• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What move do you K.O. with the most?

rampant_apart

Smash Apprentice
What do you find yourself killing with most. I was noticing that if I K.O. someone, it tends to be with the up air the most (not edge guarding mind you, I mean sending them off flying beyond the saving graces of DI.) Was just wondering if that was unusual or what. Does this mean I'm not using his best kill moves? How are you guys getting most of your K.O.s? Always good to hear what's working for other people.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
F-air, d-air, and f-tilt are a few attacks that I use to KO. I hardly use Ganondorf's smash attacks in a match.

joenm8r

Smash Cadet
I think it would have to be u-air for me as well. I got a double kill on with anyone FFAs the other night. It feels like people don't expect Ganondorf to come up from below so much.

COMMANDLIST

Smash Cadet
For me I use his Wizard Foot. When properly timed when someone is trying to come back on the stage use his down B. You get the most amount of knock back at the end of the move. If they aren't K.O from that follow it up with an uair. Should do the job just fine. :laugh:

Grunge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
J-wiggity
3DS FC
2938-8119-7719
Fsmash is too slow, sometimes
U-air
F-tilt

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
You know I had to think about this. The dying just sort of happens as a by-product of the ownage, when I'm using Ganon.

Gotta be uair and ftilt.

I definitely underuse Fsmash, I realized. Any tips on that? How do I throw it in? It's one of those moves that you gotta make people afraid of, I have gathered.

Frf

Smash Apprentice
Dash attack and Dair most of the time. And Fsmashes when playing against Lvl 9s. :p

rampant_apart

Smash Apprentice
I definitely underuse Fsmash, I realized. Any tips on that? How do I throw it in? It's one of those moves that you gotta make people afraid of, I have gathered.
I think I may be with you on that. And it's weird because I can get Warlock Punch to land more often than that move (lol mindgames).

Zarez

Smash Cadet
I ussually just use the fsmash when an opponent rolls behind me after a flame choke. I use it other times, too, but I find this to be a fairly effective way to use it (not sure if it's the best option, though).

Sliq

Smash Master
I ussually just use the fsmash when an opponent rolls behind me after a flame choke. I use it other times, too, but I find this to be a fairly effective way to use it (not sure if it's the best option, though).
This is the best way to KO with the f smash.

Also, if you land into f smash, if spaced correctly, can only really be punished by a dash grab, attack, or up smash (assuming you miss or hit their shield). As I land from ac dair I sometimes f smash, as people will either try to retaliate immediately from afar, only to run into an elbow, or noobs will try to roll behind me and end up right in front of me.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
I use fsmash mainly when I think my opponent is going to approach me. The fact that it's partially disjointed really helps with this and not getting punished. Although usually I only use it when the foe is at low or mid damage (although to be fair, even at mid damage it can kill, so w/e). People have a tendency to play more careful when they have high damage, and it's just unnecessary at that point when you have the ftilt available.

Anyway, I use the dair, ftilt, uair, bair, fair and dash attack to kill. Dash attack probably the least of any of the above, and the uair/bair/fair usually in edgeguard, while dair kills tend to be off the top for me more often than the bottom (although I still do get quite a few spikes). Occasionally I'll use downB (aerial non-spike version) to kill, or ganoncide if I'm at a high percent. Really, it's hard to definitively say I kill with "x" the most, as I really just use whatever I can hit with at the time, and they usually die. lol

Magus-Cie

Smash Journeyman
Dash attack - Because it spikes if they are grabbing the edge.

Warlock Kick - 'nuf said.

Uair - Yup...

And in brawls, I kill with Warlock Punch. Just try throwing them out occasionally. I went from turtling in 4 man brawls (5 stock), to now coming in first with 8-12 kos. Warlock punch is truly amazing.

Shamoo

Smash Cadet
Dash attacks spikes if they are on the edge? Interesting. I'll have to try it.

My most often my kills are from, F smash when mid damage, Dair, and Utlit ALOT.

I'm working the filt into my game :3

EDIT:

Yea the dash Definitely does not spike. It doesn't even hit marth or Metaknight or snake or falco. It seems it hits the biggy doofy characters like bowser yoshi, but even then it always sends them up. Lol.

Moon/Sun

Smash Apprentice
Warlock Punch
Aerial Warlock Punch (as a recovery move)
360 Warlock Punch
Flame Choke
Forward Tilt

Magus-Cie

Smash Journeyman
EDIT:

Yea the dash Definitely does not spike. It doesn't even hit marth or Metaknight or snake or falco. It seems it hits the biggy doofy characters like bowser yoshi, but even then it always sends them up. Lol.
It depends on the stage. Try it on some of the larger characters on battlefield. That is where I manage it.

El Drago

Smash Cadet
Sparta kick, stomp, then air punch, in that order me thinks.

Then again i find myself fighting a lot of ikes, and sparta kick is practically cheating (KOs at 70%).

Gymn

Smash Cadet
The kills

When i kill people with Gannon it seems to be the f-air and the thunder stomp. So effective :chuckle:

Magus-Cie

Smash Journeyman
Actually, one thing I was wondering was why more people do not KO with Upsmash. It is crazy strong, is GDorf's fastest smash, and most important of all, it has hitboxes above, in front of him, and has IASA frames.

Top Bottom