• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Stage do you hate the most?

link1212

Smash Rookie
newpork and jungle level they not only suck but jungle level is infinint and i hate that

kigbariom

Smash Lord
It's gotta be Rumble Falls, you don't even fight, you just try not to be killed by the course. Second worst is New Pork...

Wietse

Smash Rookie
Err 75m I think because you cant go down through the platforms. Also, the SMB stage for the same reason. The craps and shell creepers don't really anoy me cause I see them as weapons and not as obstacles.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
New Pork City, 75m, rumble falls, Hanenbow, spear pillar, and skyworld.

Xona

Smash Apprentice
I never could stand final destination for many reasons:

1.) I use Bowser a lot (he can pretty much never win on fd, yet somehow fd is "perfectly fair", or "the fairest", or one of them. bridge was banned for a reason, size isn't it, it was walk-offs. What happens if Rumble Falls stops moving? You would have a walk-off stage, but it still wouldn't be broken (Big Blue and Rumble Falls were both banned without good reason), the reason is because of platforms. bridge = fd with walk-offs. what's next, Akuma isn't broken, or in M.U.G.E.N Omega Zero isn't broken? (Even Akuma can't win against Omega Zero). Projectile spamming is almost unbeatable against Bowser, Bowser can'
t win.

2.) Dedede and Ice Climbers are virtually invincible here (Ice Climbers because of alternating throws, Dedede only unbeatable by 5 characters, but 5 > 0). Bowser will NEVER beat Ice Climbers, nor will Ganondorf. Dedede CG is considered the reason for 50% of stage bans (forgot one, huh?), Against Dedede your only option is "don't get grabbed", which is unrealistic here, like Utopian society kind of. The Dedede CG is an infinite on 5 characters: DK, Samus, Mario, Luigi, and Bowser.

3.) Totally overplayed, many tourneys only allow it, this stage led to many stage bans for the rediculous reason of "distracting from gameplay" (seriously, this works for anything, Zero Suit Samus could be banned for this reason. I don't think she should, but the arguement works for millions of things, Meta Knight (extremely distracting sword)): The stages are

In Melee; Big Blue, Icicle Mountain, Brinstar Depths (extremely debateable, low-ceiling, close sides as well, loops, Jigglypuff/Purin having gigantic advantage), Peach's Castle, Congo Jungle, Flat Zone and a few others.

In Brawl; Big Blue, Rumble Falls, Spear Pillar (debateable, circle as well although the hazards debateably fix it), wario ware (I hate this stage too, but debateable as if you ask me it's the rewards system), Port Town (not always banned), Summit (supposedly the circle was proven false), Hanenbow (loops, proven interceptable), 75m (debateable, many think walk-off, many think loop, many are scrubby about hazard), New Pork City (Ultimate Chimera, loop)

In other words, if fd was banned or even CP the ban-list would be radically shrinked in both Melee and Brawl, Bowser can't win here, and the Dedede CG still applies (which is why the Dedede CG should be banned before stages). Projectile spamming, there's a gigantic list of reasons for ban and CP. By technical reason, I hate wario ware and bridge more, but the over-rating of this stage makes me hate it just as much or maybe even more than bridge and wario ware.

JCMR-Brawler64

Smash Apprentice
I dont like 75m, Electroplankton, New Pork City (fight with the coward Cpu is annoying) and Spear Pillar when Cresselia appears.

Switch FC
SW 1721 4573 3132
I love Smashville, Battlefield, New Pork City, Temple, Summit, Yoshi's Island Brawl, Halberd, Bridge of Eldin, 75m, and Hanenbow, the others FAIL.

(Best is Final Destination).

RyN

Smash Apprentice
Battlefield and Halberd are tied for me.

Too many platforms on Battlefield for my taste and Halberd has some portions of it that are just ridiculous.

n88

Smash Lord
I can't stand Rumble Falls. It takes too much of the action away from fighting and towards moving up.

wangston

Smash Lord
Sky world!!!!!!!!!!! Why is that a counter pick ugh!!!!!!!!!!!

Out of the neutrals I hate Lylat the most.

DeathNote

Smash Apprentice
Final Destination. Every time I look at it I see Brawl's failure.

Also Skyworld. No edges ftw -_-

It is like an auto lose stage for Olimar.

Akariss

Smash Ace
NNID
Akariss
3DS FC
4785-4779-5306
Hanenbow because Peach has crappy vertical recovery and Rumble Falls because along with surviving on the stage I have to worry about that 1hko spike hazard.

Evil Syndicate

Smash Rookie
I would say skyworld because of no edges to grab onto.
And distant planet just because i dont like it lol.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Battlefield is my least favorite of the neutral stages. And I'm almost on the verge of hating it.
But my least favorite stage out of all of them is Lylat Cruise

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Hanenbow and big blue are the overwhelming winners in my book. Hardest to fight in. You might as well just pick hanenbow to make chingly noises or big blue to make yourself dizzy while you do loops.

Veggi

Smash Champion
Sky World, all the music is bad and it still manages to completely be unfair and not fun to play on despite being a stage with no hazards. It's also my least favorite character's home stage, go figure.

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
UK, England (We got Brawl late. Get over it.)
Sky World, all the music is bad and it still manages to completely be unfair and not fun to play on despite being a stage with no hazards. It's also my least favorite character's home stage, go figure.
I can't say that the stage is one of my personal favourites, admittedly, but the music for the stage was indefinitely not bad. It was a remix of the 'Kid Icarus' game's tunes, and were good ones at that.

chandy

Smash Journeyman
Hanenbow and Mario Bros. Hanenbow is sooooooo random... Mario bros isn't even brawl...

zrky

Smash Lol'd
rainbow cruise, final destination(DON"T KILL ME), rumble falls, and mushrumy kingdom

Top Bottom