• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is your way of the aura?

Omniomega

Smash Apprentice
This thread was made to talk about what kind of fighting style you use for Lucario.​

Are you a Lucario that likes their air-game above all else?

Is your Lucario the kind that loves the mind games?

Are you a more aggressive and in-your-face Lucario?

Are you a mixture of many styles?

Or do you constantly change your style from match to match?

Tell us, what is your way of the aura.

Samuelson

Smash Lord
Stauffy's Lucario....

Well let me start off by saying that Stauffy has quite an amazing Lucario. Stauffy's Lucario is a wall of Aura created by our favorite fire emitting jackal. You simply cannot penetrate this wall unless you have a huge cawk like Captain Falcon. Instead of constructing a giant wall to prevent immigrants coming into the US we should just have Stauffy stand there and use his Lucario. Gandolf's "YOU SHALL NOT PASS" part in the Lord of the Rings doesn't even compare to how epic Stauffy's wall of aura is. Stauffy should really be known as Wallcario.

Anyways...

Nobody should use one style of Lucario for every matchup. If you do that then you are gonna get *****...just sayin'

manhunter098

Smash Lord
I just try to hit people and then knock them off the stage. Not much besides that. I dont think about my gameplay much, I just do it. Kind of like conditioning myself to just play better without knowing how I do it.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I'm definitely big on the air game. I'm mostly using aerials, with utilts and fsmashes mixed in. I'm normally pretty offensive, but more and more I'm finding that I take more of a defensive stance.

n88

Smash Lord
I have a tendency to grab and throw a lot, because I mostly play with an annoying Kirby who spams the stupid brick/rock/weight/spiky ball.

Aside from that, I just try to adapt.

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
I fight the same way I live, go with the flow and always try to see the worst outcome of a situation, then avoid said outcome.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
If you want to see replies of ppl's playing of lucario, read the first 10 or so pages of my "playstyle thread". A bunch of replies on "Oh, I'm defensive", or things like that.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Stauffy's Lucario....

Well let me start off by saying that Stauffy has quite an amazing Lucario. Stauffy's Lucario is a wall of Aura created by our favorite fire emitting jackal. You simply cannot penetrate this wall unless you have a huge cawk like Captain Falcon. Instead of constructing a giant wall to prevent immigrants coming into the US we should just have Stauffy stand there and use his Lucario. Gandolf's "YOU SHALL NOT PASS" part in the Lord of the Rings doesn't even compare to how epic Stauffy's wall of aura is. Stauffy should really be known as Wallcario.

Anyways...

Nobody should use one style of Lucario for every matchup. If you do that then you are gonna get *****...just sayin'
Blaa Blaa Blaa....Stuff.

Yes there is only one style people should play Lucario: Awesome style.

Awesome Style never loses.
And If you do lose, you weren't playing Awesome Style.

-t2

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Blaa Blaa Blaa....Stuff.

Yes there is only one style people should play Lucario: Awesome style.

And If you do lose, you weren't playing Awesome Style.

-t2
Unless they were playing Metaknight style, in which case you must go to Lucario Awesome Style, which beats all styles. Except Captain Falcon Manly Style. Even when CF Manly Style loses the match, it wins in Manliness.

I'm very in-your-face, but occasionally I'll back off and play highly defensive. At higher percents I play even more offensively than normal. I constantly abuse Fair Fair Nair when I have an opponent near the edge of the stage, and I tend to play conservatively on my edgeguard game, leaning towards AS from the stage and bairs.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Even If it is Captain Falcon style (which is manly) or even MK style,

Ever. No alternate style is needed if you have mastered awesome style, which is only awesome style when mastered.

Any character can have an awesome style, but if two awesome styles where ever played against each other, you'd have a paradox and the wii and sounding electronics would implode.
But would be totally worth it.

And lucario is the god of Sex and Fire. he's manly enough to have an awesome style.
-t2

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
I'm Skycario at low %'s, flying around with Fair combos and such. When I feel threatened I switch to Wallcario like what stauffy said. Even then, though, I still go out on the offensive occasionally. Dair and FPG start doing BEASTLY damage.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
I've been playing Lucario trying to make him a good 2nd for the last week or so and my Luc is pretty campy and defensive. I don't just sit there and camp aura sphere but I start using it for edgeguarding and finishing combos when I get into the 70s or 80s and higher. My luc gets in combos here and there and the occasional crazy flurry of pain or w/e but usually I try to keep my distance trying to keep ppl just outside of fsmash range. @_@

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
thats odd...

I was expecting more...

Btw LOTM skycario < G&W, Marth, and Ike

Sigrid Fiinikkusu

Smash Apprentice
Probably, but how I play is simple. Adapt or die. Although against Snake I try to beat up on him as much as possible, I usually grab him after he tries attacking or if he uses the nikita rocket. Although in some cases I will start chucking uncharged AS at him or right when he's running up to me.

SmashAura4

Smash Apprentice
I'm a patient Lucario, that sits and waits for that weak point to surface. And then when I got you figured out, I'll devastate you before you can even move an inch. That's my way of the aura.

Silvran

Smash Apprentice
I play a similar style to the one I played in melee, adapted to a new character. I play a flexible game, making sure to transition between defense and offense as needed, never getting caught up in a single style if I can avoid it.
Despite it being basic in terms of spacing, I rely on precision and knowing exactly how my hitboxes move/last, making sure I get the maximum out of them. I focus on improvising strings of attacks, instead of attempting to use canned combos that some characters have.
Keep a balance, be unpredictable, know your character, read your opponent... basic, but required for being effective. Frustrate them until they get predictable and make a mistake, use your range and invisible hitboxes on things like up-smash and your airs.

jehonaker

Smash Cadet
I play Lucario too much like Mewtwo from Melee, with a lot more offense overall.

Hit and run most of the time, even at low percents. I string together attacks, build up 20-30%, retreat to force approaches, and repeat. (I spot-dodge and dodge a lot.)

Overall, very much hit-and-run. I do go offensive if I see openings or have a good read on what I can expect to see in close quarters.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
lucario's camp is pretty good, i use his camping tactics quite a bit, but when necessary i'll whip out a good 30-40% damage combo, i also use his awesome aerials to chase quite a bit

i main DK so its a relief to switch to a character that doesnt have to be paranoid about going 2 inches below the **** stage.

Crink

Smash Rookie
._.

Even though I just took up Lucario;

I personally, I prefer the air.

Top Bottom