• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what the hell is this

Fox128

Smash Journeyman
So a friend of mine found this like 2 years ago, I have no idea how it works, appearently it's another BF thing.
While I don't think there is a consistent way to do this, I'd still like to know how such a thing can work at all. I don't know of any mechenics in the game's programming that rly explain this, look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj6li1rgNs0

After 12 years there are still things found that are a mystery to me, wtf.

Starkiller2

Smash Cadet
Hey, Captain Falcon can do something like this on BF too.
I can't find the thread or YouTube video, but he instantly grabs the ledge right after going up. The vid had a lot of explanation, but it's all to do with the weird BF edge and the characters' grab box thingy.

dRevan64

Smash Journeyman
battlefield makes no sense
this is probably like 1/360 degrees on the stick can get this sweetspot or something absurd

SAUS

Smash Ace
If you look at the battlefield edge, it is slanted (I mean the actual collision box, not just what you see while playing). My guess is that with some weird-ass angle, you get pushed downward along this derpy slanted 'wall' and so you can grab the edge (similar to how you would if you up-b downwards at it).

That's just my guess though. I have nothing to prove it and I cannot guarantee that it's the answer.

Top Bottom