• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What melee levels SHOULD have been in brawl ?

kid x

Smash Apprentice
Eh, I'm ok with Pokemon Stadium 2.

I think it should've returned, there was nothing particularly (I dunno if that's spelled right) bad about it IMO, and Birdo and that little flying bird on the carpet were cool features, of course the logs too.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
They could've always got rid of PS1, and gave PS2 all the new elements from PS1. So you have 6 different stages in one.

Yeah, I enjoyed that. But the water was killer on my eyes, too bright for me.
It seemed too small to have two gaping holes and land you can get pushed off of.

kid x

Smash Apprentice
That wouldn't have been a bad idea.

Lol, the water never effected me like that, didn't really notice the brightness. It was kinda small too, but that wasn't much of a problem to me.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I just wish they would let the fans decide SOME of the stuff that went into Brawl. There's been a lot of complaints.

Maybe it was because my TV was so bright. xD It was 42 inches or something and I was always 2 feet away.
I can't say I liked the music they had, Super Mario Bros. 2 had terrible music. It got annoying after awhile. Can't say I'd ever want that stage back.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Oh, I almost forgot. Fourside would've been a better alternative to New Pork City.
I've always liked small stages, but I guess they were aiming for a new Temple, seeing as how it got boring after awhile.

Any others?

kid x

Smash Apprentice
They should let the majority of fans opinions be implemented into a new Smash, obviously it would sell more if it had a little from every fan.

Lol maybe. I loved the music, SMB2 had great music to me, but that's just my opinion.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Good point. Most people dropped Brawl entirely and went back to Melee. But they all claim the fighting style was why they switched back.

I just never liked it. It was the only Mario game that had a soundtrack I didn't like. xDDDD

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
They don't listen to us. That's why the Wii's so far behind in sales. And besides that, adding Mega Man would double Brawl sales. ;D

NOOO I DON'T WANT THIS DISCUSSION TO DIE.
We need something to be on topic... uhh... Yoshi's Island!
64 version.
Seriously, they needed improved version of 64 stages imo. xD

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I always get my Yoshi stages confused.
Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's Story, Yoshi's Island 64, Yoshi's Island, the one with the blocks.
-exhausted-
I can't remember them allll.

And it seems they never gave us a bad Yoshi stage.

Yoshi52

Smash Cadet
Two page long conversation?
Well, I think it would've been a good idea to have all stages from past games, if they could do that, and organize them prior to which Smash game they were from. It would definitely be fun to have all those stages to choose from!

Black Hole CO

Smash Cadet
They don't listen to us. That's why the Wii's so far behind in sales.
huh? last time i checked, i thought the wii was kicking major butt *goes to wikipedia*
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Console_wars#Home_systems

Worldwide sales figures
1. Wii – 34.55 million, as of 30 September 2008 (2008 -09-30)
2. Xbox 360 – 25 million, as of 25 November 2008 (2008 -11-25)
3. PlayStation 3 – 16.84 million, as of 30 September 2008 (2008 -09-30)

Canada sales figures
Based on figures from the NPD Group, as of 1 August 2008 (2008 -08-01)
1. Wii – 1,060,000
2. Xbox 360 – 870,000
3. PlayStation 3 – 520,000

Japan sales figures
Based on figures from Famitsu/Enterbrain, as of 1 October 2008 (2008 -10-01)
1. Wii – 6,826,612
2. PlayStation 3 – 2,369,484
3. Xbox 360 – 748,992

not trying to be fanboyish, but the numbers are there :p however this is due to all the interactive games and not any good "hardcore" games. they arent listening to us, and its paying off

kid x

Smash Apprentice
Two page long conversation?
Well, I think it would've been a good idea to have all stages from past games, if they could do that, and organize them prior to which Smash game they were from. It would definitely be fun to have all those stages to choose from!
Lol yeah, we were trying to keep the thread alive.

I also think they should've did that, that way everyone would be happy, kinda.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Whoa, I never realized how long that conversation was.

Oh, and thanks for letting me know, I just made an educated guess. Wikipedia might not be all that reliable though.

And having every stage would only make it better. xD But given that they'd only let in half of them, keep the good ones.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
It definetly should have been The Meta Stage from N64, though that wasn't a Melee stage so I'll go with "that secret long stage' from the debug menu lol...

Tyranitarphantom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SwitcherooTtar
Great Bay, Fountain of Dreams, and Brinstar Depths. They just had to bring their trashy counterparts into Brawl (Temple, Green Greens, and Brinstar suck imo)

Ricky

Smash Journeyman
Fountain of Dreams. - Back in Melee it was my favorite stage of all. The music was my favorite to be honest, and the stage itself was fun with a stage title like that how can you dislike it?

Fourside. - Not much of a reason, besides the UFO it was just addictive.

Those two were the only ones I thought should have made it in.

Top Bottom