• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Kind of Grades do you get in School?

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Me? Around B's mostly, few A's and C+'s. A's in English and Physical education courses and C+'s in Math and French, but I'm currently getting B's in those too :)

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Very, very terrible grades.

My report cards were always goofy, here's a typical report from myself.

F
A
A
A
A
D

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Fs-low Ds in math my entire life. **** math.

A's in English or Writing or Creative Writing Classes

C's and B's in Art classes

C's and B's in P.E

C's and B's in Science related classes

I've literally only had one Geography class in my entire life and the teacher was horrible so I got an A because I was quiet and not a total douche like the rest of the class.

A's in History classes of any kind

D's-B's in drama/acting classes

B's and A's in stagecraft/behind the scenes art classes

C's in Shop/woodwork classes for sleeping through every single class.

an overall mediocre educational existence.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Math is the only class that I could never enjoy. I don't know if I just had teachers that made it miserable for me, but it was taught in such a tedious, boring way. Oh wait, that is math.

I'm rude to teachers I don't like, but I feel bad afterwards and get punished accordingly. Funnily enough, I had my Planters out one day and my old Algebra teacher confiscated them. She gave me a detention after I took the cashews back and "made a scene about her taking my nuts."

Peeze

Smash Master
Yeah hated math so i didnt apply myself.
Got A's in every other subject.
Except the time when Math crept over into my other classes, like Chemistry(significant figures?)

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Well, it varied heavily on the subject, and somewhat on the teacher.

Science was definitely my best subject, my Biology teacher literally did not grade anything, and just gave everyone an A. My Chemistry teacher was really nice, probly my favorite teacher during high school. Got A's and B's in there.

Math sucked a lot. Every year was just more and more confusion for me haha. That and my Algebra 2 math teacher was a bipolar ****. He was the only D I ever got in high school, and threatened to throw me out the window and bomb my house one time, haha. Not like I was a bad student towards him, he was just a jerk. Got C's and such pretty much through math.

English was good. Tons of easy teachers, especially my Junior teacher who was a complete noob at teaching. Lots of mornings where he'd just be like "Yeah.. I don't really have anything planned for today, so talk amongst yourselves while I think of something." Good stuff, A's and such.

History was okay, I mostly sucked at it, but it wasn't anything to fret over. Tests and such screwed me over quite a bit, but most of the teachers gave easy assignments or extra credit, and being cool with a lot of them helped my grades on papers n stuff. B's and C's pretty much.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
As in everything.

One has to be good at something right?

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Depended what the grades were for. I was incredibly lazy during the year and B's and C's were normal. My attitude was basically "who cares, this doesn't mean anything.". But I always crammed and got A's or A*'s for official exams.

I sucked at English though. I remember in one A level exam for General Studies, I got a U (!). Stupid essays.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
highschool was 90+ for free.

university is like a mid 70 to low 80 depending on the course. :(

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'm rude to teachers I don't like, but I feel bad afterwards and get punished accordingly. Funnily enough, I had my Planters out one day and my old Algebra teacher confiscated them. She gave me a detention after I took the cashews back and "made a scene about her taking my nuts."
lol nice dude.

And I do poorly in the following classes: Math, Gym and Music.

I'm good at: English, History, Art, Business classes.

Now in college, I get A's and B's. (This semester: A+, A, A, A, A, B)

I'll be graduating with honours. :)

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
highschool was 90+ for free.

university is like a mid 70 to low 80 depending on the course. :(
^ Pretty much this. Though I'm getting much better marks in my masters then I was as an undergrad which is odd but I'm not complaining.

There's another question for you: what level of education are you currently undertaking (e.g. junior high, middle school, high school, undergrad, diploma of X, honours, masters, PhD)?

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I'm in high school, and I never really go to class anyways. Because it was easter this week, I basically decided to stop going after tuesday and just take a full week off instead. Because of this, and the lack of effort I apply, my marks generally stay around the B range. Nothing special, but that mainly because I set my classes up in ways that support this, I take a lot of Math, and things of that nature(that don't require actual work)

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
High school was cruise control, until maybe the last 2 years if you wanted the top 5% lol

Uni, not doing as well. Stuck in cruise control, getting lower then I usually get, scares me O_O

D

Deleted member

I generally got A's with a few B's mixed in. However, I failed 8th grade Art because I refused to draw Jesus being ressurrected. Yeah, that was fun to explain to my parents.

Peeze

Smash Master
High school was cruise control, until maybe the last 2 years if you wanted the top 5% lol
This was the opposite of me. 1st 2 years of h.s. i worked really hard. Junior year started slacking, and i don't even remember my senior year. I was number two in my graduating class without trying.

Van.

Smash Ace
I failed my first class this year, which was AP chemistry. I struggled when I was taking hard math (Alg. II honors) and get free A's in easy math like trig. I do very little work, so recently my grades have looked like two A's, 3 C's, an F and a D, or something like that. And my dads a college PhD with his own wikipedia page. Sigh

Killamari

Smash Rookie
My school for some stupid reason got rid of one of our GCSE's so we only had 3 choices instead of 4 (and one of them had to be a language because it was a language school or something) So i picked IT and graphic design. We also had to do R.E (Religious education, just in case its called something else in other parts) because it was a Catholic school too (yeah it was pretty horrid).

IT: A
English Language: B
English Literature: C
Maths: C
Science, R.E,Graphics and french: D

vadgama

Smash Journeyman
Grades are overrated.

Hard work, innovation, sacrifice, perseverance, passion. A drive to succeed and learn from mistakes. That's where it's at.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Depends really

If I'm lazy Then it's more like just straight Cs where as if I try (which isn't very likely) it'll be more like straight Bs with one or two As while my Math class will always be a C

My teachers comment on my intelligence though. My history teacher even says that I could pass her class with my eyes closed and without having to write notes or actually even listen in class if it wasn't for the fact that I'm so god damn lazy.

vadgama

Smash Journeyman
Depends really

If I'm lazy Then it's more like just straight Cs where as if I try (which isn't very likely) it'll be more like straight Bs with one or two As while my Math class will always be a C

My teachers comment on my intelligence though. My history teacher even says that I could pass her class with my eyes closed and without having to write notes or actually even listen in class if it wasn't for the fact that I'm so god damn lazy.
General Education is f***'d up. Half of the stuff you learn there you probably won't use again or even remember.

If someone's excellent at math, enjoys it and consistently sucks at history and writing then push them more towards that area and help them develop their capabilities and the things THEY want to learn not what the government wants your children to learn. People who are taught things that they want to learn do well and learn SOOoo much more than random garbage information being forced down their throat.

This is why college is so great. You can choose what field you want to study in and what classes and material you want to learn. Which is how it should be from high school or even mid middle school.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
We also had to do R.E (Religious education, just in case its called something else in other parts) because it was a Catholic school too (yeah it was pretty horrid).
I think R.E. is one of the more useful subjects you can learn at GCSE level. Understanding more about the cultures and religions around you is arguably as important as anything you do in maths or science.

--

I'm in my fifth year of medicine at uni. This year I'm doing an extra degree in Health Sciences. We don't really get grades but I guess I'd be on an A right now. I won a prize for best in paediatrics, but that was a total fluke. I don't think exams mean much in terms of how good a doctor most people will be so I don't really care about them. After so many years, I just want to not fail :glare:.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
A's, A's, and A's!

Although I'm making a B in General Biology right now which is really driving me up the wall. So little time left. I have to write an extra credit research paper just to bump it up to an A.

Speaking of which I should be doing that instead of posting on these forums... but, I'm quite the procrastinator, especially right now. lol

I should say it's A's for me at the moment, though. It hasn't always been.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
with the bell curve, 60s can sometimes be enough to get you an A anyways hahaha.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
General Education is f***'d up. Half of the stuff you learn there you probably won't use again or even remember.

If someone's excellent at math, enjoys it and consistently sucks at history and writing then push them more towards that area and help them develop their capabilities and the things THEY want to learn not what the government wants your children to learn. People who are taught things that they want to learn do well and learn SOOoo much more than random garbage information being forced down their throat.

This is why college is so great. You can choose what field you want to study in and what classes and material you want to learn. Which is how it should be from high school or even mid middle school.
I ****ing agree with this 101%

I wish this were true. I despise Math and Science and my brain isn't even wired to learn any of that garbage and I just wish I could do something besides that. My Algebra II teacher has even admitted that we will never use any of the crap that she's teaching us ever again unless we were to do some really advanced job **** like architecture. And Science is the same thing. I can already tell that unless I'm gonna be some sort of biologist, I'm never gonna use **** like how the process of photosynthesis or cellular respiration works ever again. God I wish I had the option to choose these classes because I'm already dead set on never taking a job that has to do with Math or Science and I dunno why they make me take this **** any further

EDIT:

And the bell curve system is bull****. I got an F on the class that turned into an A because of the bell curve and I was all happy and wtf at the same time

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Pretty consistant A's and B's, with the exception of Middle school, which I skidded by on C-F's

Top Bottom