficult to master.

Xyless

Smash Master
GameCube controller (because Wiimote/Nunchuk just doesn't work for her). Tap jump off. R as Jump (for easy floating control).

OMG ME AND PRAXIS ARE TWINS

hcfwesker

Smash Cadet
GC controller as well. Up jump off ... but i prefer my grab button on X

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
haha, Xyless, that's funny xD

Actually, I have two control schemes;

"Praxs" and "HOMO". HOMO is Y for special, used for Metaknight for my up-B OOS. Praxs is for Diddy, where Y is grab. For some reason I prefer grabbing with it as Diddy. Since my Peach doesn't use Y, I can use either for Peach depending on how far down I feel like scrolling.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Wiichuck combo (LOL at me all you want, but I've never owned a Gamecube, and I can't find any controllers on sale...)

As for the controls, tap jump is turned off, because it makes using UTilt and Uair easier for me, and Shake Smash is turned on, since it's basically a simplified C-Stick.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I use normal GC set up with Tap Jump off

I use X to jump...I know most people use Y D: It's so I can Float easier and perform aerials. Basically, I use the joint of my thumb to press X and use the tip of my thumb to press A. Pressing down as well means I can perform a Floating aerial very quickly if I need to. I use R to shield (I never ever use L for anything), B is for specials and the C Stick is for aerials (mainly SH)/instant smashes/easy Glide Toss

I have been using a claw method however against opponents like DeDeDe where it's absolutely crucial to space well to avoid getting grabbed and that's really the only time I ever use Y, that and whenever I do OoS Up + B's with other characters

I honestly don't see the benefit of having Tap Jump on, it just increases the risk you'll accidently perform something you didn't want to

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I use Gamecube controller with default settings. Also, its just annoying to have to make tags at every tournament/get-together.

Moocowalex

Smash Apprentice
GC controller (I used to use the wiimote when I wasn't very serious, but I switched just to get the feal and didn't notice any changes in my game, except a few months later when I tried wiimote again. It was horr-i-ble.) tap jump off, and that's pretty much it. :p

Top Bottom