• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is your proudest feat in SSB64

Seala

Smash Apprentice
Me and an rl friend had a ton of fun the other day, playing for several hours. Alot of randomlol stuff happend actually (more then once I cursed myself for not recording it).

We were playing around on Sector Z and I had just killed my friend who played Luigi. I was standing around not far from the respawn spot, so when he spawned he dropped down and tried to do an forward air on me, but instead he landed on an arwing that just got there, causing him to do Luigis dash attack while the arwing speeded off, killing him off the top.

We play Ness vs Jiggs alot and in one of those matches, on hyrule, I had him down to his last stock (I was jiggs). I got a nice backthrow I think which almost killed him. Since it was his last stock I jumped out towards him, all the way to the edge of the screen where he was doing up b, unfortunatly I was abit late so I wasn't sure I'd make it. I hurried best I could and I rested him just as he hit himself with the up b, resulting in a "clash" (whatever it's called when both people hit at the same time, where none of them deals damage) so I slowly fell to my death while he got safely back to the stage.

Another time in the same matchup we were playing on congo jungle, right off the bat I got a combo on him, it started pretty much at the player 1 start position, I think it was a fthrow -> uair-> drill (up on the platform) -> 1-2 utilts -> rest. He pretty much died 5 seconds in to the fight, the funny thing was that I rested just outside the stage so he was all like **** that was quick but whatever you're dead anyways (irl) meanwhile I was silently praying for the barrel to come and save me, after falling for a second or something I think he realised the barrel might save me and he just said no way... :D Awesome save by mah friend teh barrel.

Kefit

Smash Journeyman
Probably those few times I managed to beat Boom in online matches.

Also every time I end up using Sing when pounding back towards the stage with Jiggly.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Actually, now that I think of it. Doing the luigi ladder accross Sector Z is my proudest feat. I think I did it with my cousin.

Isai wants to do it with three luigis at Genesis, lol.
I remember doing that with Isai online on P2P all the way across.

We discovered an odd glitch where if you hit a portion of Sector Z....you move heavily/teleport to the other side...weird glitch

Cryptic C62

Smash Cadet
Playing FFA on Sector Z, one of the guys died and was talking to me while waiting to respawn. I noticed that he had respawned, but I didn't tell him. He fell onto the Arwing and got carried all the way off to the left. Mindgames'd.

Not my feat, but ... my friend was Ness, I was Samus. He was standing in the middle of the main part of Dreamland. I fsmashed him. He, having just heard of DI that day, somehow managed to DI himself into the ledge, then he flew past me in the opposite direction of how I had hid him. We just paused the game and laughed our ***** off at the pwn.

Garquille14

Smash Apprentice
I beat 3 level 9 CPU's while only getting hit once back when I played 10 hours a day over the summer one year. I had it on 2 stock for some reason.

Zen Yore

Smash Ace
Montreal, Quebec, Canada, North America, Earth
on a ffa
i was playing with 3 noobs and they decided to team up on me since i had 2 more stocks than all of em (rofl)

at the end i had like 250% and it was my last stock and all the other had like 100%

(i was using link and 2 were using mario and one dk (lol grab))

i decided to lure them into the **** tent and i got hit by uber attacks like 23849085 times but DI in **** tent = invincible

so i end using a dair on all 3 at the same time
PwneD

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
When i hit 2000+ feet without using Yoshi xO

Melee but yeah...

Never really felt proud of smash64...

Maybe when I beat KoRo in that iXi tourney years ago, that was fun. Plus I got to play (and lose too) Moogle in that tourney x)

The Star King

Smash Hero
Same thing as someone previously, I rested off stage in Congo Jungle and the barrel saved me.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Ray gun item, not Samus's gun.
Shoot-Walk-Shoot-Walk-Shoot-BAIR!
:p
oh raygun... true

Not mine either but, i once saw in a FFA 4 players, a kirby who spiked THREE players with his up+b at the same time and he also died lolololol. 4 kills at the exact same time, it was so epic that the console slowed down for those seconds

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Definitely when I first got to DJC with both Ness and Yoshi consistently. Oh, and getting U-Airs in midair without jumping 5 times in a row for a Luigi combo. I haven't been able to replicate it though :\

marthmaster04

Smash Ace
Making all the friends I had at one time or another, wether I talk to them anymore or not. And beating all the best players one time or another. And growing good alongside the best in the community for years. I'll miss playin ppl but i wont miss the bull**** xP.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Making all the friends I had at one time or another, wether I talk to them anymore or not. And beating all the best players one time or another. And growing good alongside the best in the community for years. I'll miss playin ppl but i wont miss the bull**** xP.
won't ya miss EGX ;_;

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
Beating (severely) all the people who ****-talk and/or have said they're amazing at 64. (Not talking about online matches obviously, talking about RL). It's just way too satisfying to do that.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Yeah, especially since I'm taking Calc II right now. It's easy even, but I hear Calc III is evil.

My first training mode 0-death was better...Ness vs Falcon. =/

OldSchoolSmasher

Smash Rookie
One of my closest friends has ALWAYS beaten me in Smash, no contest. I learned about advanced techniques one day and practiced them. The next time I hung out with my friend, I destroyed him over and over again with 3-lives remaining. Oh man, it felt awesome.

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
I wonder who really began the whole fair->uair->up+B off the edge of dreamland combo (with its many possible setups on-stage of course)... I've been using it among other combos for a good while in the Falcon vs. Falcon/fox/etc. matchups, but I can't remember where I picked it up.

Other players have been doing it for a good while even longer, but who did it first? SSB64 needs its equivalent of the "Ken combo," something with a name.

LOL I guess this is a pretty dumb question.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I've seen more than one player do it without ever watching any vid of Isai or so, then i guess its impossible to say, lots of players discovered it by themselves

Top Bottom