• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What to do on the ledge?

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Whenever I am on the ledge and get back on the stage, I always get knocked off the stage again. Do you guys have any creative/defensive ideas off the ledge that isn't "don't get hit"?

Flagelants

Smash Rookie
Whenever I am on the ledge and get back on the stage, I always get knocked off the stage again. Do you guys have any creative/defensive ideas off the ledge that isn't "don't get hit"?
Well, i have the exactly same problem, because after you have used diddys B-up attack you can't control diddy, you can only swallow a bit to the right or to the left.

What im trying to do is to grab the edge (i hope i used the right word), and if my opponent is edge gurading, i blow him away from there, or land on the stage.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I have an easy time as diddy, after using sheik I have practice with bad getting-back-from-the-ledge abilities. Okay, in general theres the basic stuff: Press Y to jump high from the edge, press R to roll from the edge, press A to attack from the edge, press towards the edge to just get back from the edge the same distance as pressing A, and drop down and immediately jump up from the edge so you have a short aerial jump and can control where you are (may take practice.) With diddy you can drop down, immediately jump and side b monkey flip onto the stage and kick, or you can stall with the up b barrels once or twice to fake your opponent out and then do any of the other options.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
mixup roll, up, and ledgehopped fair. ledgehopping fair is very effective and even if he expects it you can space out and land again on the edge. but in the end its all mindgames, son

Pasqual

Smash Journeyman
Can you B-reverse pulling out a banana? Because ledge drop jump to reverse banana toss would be sexy.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Can you B-reverse pulling out a banana? Because ledge drop jump to reverse banana toss would be sexy.
You can do an automatic wall jump-- see alphazealot's thread on it in the diddy boards i guess, to banana toss.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Oh, I kept trying to short hop exactly from the ledge. I never dropped down before.

So drop down short hop Fair and Monkey Flip/Kick are viable?

IDK

Smash Lord
or just forward b away, jump back and banana pull out. ledgehop airdodge is good because you can roll after or not depending on what the opponent does. its like shad rolling or just shadding.

Wafflekingz

Smash Cadet
Another way to give yourself some breathing room is to drop down as if u were about to short hop into an f air or something but instead use the monkey hop but use it away from the stage. Then short hop toward the stage as u use your down b to pull out a banana. Practice a bit and u can get it to land on the stage, as you are falling down use your up b, angle it to the legde and grab back on. This may give you some room to get back up.

Also if your opponent does not grab the banana once u are back on the ledge u can drop down short hop up and air dodge and grab the banana and then hang back on the ledge. Now u have a banana in your hand which you can throw at your opponent while you get back on. I've been doing this occasionally after I saw it in a video it works great.

saberhof

Smash Master
- Up b edge stall >jump> attack
- Side b stall > Jump > attack
- Walljump> Side b kung fu kick
- Wall jump> Side b to grab edge> jump> Attack
- Up B edge stall> let go> jump> side b to grab edge> up b stall> jump > attack
- Walljump > Banana pull > side b kung fu kick onto on stage

etc.....etc......etc.....etc.....

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Can somebody help me with the wall jump banana thing? Or is it that I cant do it because its FD.
>__>

Top Bottom