• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What stage do you NEVER/least play on?

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
I'd definately say Hanenbow. Though imaginative, it lacks a base battleground which is the core of a place to fight on. Also, bad for Machinimas because of its 2D effect. Same as Flatzone 2.

TaZ96

Smash Rookie
Hanenbow and 75m. They are just uncalled for. When I learned about 75m, I was like, "This is gonna be cool". Then I tried it,picked up an umbrella,got hit by a fireball, and immediately turned my Wii off.

Albino Ace

Smash Rookie
75M? I try to avoid the fireballs and bouncy springs.
Mario Bros? Crabs are evil, but manageable.

Spear Pillar? Stupid reversed controls and mirrored images messing with my head!

Yea, Spear Pillar takes the cake for my least played.

ru5514n

Smash Ace
I absolutely despise Spear Pillar. Too much hazards, and too much stage elements that can totally screw you over (like the reversed controls), to be enjoyable. Hanenbow is a close second for me.

Jagejamesh

Smash Rookie
Big Blue Big Blue Big Blue.

It's so annoying having to constantly pay attention to if you're landing on road, or in a tiny invisible crack between the cars, or one of those platforms about to fly away, and and and.

I absolutely love Temple with friends, mostly because it's a nice big stage and we're not idiots about constantly avoiding each other on it and abusing projectiles.

TheMike

Smash Lord
I just play at Starters and Counters stages. So, i migh say the one that i least play among them, which is Green Greens =0

I just played at the Banned ones when i got Brawl.

0^2

Smash Cadet
Mario Bros. hands down. (Koopas, crabs, etc.)

Worst stage in the game. If you can press A you can beat practically anyone there.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
^^ You mean Hanenbow.

That stage's music can't be changed or the game will freeze. Not like it means much with the tone deaf fish playing notes constantly.

pickle962

Smash Lord
75m,(I hate that stage in everyway possible.) Melee stages,(I'm too lazy to play on any of them.) Hanenbow,( I think it's the dumbest stage ever.) and my custom stages.( Again, I'm too lazy to play on any of them.) those are stages I NEVER/hardly play on.

metaknave

Smash Apprentice
75m, NPC, and Mario Bros. are all very bad stages that should have never been made. I don't mind Hanenbow or Temple. Spear Pillar is only bad if Palkia is in the background. Dialga and Crescellia are tolerable.

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
75m, Mario Bros, Temple, Hanenbow, and Flat Zone. I'm fine with New Pork City and I actually like playing at Spear Pillar.

Hyal

Smash Cadet
Umm, I hardly play in Flat Zone. It's just... too much for me e.e And since my main is a little bit light... it doesn't help too much. Also, I almost don't use Skyworld.

Those plataforms...

Chuckles_KSU

Smash Apprentice
Tournament legal, Frigate Orpheon. Stage seems to always flip at the worst times, and that right ride not having a grabable ledge spells doom for my Ivysaur. :/

Not legal, definitely Hanenbow. I don't mind the stage layout, the tilting platforms, or any of that... The stage itself just kinda creeps me out... Think it's the lack of music and the psychadelic nature of it all. :o

DeltaV

Smash Rookie
Somehow, i really HATE Brinstar, but like Norfair...I think its because the 3rd/4rd time the acid comes up, there is only 1 platform that doesnt get hit by the corrosive fluids...At norfair there is more fighting room, more room to dodge the dangers...
mario bros and 75M are also some of mai fav non-fav stages:
mario bros spawns non-exploding bob-ombs(i seriously HATE those turds and crabs...)
75M has small platforms and annoying dangers.

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
For some reason, I absolutely HATE Flat Zone 2.
Also, Hanenbow. I'm not sure why, possibly for the same reasons as stated by Chuckle.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
Compliling a not-so-big list of what has been voted. I had planned to go all 14 pages (i do 40 posts per page, not the forum default), but it got extremely boring.

ANYWAY, this tally is recorded up to post 160, and I had left out votes that were not clear, so it's a good rough estimate.

58 - New Pork City
53 - 75m
34 - Hanenbow
29 - Mario Bros.
24 - Rumble Falls
15 - Mushroomy Kingdom
13 - Brinstar
12 - Rainbow Cruise
10 - Skyworld
9 - Big Blue
9 - Flat Zone 2
8 - Green Greens
8 - Jungle Japes
8 - Temple
7 - Yoshi's Island (Melee)
7 - Mario Circuit
7 - Warioware Inc.
7 - Spear Pillar
7 - Onett
6 - Port Town Aero Dive
5 - Pokemon Stadium 1
4 - Pokemon Stadium 2
4 - Summit
3 - Lylat Cruise
3 - Corneria
3 - Shadow Moses Island
3 - Green Hill Zone
3 - Norfair
2 - Frigate Orpheon
2 - Halberd
2 - Delfino Plaza
2 - Distant Planet
2 - Pictochat
1 - Bridge of Eldin
1 - Pirate Ship
1 - Smashville

Staggering Results eh?

Stages I don't play on a lot.
Mushroomy Kingdom, Pirate Ship, Port Town Aero Dive, castle Siege, green greens

Stage I don't Like to play (with reason)
Mario Circuit - walk off's, doesn't feel like a stage.

Rumble Falls - I like this more than mario circuit actually, I'm okay with fighting on the go, but again whenever it speeds up you tend to be more concerned about not falling behind.

Bridge of Eldin - walk off's, Large and is nothing more than a big platform, it's a cool idea for a fighting ground, myabe if it was so **** big.

Distant Planet - Weirdest layout for a fighting ground, a walk off on one side and a small platform in the middle.

Luigi's Mansion - I like to jump around, having a tiny roof ain't cool

New Pork City - When I first played this game it was with 3 other people with items, i was cool with this until i started playing more competitively.

Summit - Floating scene = boring, layout ain't that cool, no ledges, everyone slides except for IC, and there's very no escape from the fish for heavyweights.

Green hill zone - i never liked sonic that much. walk-off's and those pinwheel hazrds warp the playstyle of the map.

Temple - With many people, big maps with MANY different paths to get above or underground was cool, 1v1 wise, no.

Yoshi's Island Melee - walk off one side, falling another, just strange to me.

Onett - Although there's walk-off's, the way houses are put near the edges kinda bring you towards the center is what makes it work for me, similar to FD where everytihng is central. However random vehicles hit you even though you're not on the road.

big Blue - only sonic can keep up on the road, sadly cf can't keep up even with bunny hood. But it's not that i dont like it for that reason, it's because if someone hits you with something of small knock back but enough htistun u get pushed onto the road and die. a good example is G&W or jigglypuff's dsmash, send you right onto the road.

brinstar - i forget about this stage often, it's cool actualy, looks like a normal stage at the very least so i dont mind the rising lava too much. What I REALLY don't like is he tumour-like joint that holds the stage together, you can't walk across without struggling or hopping.

to solve some of the issues to make certain stages playable, Freeze Them with Level Freezer. I've frozen several stages making them more playable, as it becomes a plain motionless platform with zero hazards. Here is some possible outcomes, though I currently only have corneria, pictochat and poke 2 frozen.

-Bridge of Eldin (Basically FD with walk-off's)
-Delfino Plaza (plays like Battlefield, but I recently unfroze this)
-Norfair (I recently unfroze it)
-Frigate Orpheon (I never froze this stage)
-Pokemon Stadium 2 (no floatiness, treadmills or sliding on ice)
-Spear Pillar (Double Platform with no random hazards)
-Port Town Aero Dive (A platform with no Ledges)
-Castle Siege (Castle Top only)
-Halberd (fighting on the ground only, no platform or deck)
-Warioware (plays like a neutral)
-Pictochat (absolute neutral, i encourage many people to do this too)
-Shadow Moses (plays like normal, except walls won't respawn now), making a Bridge of Eldin with platforms.
-Jungle Japes (No KlapTraps, and rushing water animation, however you'll still be pushed by water)
-Rumble Falls (The main ground with many platforms)
-Rainbow Cruise (Fighting only takes place on the ship)
-Corneria (No Arwing and Star Fox Lasers)
-Green Greens (No block spawning after the match starts, i recently unfroze this)
-Big Blue (unsure never tried, but my guess is that the ships stop and you can actually fight on the road, be a REAL street fighter lol)
-Brinstar (unsure, never tried, but I guess breaking the joints won't heal itself nor will the lava rise)
-Pokemon Stadium 1 (No activity, I unfroze this recently)
-Luigi's Mansion (once the house is broken i don't think the house will respawn, that or just get the deadlands mansion code)

ShoutingRyan

Smash Rookie
My least favorite would be... rumble falls.
It is turned off in stage select. No exceptions.

Lord Thunder

Smash Rookie
Mushroomy Kingdom comes to mind first, along with Rumble Falls. I usually hate the stages that move.

I think NPC was the first stage I played on when I got Brawl. The match with my friend took forever cause the stage is so freakin big!

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
Flat Zone 2. Because it has the worst blast zones ever and sometimes, I don't know if something will hit me.

Top Bottom