• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What items should be added/cut from Brawl?

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Cloaking device is useless against CPUs- cut it, flippers just make them look silly walking into it again and again. Too many pokemon shot projectiles straight forward eg. blastoise, chikorita, staryu, cyndaquil. Sceptile with rotating 360 degrees solarbeam, anyone? A DS stylus as a weapon would be funny.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
^

Also, touching Mew/Celebi as they fly away needs to do damage. They have no purpose except getting you a trophy, or a point boost in Bonus mode. And nobody plays Bonus mode.
You know, they shouldn't do damage, but whenever they leave the screen, a few items fall from the sky automatically. Above characters heads-1 item per character at random.

Champion_Link

Smash Cadet
I'm too lazy to search the whole thread if this has been mentioned yell at me or something. Ok here goes... Chain Chomp!! Your character can hold on to the chomp and it will slow your character down but automatically attack anyone in it's range with a powerful bite. Or you could choose to throw it somewhere will it will stay and attack anyone that comes close. This could be used to your advantage because you're opponent has to manuver around it while you can move freely in to attack.

kaboom0190

Smash Rookie
They should either updat or cut the barrel cannon. It rarely ever came, and when it did, it was usless.

A wiimote/nunchuck item would be cool, since you could beat people with it like a nunchuck.

A black hole item would be cool also. It would suck up all the items and characters around it. The items would be destroyed, but the characters would be telaported.

A smart bomb would be cool (star fox series). When you throw it, it locks onto the closest target and follows them, and when it hits them (or another obgect) it will blow up.

banana (donkey kong) characters can slip in it, making them vunrable.

Boo (mario) it would stck to some one, slowing their movement.

Thats all I can think of for now.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Ohhhh! Chain Chomp would be da sweetest item on Brawl son! Personally, I would like to see people use da ice rod from da Legend of Zelda: A Link to da Past.

TRUE!

Smash Cadet
i dunno if anyone has posted this yet but it might be fun to have the UFO as an item.....i'm talking about the UFO in the oldschool kirby game.

The Killer Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
I think the cuccos from the Zelda series should be in brawl. If you attack it, then a whole flock will attack your opponent(s).

Amuttmonkey

Smash Cadet
u remember in a link to the past that one cane that makes a block apear?

i think they should have that

when u swing it(without hitting anyone) it creates a block and if anyone touches it it sends out projectiles in random directions.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Or maybe it would turn your opponent into stone and make them vunerable for a few seconds so they could be attacked and they would have to wiggle the control stick to break free?

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
Ztar: From the mario games, if an unlucky player touches it, the player would not be able to attack or jump, and gains a lot of damage.

Chain Chomp Whistle: From Mario Party 4, if a player uses it, it will automatically seek out a player, and attack (kinda like scizor in ssbm)

Super Heart: From Yoshi Story, would make your character's attacks more powerful, and you can jump higher, and are faster.

Clock: from super mario bros 2, would stop your opponents, and environments, and only you could move/attack.

Blue Shell: from nsmb, would allow you to roll as a koopa shell when dashing.

Pokemon: They should have a pokemon that confuses your opponent, making all of the controls not respond (like if you hit the control stick left, you would go right instead)

All of my thoughts, and they should include bumper in ssbb

SMRPG1

Smash Cadet
The bumper definately needs to return. It is one item that I enjoyed a ton in the original Smash Brothers and it needs to come back.

As for an item to be taken out. Take out the Parasol. Not much use for it.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
So basically you're saying "Take out all of the powerful items" and replace them with "unpopular" ones?

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
No i'm saying the bumper is more popular so put that in and take it's replacement the flipper out. The reason I say take out all of those items I listed above is because there too powerful I have nothing against powerful items as long as there rare but those items are too powerful and appear way too much.

Razed

Smash Ace
All agreed on bumper

But also i want: Banana peel (fav in the karts), WAIT! HOLY **** THAT'S IT! WE NEED A MARIO KART!!!!!

beebee

Smash Apprentice
I think they should take out Mr. Saturn. He was useless. It would be awesome if they had a bob-bomb king. Also it would be cool if they made an item that enabled you to fly for a short time.:) :chuckle:

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
heres an idea a fairy in a bottle that heals you after you break open the bottle. Or what about the white shy guy from Yoshi story's. you pick him up in classic mode during a fight and when you lose a life he gives it back to you after you win the fight( can only be used to bring back 1 life).

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
Since I know that nobody will bother wasting their time and read my item posts about 4 pages back, I may as well post my latest idea here:
Black Hole!!!! The infamous glitch that causes 999%damage should be a temporary item for use in brawl.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
The white shy guy wouldn't bring back lives or anything, but would help out in battle a little bit. He would run at opponents or something. Just a thought.

Top Bottom