• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What sets your Sheik apart?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
It seems every Sheik player who discusses on this board knows the basics of how to play her well. We all know how to tilt lock, how to chain lock, how to needle camp, how to space with bairs, how to recover, how to play the ledge, etc. And yet we all play a completely different ninja. Is there anything about your play style that sets you apart? List 5 things that you think sets your Sheik apart from all the rest. You can talk about tactics, certain moves, tricks, or your entire playstyle. For the heck of it, also list your tag and color. Maybe you can even find players who play very similar to you, or perhaps discover a whole new viable playstyle for Sheik! I'm making this thread to encourage individuality and creativity with a character that we have already studied inside and out.

(Don't be afraid to indulge in yourself. Show some pride. ;))

Tag: RONI
Color: Red/Pink

1. Run away -> B-reverse charged needles. I'm known for having a very aggressive (and sometimes reckless) Sheik. However, that play style really works for me and I really enjoy doing it. I'm not really a camper... but if there are ever times where I HAVE to stop attacking and take time to space or concentrate, I still don't leave any breathing. Whenever I knock someone away, I always charge my needles before resuming my aggression. Then when someone is blocking, sometimes I run away and b-reverse my needles instead of rushing in and continuing pressure. This almost always connects. People only expect needles if you are above them diagonally, or on the ground facing them. This is an innovative and tricky way to use your needles, because you're at a distance and instantly turning around for free projectile damage. A true ninja tactic.

2. Strong rushdown. Whether it's RAR bairs, autocancel fairs, double jabs to grabs/dtilts, tilt locks, fake outs, gimps, or needles... you'll find my Sheik almost always on the offensive. It helps to know the spacing of every attack, and doing so makes an offense the best defense. I am rarely punished for my attacks, and when I do get punished, I take note of not to do. I do this in many matchups, but I know when it could be detrimental to me. There are those matchups where I no I have to camp... like Wario, G&W, and Snake. But most of the time, I'm a crazy attacker.

3. Norfair. *ahem* Needless to say, I invented many, MANY tricks to use on this stage. I made a thread about it, but I bet many of my tactics have been forgotten or overlooked. How many of you remember that you can vanish glide off the middle platform to the outer ledge of the top platforms? I call myself "Spiderman" when I use my chain maneuvers on this stage. If this stage was allowed in a tournament, I'd definitely pick it no matter what. I'm sure you guys like this stage as well... it's just awesome. I've only lost three or four in my life on this stage while using Sheik.

4. Flashy. Now, I hear a lot of people say "don't do moves that are unnecessary" or "play to win." I'd say I agree with those. However, keep in mind: Sheik is a mid tier, and sometimes you need those extra mindgames and fake outs to break past her limits. I use a lot of needle cancels and unnecessary RARS and DACUS to make myself unpredictable. Using a textbook Sheik is not gonna cut it in a tournament because she is campable and lacks priority. We have to always continue to think outside the box, and flashy tricks are one way to do it. Heck, sometimes I approach with RAR reverse needle cancel fair. Sometimes I repeatedly use sh nairs and DI backwards just to annoy someone. I almost always chain hog -> bair to edge guard. There's a certain flavor to my Sheik that can't be copied by anyone.

5. The Peach matchup.
It was a little bit hard for me to come up with a fifth little piece of individuality in my Sheik, but it finally hit me. I know this matchup so well because it was the only matchup I played for weeks. I had one crew member that played me with his Peach almost everyday. This is slightly an uphill battle (45:55 in Peach's favor) because Peach has so much priority over Sheik, and is one of the few characters that has the advantage over Sheik on Battlefield. I learned my ways to penetrate her and mastered many anti-Peach tactics. I finally challenged EdreesesPieces last december, who was arguably the best Peach at that time, and I was able to take a match off him even after he beat my Snake and Metaknight. I learned a lot from playing against him, and after a bit more practice I can confidently say I will never lose to a Peach in tournament.

Voyeur

Smash Journeyman
Tag: Voyer
Color: Blue (because of Strider Hiryuhttp://capcomdatabase.wikia.com/wiki/Strider_Hiryuhttp://capcomdatabase.wikia.com/wiki/Strider_Hiryu)

1. D-Style. Since I use to play GunZ and was more or less one of the better Dagger Stylers on the game, there was a move very similar to Sheik's DACUS. It was called E-Lunge (extended lunge) and it involved the properties of using your 2ndary attack, a lunge/push that covered a fair distance, along with a normal Dash speed in the game. The Result is a ridiculous long ranged slide across the floor. E-Lungehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoqlYwqVGBwhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoqlYwqVGBw
And with that said I never used this attack as means to do damage or be aggressive, but instead as a way to get around faster and be more defensive, escape. The entire idea of D-style is about mind games and going in between fast and slow, liquid state, and messing with your opponent. I feel Sheik's overall moves and gameplay really relates to D-style and I like it. This is also how I play my Sheik, doing things out of the ordinary use of something for another situation. Doing the obvious when the obvious is expected usually isn't so obvious.

2. Using What I like regardless. Not sure about many others but I use Sheik simply because I like her as a character. From Ocarina of Time to reading the Manga, I just like Sheik. I don't care about Tiers seeing as I used her in Melee and now use her in Brawl. There was a big drop in rank and a shift in game play style, but that doesn't matter because I play who I love to use. This is true for me in other games. From Dagger being the most under used weapon in GunZ, BL/UU teams in Pokemon, Unique decks in Magic and Yu-Gi-Oh to even using the most over used, over powered, Undead Rogue in WoW. I use what I like because I like it and if they happen to be awesome or crappy, so be it. I'll at least have fun and enjoy who I'm using simply because that's how I'm doing it, win or loose. There is a nirvana between competitive and casual, you just have to have an opened mind. Not being combative/argumentative and embracing criticism <3 I also only Main Sheik. I have no secondaries.

3. Short Hop Back Flip. I love using the little back flip after performing any short hop. I use it every chance I get while waiting and planning. I love leading it into RAR, while doing a fast fall Back Air since it usually guarantees the strong hitbox. Mixing that up with the flip into a Forward Air. Running away and pivoting on the ground, into a short hop with the back flip, then start charging needles. The move in general really looks sexy and it adds a certain uncertainty to what move I'll do next. For me personally it helps me gauge and time the next action afterwards. At the same time it also keeps my hands warmed up and exercised away from idleness, keeping my mind sharp and ready.

4. Never Taunt & Victory Pose B. While in friendlies, money match, tournament or any kind of match I never ever perform a taunt because I don't see it as necessary. I usually end up charging needles after a KO, going for a Vanish Glide or doing the short hop back flip as stated above continuously. I don't need to rub anything into my opponent's face and I don't want to loose focus of the fight, nor do I underestimate the bonus of an angry opponent. Usually when some one has the lead over another on their last stock, the one with the lead starts to play more relaxed thinking "I still have (X) stocks left." And the one on their last is now playing to win and survive, which switches the game styles of the 2 and intent. I feel taunting sort of feeds into that. I also like to pick Sheik's B Victory pose at the end of any match when I have time to think to hit it. It's the more or less least cocky of the poses and I feel it shows a sort of sportman ship look of Sheik pondering about the awesome match that just occurred.

5. I hate calling Sheik a ninja. I noticed almost if not all of you call her a ninja and I really just hate it. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth from that word because of all the Narutards that exist. She's a Sheikah or at least a Rogue or Strider but Ninja's are something specific to the culture and an Era of Japan, it's a life style and profession which Sheik doesn't go by so she can't be called a ninja. Ninja qualities =/= Ninja, look at Rogues in World of Warcraft. Go play Tenchu if you want to use ninjas but keep that lame word out of context when talking about some one as amazing and above as Sheik <3 =P

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
I'm not a Sheik Main, but hehe, this sounds fun either way.

Tag: CNVOG
Color: White ((Zelda's costume in OoT))

1. Tends to refer Sheik as a guy. There, I said it. For the sake of the SWF, I do say Sheik is a girl. However, personally, I think Sheik should be known or is much more intriguing to say that Sheik is a guy instead of simply as "Zelda in disguise". It is said that Zelda used magic to change into an alter ego form, in this case, Sheik, so controversy can be said about whether or not Zelda has the magical power to also change her gender, or if she was able to do it through creating an entirely new alternate form. (Personally, I think the idea of creating a whole new entity much more pertains to the Japanese way of both culture and folk lore). It's unclear about Sheik's gender in general due to lack of precise translations and overall Canon on Sheikahs and the Royal families' power. Besides, it's easier to differentiate Zelda and Sheik by 'she' and 'he'.

2. Controller-grip style. I don't devote myself to playing strictly claw-style or standard-style. I don't know about everyone else, but I find myself switching between both of them, particularly when I need to DACUS with Sheik, I go to claw formation, or when I'm just doing normal moves, I go standard. It's harder for me in the end since switching between grip styles isn't partical, but it's how I play.

3. Play for fun. Personally, I find people who play to win aren't the kind of people I want to be around. AKA power-players. I first got addicted to playing competitive video-gaming in Marvel vrs. Capcom 2 when I was like 14, and for two years I got it in my head that winning was good and winning was everything, leading me to play tournament and use the best characters, just like everyone else. After a while, I realized just how much I hated playing the same team, and using characters that I, basically, don't like to use. I quit power-playing and began focusing more on playing for fun, using the characters I like, and found myself happier. This is including in any video game I play now. Sheik may not be the best character around, and neither are my mains or other secondaries, but I use them because they are fun to play with and I enjoy it even more so.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Perhaps some videos accompanying the player's info would be a good idea?

Tag: SiHi
Color: Black/Neutral. Sometimes blue.

Starting the match:

I always jump and charge needles. The jump is to avoid any projectiles that may come my way. I always have my needles charged. This is predictable, but there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Style:

I'll try to keep it simple.

I try to always push people off the edge and keep them there. My strength is edgeguarding so that's where I want to be. Chainguarding is a new -found fundamental. It's just awesome.

I tend to try new things all the time, even if I have heard they don't work so well. (That's how the Sheik Guide got so big, after all). New things include:

Aerial chainlock (didn't work) BUT I managed to KO by holding B and hitting a recovering DK then edgehogging him. Fun.

Needlepulls > Footstool. Works occasionally for easy 0-death KO.I try to footstool a lot. After a failed recovery by an enemy I jump on top of them. I saw gimpyfish do it once and thought it was hilarious. I did it by accident and fell in love.

Transformation Jumps are key. I do them in every match. I main Zelda and sheik equally and this is just the pefect move. If you're lucky you can spike the person trying to catch you off-stage.

I don't grab or f-tilt NEARLY as much as I should. I almost never u-tilt or d-tilt either.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Tag: BILLY (My name :p. Any ideas of a better name are welcome.)
Color: Green

1. Back flip
I really like to taunt with Sheik's back flip. It just looks cool and it doesn't leave me open ;)

2. Not afraid to play Zelda the whole match.
Unlike some people, I am not reluctant to switch to Zelda in the middle of a match and play as her. She is about half as good as my Sheik, but it makes match ups against characters like Kirby a LOT easier.

3. Grab -> Throw -> Grab
I really like to grab someone then forward throw. Then, instead of following up with an aerial, I wait for them to air dodge and I go for another grab. It works better than you might think. Especially against a Snake that is air dodge happy. I remember posting this somewhere before, but Snake is the easiest to do this on. They will most likely air dodge the first throw, leading to another grab. I usually keep doing this until they start realizing what I am doing. Then they will usually jump or try an attack. If they jump, follow them with an aerial. If they attack wait for them to land (horrible end lag) and grab again. :chuckle:

4. Aerial Needles.
This is something I am just picking up. If timed right, aerial needles DESTROYS second jumps when enemies are off the ledge and are trying to recover. Then they are forced to use their up B, which makes gimping much easier. Sometimes, if they don't expect the needle, they can fall too far to be able to recover with their up B. I also use these sometimes to stop approaches or follow ups when I get knocked high in the air.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Cute thread.

Name: <3 (LessThanThree)
Tag: PiCHU (In homage to melee's best character and the other number I'm less than pi)
Color: Red/Pink?

1. Needles

I rack at least 50% a stock on needles alone by punishing wiffed, or laggy attacks; dodges; and landings.

2. Minimalistic

Like most of my posts, when I'm not flustered I'm very minilalistic in my playing, I never try to go above and beyond I stick with what works and what has the lowest chance of being punished.

3. Defensive

Which leads into my very defensive nature I wait for mistakes and punish them with sheiks ridiculous speed. I spend most of the game just outside of my opponents attack range so I can quickly punish missed or in some cases connected hits. I apply presure with attacks that can't be punished, most often bair, but also including needles, fair, and jab.

4. BAER!

bair, It deserves it's own spot if needles do my second most used move. Strong bair is SO GOOD. it moves people to prevent shield grabs decent damage and leads to grabs needles and a slew of other neat follow ups if it does connect. it's strange hit box and high speed make it seem almost disjointed... what a good move...

5. Aerial to Sumthin'

I've been loving aerial to stuff... grab has been geting the most action since it has the highest chance of success (I.E. not being shielded) even at higher percents when people don't bounce.
aerial to needles will often lead to force get up which obviously sets up for upsmash which if nothing else is good damage.
Of course ftilt is obvious.

6. I Don't Dacus

lol.

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
Ok, I'll give this a try.

Name:FrozenFire13
Tag: Zash
Color: Black (Not the most original, but everyone thinks that, so nobody plays it lol. Plus white hair is too sexy)

1. Needle/Vanish Glide start
I almost always start with throwing a needle or vanish gliding if I can, lol. Not AT ALL practical except for a surprise start, but hey, I love it when it works.

2. Chain Jacketing
Maybe others do this, but I don't really see the Chain Jacket edge guard from anybody. I use the Usmash or Fsmash.

3. Grab release DACUS/other combos
I do it religiously, lol.

4. Crawling backwards
I like to bait or momentarily confuse my opponent with some random crawling shinnanigans and go into a dash attack or DACUS for surprise. It's funny everytime it works for some reason.

5. Footstooling
Depending on the opponent, I'll go for the double (sometimes triple) fair off the stage and try to footstool. When the opponent tries jumping to recover, I'll try a double footstool in friendlies for kicks, lol.

Man I love Sheik. She's too fun.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Fighting <3's sheik is too much fun.

Why Not...
Tag: ED!!! Color: Red/Pink

1. Dash Dancing
I do this a lot to remain unpredictable. If I trip, hopefully they aren't nearby lol.

2. High Risk vs. High Reward
During a match, I tend to do a lot of unnecessary things during a match. When they work, they really work. When they don't, it usually ends up severely. I enjoy it though. Like choknater, I am usually always on the offensive except in certain matchups such as the ones he already mentioned. Though I despise camping with needles and such, I'll do it if need be. I'd much rather be constantly moving; moves flowing out like water.

3. Lots of DACUS
I have no problem doing boost smash, and it's turned into one of my most reliable kill moves. I still get a kick out of hitting people with it. I'll even use it to get across the stage quickly, if i know I have a shot at maybe landing a hit.

4. Zelda=Sheik
I can use Zelda just as efficiently as I can use Sheik. I use to be all Zelda until I met G&W in my early tourney experiences and even then the matches were very close. Sometimes I indirectly apply Sheik gameplay into my Zelda (dash dancing, RAR, risk-taking offstage) and it produces well for me.

5. Chain
I have been putting some time into this one. I think my chain work is coming along and I've been using it a lot better. Every now and then I will actually try a jacket or wind jacket to edge guard but I think trying that is too tedious and Sheik already has the tools for gimping well.

I want to try and get more videos up but I need recording equipment.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Tag: I use a lot of tags.
Color: All colors except green

1. Standard Play
Forward tilt leads into utilt/xair. Forward throw can lead into aerials. I can and will emphasize what is known to work, because there is no reason not to.

2. Patience
Gotta love the Midwest. If you want to make it anywhere here, you either need to be extremely **** or at least decently patient.

3. SHFF
I overuse SHFF aerials. It gets me punished at times for being predictable, but it's still strong due to giving a decent defense as well as very good angle of approach.

4. Melee
I really miss Melee. I have tendencies to do Melee-like things in Brawl as a result. They're not really the best idea, though...

5. No Technical
I'm really bad at this "tech skill" thing. You won't ever see me doing those fancy boost usmashes or whatever.

Voyeur

Smash Journeyman
LMAO Voyeur what's wrong with calling Sheik a ninja -_-
If she was called a Ninja officially, then I'd accept that title but she isn't, so I don't like her being called one. Ninjas, Pirates, and Zombies etc. all gain this hype of popularity from ignorant people in society and it defaces the "cool" factor that those things have. She is above a ninja, so she's cooler then that already and doesn't need to be made lame by a title.

Only 4 ninjas will ever get my love and respect; Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo & Raphael

tl;dr: pet peeve

Villi

Smash Lord
Tag: Villi, Vil, Sam, Samma
Color: Pink

1. Lots of ground spacing. I like running, walking, and rolling around. Most of my aerial approaches rise from the ground and space away or else my aerials are anti-air. I don't tend to do many sh fast falls, but a more diverse aerial game is something I feel I need to integrate.

2. Element of surprise. I have a lot of "desperate situation" mix-ups that tend to be surprising with my straight-forward play. Usually, I'm able to go unpunished for them. Some examples would be double jumping into a lagless vanish as an escape. Aerial vanishing after a sh fair. Shoulder hitting with a bair to avoid a grab. Retreating into a reverse chain lock when I've been needle camping. I have my controls changed for boost smashing, but rarely ever use it.

3. Mind games over reaction speed. I enjoy playing fast, aggressive Sheik and I'm pretty good at it, but I tend to get more consistent results playing passive-aggressive mind games and finding various set-ups for ftilt. I feel with time I can combine both styles into a cohesive game-plan.

4. Zelda. I like playing psychic Zelda. She tends to be more twitchy than my Sheik, and it works out since she tends to be able to punish habits Sheik neglects to. I also enjoy being at close range with her because of her wide array of dangerous tricks that can really hurt if you do the wrong thing. Upsmashes, down tilts, dash cross-up bairs, nair to dtilt roll chases. Also a better character to have a stock advantage with.

5. Work in progress. My Sheik is definitely still a work in progress. The better I get with her, the more holes I notice need patching up.

Laughingcoyote

Smash Rookie
If she was called a Ninja officially, then I'd accept that title but she isn't, so I don't like her being called one. Ninjas, Pirates, and Zombies etc. all gain this hype of popularity from ignorant people in society and it defaces the "cool" factor that those things have. She is above a ninja, so she's cooler then that already and doesn't need to be made lame by a title.

Only 4 ninjas will ever get my love and respect; Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo & Raphael

tl;dr: pet peeve
I totally agree with u man. Enough with that ninja crap

sniperworm

Smash Ace
Tag: CLUF
Color: original (I don't change the costume of my characters except for Pikachu)

1. Transform for Kills
I know what you're thinking, lots of players switch to Zelda for kills, but that's not what I'm talking about. When I use Zelda, I sometimes transform into Sheik for kills. Vanish, DACUS, and chainhogging are so different from anything that Zelda has to offer that the sudden shift in playstyle often makes it easy to net an unexpected kill.

2. Vanish
I use vanish religously. Primarily as an edge guard or to defend against predicted approaches, I like to use vanish as an attack. It really seems to disrupt the opponent's flow and leaves them open to other things. I'm still not too good at using that wind effect when you reappear though...

3. Repeated DACUS
I like to DACUS through someone with enough momentum that I end up a decent distance away from the opponent (making it harder to punish). Then depending on their reaction time to the first one, I often turn around and immediately do another one right back into them. It really puts pressure on the opponent because only Sheik can move that quickly around the opponent while throwing out a very powerful attack.

4. Racking damage with kill moves
Don't get me wrong, I like needles and ftilt as much as the next guy, but I'm definitely not afraid to decay my Usmash and vanish if that's what my opponent is leaving themselves open to. I love using Zelda and am not afraid to rely on her for kills, so I take what I can get.

5. Edgeguarding (or lack thereof)
I pretty much never attempt to edge guard offstage with Sheik. Usually I'm too busy charging needles, transforming, or running up to the edge and waiting. I also occasionally do an "empty" edge guard where I just run off and then get back on the stage without actually attacking them. I know this sounds terrible, but it seems to make my vanish glides more effective and I love vanish kills, so it's worth it to me.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Tag: Blist, JD
Colour: Blue, Black

1. I do a lot of things that don't make sense. If someone asks why, I simply raise my eyebrows and nonchanantly reply 'mindgames'.

2. In contrast to my Melee game, I'm extremely patient. If I don't have to approach, I will needle camp. Thankfully, this makes me approximately twice as good in Brawl.

3. I don't use Zelda. If I have a problem matchup with Sheik, I use a secondary. It would probably make my life a lot easier if I did, but I'm a stubborn ****.

4. I do extremely over ambitious edgeguards which usually end with me over exerting myself and SDing.

5. I do a lot of empty shorthops. If someone asks why, I simply raise my eyebrows and nonchanantly reply 'mindgames'.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Tag: Rip
color: melee original

1. I can actually do this combo on people
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXV4uyKMptg

2. I don't bair unless off the stage because I dislike the hit-box on this attack.

3. I do all my damage by grabs and needles, and only use aerialas if I read a jump or dodge

4. I play aggro

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Tag: TW
Color: Green.

1. Copy cat. One of my greatest strengths I think is my ability to copy others and then use their styles in combat. This is most obvious for past choknater and RyokoYaksa style as I'll sometimes begin a match as my flashy self then switch to Ryoko with his careful ftilt ****** with little to no risk play and then suddenly switch to Chokanater and start bair spamming, play extremely fast and more or less play a very aggressive zone game. My personal style has a lot of high risk high reward moves within like dacus and the chain both of which I use often unless in a match up that I'm unable to do so. I also have or I should say I think I have a basic attack patterns for most other sheiks I find respectable all but for Ankoku. ^-^ He's too hard to figure out how he would respond to "X".

2. Nothing is useless. That's my philosophy when it comes to Sheik and because of that I've become sort of a trickster within my normal style. Usually though in tournament/serious play I tone it down a bit but for the most part when I'm playing I'm always testing new ways to use AT's and variations of styles of attack.

3. I never use Zelda, ever. Although my Zelda is just barely decent I will avoid using her at pretty much any cost. Instead I count decay levels of usmash, and wait till the golden 130%-150% that vanish, nair, and side hit usmash can kill. I also at times after I hit someone far away enough I'll dacus in direction away from them and quickly change to Zelda then back to Sheik. It makes 2 stock people possible and although I did miss a chance to gimp they are most likely within % now as it is so an nair or even dsmash will kill or set them up again to be gimp.

4. I take notes. I haven't done this at a tournament I'm very tempted to do so within the future. Whenever I see something I've deemed noteworthy from such things as game and watch dtilt beats below 100% ledge attacks to sheik being able to di out of Meta knight tornado into a strong bair. I write them down immediately after the match ends or in some case while ^-^ (poor online scrubs).

5. I use the chain...a lot. Just like the ftilt the chain is very much so character dependent but within those selective match ups the chain is even more broken then sheik fitlt is. Not much more to say about that besides I use the chain in basically every single one of my matches but marths because of his up B.

edit: 6. I camp near the edge like a prick when I know they have to come to me until I enter killing % then I stay more within the middle of the stage.

studly

Smash Ace
tag: STUD
color: RED

1. i love shiek's ability of pressuring opponents off the ledge... i spent alot of time looking at other characters and their ability to do this and ive found shieks to be my favorite... i devote most of my strategy with her to keeping guessing at how to recover

2. shieks ability to move and change her size also amazes me... i love Spacing back flips and ducks randomly to keep the opponent from ever knowing what position ill be in when he attacks

3. i love to **** with her her sex kicks

4. i actually love catching people with the wierd portion of her back air...

5. I am never zelda unless i select zelda at the start of a match

tag: LEGON
color: BLACK

style:COMBOS
NO ZELDA JUST COMBOS
hey cookie... ur supposed to list five things dog

MaxDeUh

Smash Journeyman
Tag: De Uh
Color: Color depends on controller port, or I just go Black.

1) I spam needles as much as a Fox/Falco spams lasers.

That's all I got. =\

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Haha wow, nice.

Villi... does the Marth on your avatar... have white stuff on his mouth?!

silver0p

Smash Journeyman
Tag:silvr
Color: blue (with the red bandanna thing) or green

1. Rising Attacks- air attacks like pressing jump then like using over A at the same time so you do like rising attacks. this isn't to beneficial but it pretty good meta game.

2. Chain jacket- i usually chain jacket and then just hit them spamingly until they throw a projectile at me. i know this is kinda dumb, but i just do it in friendly's when im not trying to hard to win or lose.

3. Lure- i like to jump away on stages with obstacles and when they jump at me instead of jumping forward i jump back and B air them

4. Rush- i like to rush in attack run out lure like baiting them really

5. DACUS- DACUS when ever i can usaly gets me the kill! whoot whoot

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Tag= KATA (in Melee I liked Roy so I wanted a sword like name. I thought Katanaa was a cool name. However... there was only room for 4 characters.. so I shortened it to KATA.)
Color= Green

1. I am an all out agressive player. I never camp and I love to punish people. My whole game is about tricking the foe into letting me grab them and then getting them to about 20% real quick. From there I Jab cancel/F-Tilt lock/what ever I can do. I will also throw in her chain throw chase (D-Throw) and try to get the people over the ledge. I will keep them away with Bair, Nair, Fair, Needles (if I can) and Vanish.

2. I try and be creative with the following moves: D-Tilt, F-Tilt, Fair, Nair, Bair, Needles, Jabs and Grabs.

I'll try and mix these up into my own little combo every match. I will study an opponents DI and try to intercept with one of the above. ie F-Tilt at high percents. I will either need to use Fair, Nair or Bair.

lol... I play on the fly.

I do have to say that I almost NEVER use the Chain. I can't get the Chain Lock down. :confused: It is like really hard for me. -_-

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Color: Blue
Tag: Xari (if it's a serious match), KRD (if it's a friendly)

1. Spot Dodge D-Smash
I spot dodge D-smash a lot for the sole purpose of hearing everyone complain that I abuse it to much and that I suck at Brawl for it, even though they never seem to think of a way to avoid the D-smash.

2. My odd control scheme when I use the name Xari
I change to my silver controller (if it means unplugging my current one just to plug in my silver one, then I do it anyways) and set L, X, and all of my taunt buttons to attack. I never use them for anything anyways, when I do that, and I still use the A button to DACUS.

3. Not being flashy
I play practical and do only what I need to, with the exception of trying to score a few vanish kills every now and then.

4. Keeping charged needles as my first priority
No matter what the situation is, if my opponent isn't next to me and I don't have charged needles, then I will charge them up, even if I have the opportunity to edgeguard instead (though I'll usually stop charging just in time to go for it).

5. RAR short hop back flipping as my taunt
I just love the way it looks, so that's my way of taunting. If I'm using normal controls, then I'll do this into a side taunt.

6. DACUS
I rarely ever use a normal sliding up smash because I love DACUS too much, even though I'm only mediocre at it. I don't usually use it to score a hit, but as a retreat away from my opponent.

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
It's Loud Roar Tells Me To Grasp Victory!

Tag: EAST
Color: Always Red

-Named after G Gundam [The East Is Burning Red!]
-I also live on the East Coast, I guess that counts too.

1. Needles, Needles, Needles

I'm a needle *****. My philosophy is any time I'm not doing anything, I need to be charging needles. Easy ~18%. I'll often charge needles if my opponent is stationary, but as soon as they start approaching, I throw needles. I'll often continuously throw single needles as they approach to disrupt anything they might be doing or trying to do.

2. Zel-who?

Don't use Zelda. Never did, probably never will. She's just not a character I've ever felt as comfortable to use. Besides, as Sheik I feel that I've got enough tools at my disposal to solidly kill. Sure there are a few advantages to using Zelda [Easier to kill, Unstale moveset] but I think the idea of simply having to transform [which takes forever] coupled with her uncomfortableness to play is much more of a hindrance than it helps.

3. Throw Trixies

I love throw mindgames. My opponent usually figures out that sheik's throws put her out of range of an immediate throw combo, so I use this to my advantage. Empty-jumps, baited air dodges, follow up fair, follow-up uair, Vanish [My favorite, but least often used], or simply walking under them.

4. If you ain't spot-dodge down smashin', you ain't playin R.O.B. Sheik

One of my two seconds is R.O.B. [the other is Falco] R.O.B.'s are notorious for spot-dodge down smashing, and somehow this has carried over to my sheik. I often throw out spontaneous down smashes so that I'm not easily read. Not sure if this works or not, but I'd like to think it does.

5. DAC-ake

I've practiced DACUSing so much, that I don't find it difficult to do anymore. I often look at people in bewilderment, when I hear them say that Sheik's DACUS is hard. I'd like to chock it up to the hours upon hours of training I put in practicing it straight.

6. Bad News Bairs

I have the worst time spacing my back air correctly. I need help. Help me!

7. You'se Guys

Give yourselves a big pat on the back, because I take to heart a lot of what you say, and try my hardest to incorporate it into my game [Even though I still think my theory far exceeds my actual skill]For example, I asked a while back how to punish opponents who abuse spot dodge like an unscrupulous whore. Clowsui told me to throw out jabs, so i do it ever time now [and it works ; D]. Another example, Ankoku corrected me in one of RyokoYakasa's recent videos stating that it is better to vanish and reappear just above the ground because their is less lag [again thanks.]

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
[*]Bad News Bairs

I have the worst time spacing my back air correctly. I need help. Help me!

lol... I also had this problem. Months ago though. Then I took on Wolf. He spaces with Bair really well too, and he is easier (IMO). So just practice with him and when you have his Bair spacing down move onto Sheik and apply what you learned from Wolf.

slickmasterizzy

Smash Apprentice
1. i wont ever chain jacket ever, i know how to do it but it isnt fun to me to exploit bad programming.

2. i love getting the timing down on vanish to punish anyone that has a dair that forces them to go straight down and screws em over (DDD, sonic, GaW)

3. sometimes halfway through a match ill switch to zelda, only to switch up my playstyle. i love zelda as much as i love shiek because by hitting down-b you can instantly completely change your playstyle.

4. im one of the few people who DONT think that dair is useless =p

5. i dont mind losing, in fact i actually probably enjoy losing as much as i do winning. it feels good to win but when you lose you know theres room for improvement. when you lose a few times then start to pick up on someones style and winning it feels EXTRA good =DD

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Tag: LotM
Color: White-ish or whatever it is. The brightest one.

1. Needler
I throw these out whenever possible. I charge in the middle of shorthops and everywhere else that's possible. I throw out single needles out whenever possible to annoy my opponent.

2. Nair approach.
This might not be a good thing, but I love dashing into a Nair. It's just fun, and I do it a lot.

3. DACUS
I'm really good at knowing when to use this. I can pull it off 100% of the time on a good day, and I get double hitters a lot. They punish, rack serious damage, kill scare, devastate, and destroy planets.

4. Tether
I love recovering with tether. I try gimping with it too, but I don't usually pull it off. Need to work on that.

5. Nair gimps
One of my most successful methods of gimping is running off the stage, then using my double jump with a rising Nair. I get a LOT of gimps in this way.

6. Doesn't main Sheik.
Lawl

Ajax615

Smash Apprentice
1.) Pivot Grab Mind Games.
Usually in my tilt combos I'll stop at a set point and run past and pivot grab an enemy. Reminds me of Rock Lees style of play. :)

2.)Zelda is a no go for me.
I never switch to Zelda regardless of what disadvantage I'm in however I'm beginning to think it could be highly useful.

3.)I Never Spam Tilt Lock.
It's a good way to gain damage but it lacks respect for a player and is a highly cheap tactic, I like to show that sheiks have more ability than that. So intead I tilt 2-3 times then grab or go straight to jab cancel.

4.)I Vanish..ALOT
It's my mindgame regardless of what the situation. Ever since i discovered how to cancel out the lag of dissapearing when I touch the ground, it opens up my combo tree :). Vanish Glide is my best friend on Battle Field as well. (try vanish gliding on the platforms and transporting to the other ledges and youll see what i mean lol.)

5.)I base my Sheik off of Rock Lee (sorry)
Gate One: Minimum movements and self defense
Gate Two: Increased Speed and minimum aggressiveness
etc. right now im at 5 but i need to be at Gate Eight. I add personality with my character sorry. haha

Jeet Kune Do

Smash Apprentice
Tag: JKD

1. Speed - I believe in Bruce Lee's tactics of JKD and he is very smart, it's really a way of life rather than a single martial art or play style. I apply this to my Sheik and i find that using her speed is the best thing to do

2. Ownage - i am total ****!! believe it, hehe

Anyway, this thread is erally cool and I'm glad to be here on smashboards, its really cool place I have been lurking for a long time

Incurable_Necrophile

Smash Apprentice
Tag; SHRKV

1 I'm not super agressive.

2 I'm kinda bad at gimping =[ Gettign better though

3 I never DAC

4 I'm can combo/space on super human levels.

5 My name.

Leafplayer452

Smash Journeyman
Tag: LPlya
Color: Blue

The fact that I use the chain but cant use it right, in a result I get punished for doing it (only against decent players that know when to actually DI out of stuff; other than that I use that chain on lower level people fairly well)

Top Bottom