• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What the...?

Mr. Game and Pichu

Smash Journeyman
I was playing today, and I exploded a Smart Bomb near a Smash Ball, but it got in it, and the Smash Ball vanished! Has this ever happened to you? It's happened 6 times :(.

pirkid

Smash Lord
The Smart Bomb blew up the Smash Ball?

Do a barrel roll.

(That's never happened to me, I get it when my items hit the SB. I don't think I've tried it with a Smart Bomb though, but maybe the Bomb is powerful enough to send the SB out of the stage.)

Jimtopia

Smash Apprentice
The smart bomb has gotten me a smash ball before, but never made one vanish.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
the smash ball vanishes after a while so maybe it vanished before it got hit and you didn't realize

WarxePB

Smash Ace
Gah, beaten to "Do a barrel roll".

It's probably just a random glitch. The Smart Bomb isn't exactly the most glitch-proof item, so it's not that surprising.

Nybb

Smash Journeyman
Try a somersault!

lol, but really...replicate it in training mode so that no other factors interfere? If you can, that would be really wierd...although I guess you could just, you know, not throw Smart Bombs at Smash Balls.

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
six times? thats strange... maybe its a glitch, but I do know that the smash ball will disappear after awhile if no one breaks it so maybe its just a humungous coinsidance (zomg sp??) that it disappeared when you hit it with the smart bomb?

Mr. Game and Pichu

Smash Journeyman
No. There was a smash ball. I threw a smart bomb at it. the smash ball was in the middle of the explosion and disapeared (it didn't fly away, that only happens if no one attacked it for a while). I will try to get a good video of it. It really is true.

Cheezball

Smash Ace
This happens to me all the time. It isn't a glitch. It has its own disappearing animation. The SB turns into a flash of light and then disappears.

Top Bottom