• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Nintendo Should Do

Darkslash

Smash Master
My suggestion to my beloved Nintendo...

[]MAKE A MARIO GAME WITH SOME VIOLENCE IN IT.[/SIZE]

Seriously, Super Mario Galaxy was quite epic and all, but a tiny bit babyish to me. However, I have yet to see blood (at least a little) in a Mario game.
Look back at your Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards game, Nintendo, Zero Two? Remember?
Make something like that in Mario.

And another thing... Make Bowser a little bit more evil, yes? We need some REAL darkness within the Mario universe.
Violence does not make a game great, but how the game is executed.

That's one of my major disappointments this gen. Games need the "LAWL VIOLENCE, LAWL BLOOD, LAWL KILL KILL KILL" in order to be "GOOD"

Seriously
I have yet to see blood (at least a little) in a Mario game
Makes me face palm on the outside and die a little on the inside. Mario is not SUITED for that.

Jeez, I thought killing another living being with your body weight was bad enough.

finalark

SNORLAX
My suggestion to my beloved Nintendo...

MAKE A MARIO GAME WITH SOME VIOLENCE IN IT.

Seriously, Super Mario Galaxy was quite epic and all, but a tiny bit babyish to me. However, I have yet to see blood (at least a little) in a Mario game.
Look back at your Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards game, Nintendo, Zero Two? Remember?
Make something like that in Mario.

And another thing... Make Bowser a little bit more evil, yes? We need some REAL darkness within the Mario universe.
I'm sorry, but the level of stupidity radiating from this post was so bad, that it summoned me back to just say these things:

1: MARIO IS A KID'S GAME. IT'S CARTOONY, ADVENTUROUS, FUN. NOT DARK-AND-GRITTY GEARS OF WAR ACTION. IT DOES NOT NEED VIOLENCE OR BLOODSHED.

2: Once again, Mario is a kid's game. This is Mario, not Lord of the Rings or anything like that. We don't need Bowser sending armies of Koopas to go slaughter the Toads.

3: This is exactly what's wrong with this Xbox-fueled generation of gaming. These days, a game isn't good unless someone's head explodes.

kingdom-triforce

Smash Journeyman
I think Nintendo should make a brand new series along with expanding on new stories based on the old ones. Seeing fresh new stuff for the Wii like their previous predecessors would b nice.

Likewise, I pretty much agree with the statements about expanding on Star Fox, Pokemon, and the like. Besides, setting up a new series might also help the smash series. The number of characters might be growing slim. If Nintendo doesn't start doing something original, it might end up incorperating mass amounts of outside characters. (not like that's a bad thing)

D

Deleted member

Nintendo's got most of the genres, except Survival Horror. If Nintendo made a Horror game, they'd have almost all the bases covered.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
my Suggestion To My Beloved Nintendo...

make A Mario Game With Some Violence In It.

Seriously, Super Mario Galaxy Was Quite Epic And All, But A Tiny Bit Babyish To Me. However, I Have Yet To See Blood (at Least A Little) In A Mario Game.
Look Back At Your Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards Game, Nintendo, Zero Two? Remember?
Make Something Like That In Mario.

And Another Thing... Make Bowser A Little Bit More Evil, Yes? We Need Some Real Darkness Within The Mario Universe.

Are You ****ing Kidding Me?

this is why Nintendo is going casual- apparently all "hardcore" gamers don't think a game is good unless it's mature. bull****.
Nintendo's got most of the genres, except Survival Horror. If Nintendo made a Horror game, they'd have almost all the bases covered.
here you go.

D

Deleted member

I'm not talking a single game. I'm talking like a big franchise.

3: This is exactly what's wrong with this Xbox-fueled generation of gaming. These days, a game isn't good unless someone's head explodes.
You are all imbeciles.

I meant, by that post, to say that a Mario game should have the violence of Kirby 64, which was not that violent, most obviously.
I did NOT mean that you have to have gore and excessive blood in it, I meant a boss, per say, with a small blood stain on the head or something, like Zero Two.
I did not mean to have Bowser slaughter the Toads, idiot, you all took what I said too far, much too far. Do you really think that I would want Nintendo, of all video game companies, to make a bloody, gorey game? No.
I meant Bowser to successfully execute some of his plans, which are always one way or another messed up by Mario, I mean have Bowser finally rule a kingdom, instead of temporarily taking hold of it.
Even let poor Bowser have his own game as well! Donkey Kong, Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, they have all had a game of their own, but what about Bowser?

Besides, I hate the Xbox and the PS3, as if a system could not have 90% of it's games be rated M, which I hate also.

To hell with hardcore M gamers.
I should not even post my opinion if everyone is going to make a colossal deal about it.
Have I finally made my point very clear? Understand the specifics.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
You are all imbeciles.

I meant, by that post, to say that a Mario game should have the violence of Kirby 64, which was not that violent, most obviously.
I did NOT mean that you have to have gore and excessive blood in it, I meant a boss, per say, with a small blood stain on the head or something, like Zero Two.
I did not mean to have Bowser slaughter the Toads, idiot, you all took what I said too far, much too far. Do you really think that I would want Nintendo, of all video game companies, to make a bloody, gorey game? No.
I meant Bowser to successfully execute some of his plans, which are always one way or another messed up by Mario, I mean have Bowser finally rule a kingdom, instead of temporarily taking hold of it.
Even let poor Bowser have his own game as well! Donkey Kong, Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, they have all had a game of their own, but what about Bowser?

Besides, I hate the Xbox and the PS3, as if a system could not have 90% of it's games be rated M, which I hate also.

To hell with hardcore M gamers.
I should not even post my opinion if everyone is going to make a colossal deal about it.
Have I finally made my point very clear? Understand the specifics.
Hey, hey, hey. No reason to have yer name-callin', buddy, you just didn't clarify your idea well enough.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind having this sort of thing, but if it's something as trivial as a boss having a little bit of blood added, is it all that necessary?

(Read the whole post and cease focusing on the minor name-calling, respond appropriately to my post.)

Zero Two symbolized revenge and et cetera because he had already been defeated.

Maybe something in the Mario series could do so as well. When you think about it, the Kirby series seems to be the same as the Mario series as in being in an idyllic world. Kirby is in Dream Land, the name states it all. Mushroom Kingdom for Mario, yet the Mushroom Kingdom is not as 'peaceful' as Dream Land seems to be.

Bosses need depth to them, they simply cannot have no background at all, otherwise the boss fight is boring.
EVERY video game boss has a background, but I have yet to see something seeking vengeance in Mario. Bowser excluded, because Bowser is a constantly recurring boss.

M.K

Level 55
Why do I continue to talk, you guys are completely right and I have proven that I am incapable of forming opinions that aren't stereotypically inert.
And I love how you use Kirby 64 as a game to compare violence level with, especially with the mention of adding blood, because blood was not present in Kirby 64 either, yet you said that it should be the same level of violence as Mario games; the ones with blood, remember? Wait, yes, no? NO!!

I mean, most obviously though, right?

bobson

Smash Lord
Bosses need depth to them, they simply cannot have no background at all, otherwise the boss fight is boring.
EVERY video game boss has a background, but I have yet to see something seeking vengeance in Mario. Bowser excluded, because Bowser is a constantly recurring boss.
You seem to have confused video games with movies or books (perhaps you should take up producing JRPGs). A boss fight is boring if the process of fighting it is boring. "Depth" is a welcome addition, not a prerequisite; hundreds of games have had boss fights without "depth" and have done just fine. Mario's plotline is and has always been just a means for the gameplay to make some sense.

And I love how you use Kirby 64 as a game to compare violence level with, especially with the mention of adding blood, because blood was not present in Kirby 64 either, yet you said that it should be the same level of violence as Mario games; the ones with blood, remember? Wait, yes, no? NO!!

I mean, most obviously though, right?
Very well then, edit my post to what I never said then :laugh:. Because Kirby 64, had NO violence in it, and yet you still thought I meant REAL violence, did you not?
Blood was only present in Kirby 64 with Zero Two's eye, none other in the game!
Yes, my understanding of 'violence' in video games is pitiful, is it not?

I just need interesting storylines in games, along with the bosses.
I am not confusing them with movies, or maybe I just fantasize too much, yes?
No need to try and dash what I say, at least people listen.

Insult me and the way I speak then. At least I can try to give positive feedback to others.
Maybe a little 'Well yeah a little blood on a Mario boss would be alright', or 'That's your opinion, Omnicron, and I think that's alright, here's mine:'.

M.K

Level 55
Insult me and the way I speak then. At least I can try to give positive feedback to others.
Maybe a little 'Well yeah a little blood on a Mario boss would be alright', or 'That's your opinion, Omnicron, and I think that's alright, here's mine:'.
Excuse me, I give positive feedback where it is accredited; however, your statements are so obviously dumb and refutable that I can't help but criticize you for doing so. Your opinion is what ruins the image of the hardcore gamer, and as a member of that group, I can't sit by quietly and let you tarnish our image with these overly stupid remarks.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
(Read the whole post and cease focusing on the minor name-calling, respond appropriately to my post.)

Zero Two symbolized revenge and et cetera because he had already been defeated.

Maybe something in the Mario series could do so as well. When you think about it, the Kirby series seems to be the same as the Mario series as in being in an idyllic world. Kirby is in Dream Land, the name states it all. Mushroom Kingdom for Mario, yet the Mushroom Kingdom is not as 'peaceful' as Dream Land seems to be.

Wut

I responded to your post as a whole. I focused on the name-calling because it was rude, while also giving my opinion. It looks more to me like you didn't read my whole post, as short as it was... :ohwell:

Adding blood doesn't add depth to a boss. I don't know what you were trying to enforce (whether it was simply that bosses need depth (which I do believe, btw)), but it didn't have any relevance to what you were saying regarding violence in the Mario games. :ohwell:

Excuse me, I give positive feedback where it is accredited; however, your statements are so obviously dumb and refutable that I can't help but criticize you for doing so. Your opinion is what ruins the image of the hardcore gamer, and as a member of that group, I can't sit by quietly and let you tarnish our image with these overly stupid remarks.
Yes, but to critisize the way I speak? At least manage to critisize me in a more mature way next time, alright?
On a more positive note, I thought Metroid was just Sci-fi, in what way is it horror as well?

And at Clownbot: What I really meant was to have a more... Evil boss in Mario. You know how Earthbound was a humourous and light-hearted game until Giygas? That is what I was aiming for, not as disturbing as Giygas though. I never thought that people would misinterpret so much. I shall try to be more specific in what I was thinking of next time.
I apologise for the uproar among everyone because of my first post.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I didn't say it was horror per se, it's just very close due to its extremely dark atmosphere.

Alone, you're strolling through the depths of a planet, encountering extraterrestial monsters and highly armed alien pirates all out to only kill you.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
WARNING: cliched heartfelt comment ahead

It's cool. We all make mistakes, and some of us were probably at just as much, if not more, fault than you.

On a completely different note, they should release a new game with Yoshi as the star. With less babies and moar Yoshi. Like YS, but heavily improved, graphics-wise and such.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Yes, but to critisize the way I speak? At least manage to critisize me in a more mature way next time, alright?
On a more positive note, I thought Metroid was just Sci-fi, in what way is it horror as well?

And at Clownbot: What I really meant was to have a more... Evil boss in Mario. You know how Earthbound was a humourous and light-hearted game until Giygas? That is what I was aiming for, not as disturbing as Giygas though. I never thought that people would misinterpret so much. I shall try to be more specific in what I was thinking of next time.
I apologise for the uproar among everyone because of my first post.
well, the Mario games are always about humor usually, but I believe the darkest story you will ever get in a mario game is probably The Thousand-Year Door, and that's as dark as you will get for Mario.

OutlawStar

Smash Apprentice
We definitely need Kirby games. Like Kirby Airride 2, and one like Crystal shards.

This thread sums everything up pretty well.

Arora

Smash Apprentice
Yeah that's some nice ideas but I see kid Icarus as a first person arrow shooter game just think how competitive that could be or it could be like assasins creed

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Nintendo needs to make more good gams and more money.

... And they should record a video of all executives facepalming because of the "Wii Vitality Sensor". The concept in itself is very stupid... But I guess I could kill time by taking my pulse whenever I'm doing something that makes my heart race... ;)

D

Deleted member

Those are actually really good ideas. Other then that, these major things I want Nintendo to do:

- Bring Earthbound to the Virtual Console. Everyone wants it, why should they ignore us?
- A new Kirby game.
- A true Donkey Kong game. Not just an racing or an on-rail game, give us an true new installment.

Those would be great ideas.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Do I really have to keep explaining that there's technically no such thing as a bump in UB?

God.

Mewter

Smash Master
Bumping is allowed in the User Blogs because technically, they're not threads, right?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Yes that's right.

+1 redundancy. ;__;

Top Bottom