• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What to do when bored of Ganondorf?

Clocked

Smash Apprentice
Okay, heresy, I know, I know.

Most of the time, I ****ing love playing Ganondorf. Stomping people, Wavelanding like a G, all that good ****. I always get bored of it after a while, though. It gets a little repetitive. Whenever that happens, I just put down Ganon for a few days, or a week, and focus on a secondary.

Is this a feeling any of you guys have? What do you do to deal with it?

Xtra_Crispy

Smash Cadet
I can understand wanting something new just make sure to not drop the Dorf completely or your movement will go. Just throw in a little tech practice here and there to keep your wavelands sharp and don't let it be *too* long. Honestly imo it's good to learn matchups as other characters too, especially the top tiers.

As far as getting bored, I always try to experiment in my combo game to liven it up. Neutral kind of always will be what it is, but going for flashier/ more difficult/ tighter combo strings are where you get to screw around and really have fun (especially since ganon hits like a ****ing truck)

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Nothing wrong with a secondary, most top players either dual main or have a secondary that they can also play at top level.

Top tiers compliment Ganon well, with sheik/marth being slightly less drastic of a transition (at least they are still zoning type characters). If you want to pick up marth learn the sheik matchup. If you want to pick up sheik learn the puff matchup.

GuySensei

Smash Rookie
NNID
Guy
3DS FC
1349-6208-4229
Usually when I get bored/can't win with Dorf I usually go with Marth. Spacing/zoning type characters really. Falcon though? I'm not a fan of using Falcon so I just use Dr. Mario or Ness, two of my favorites. I wouldn't recommend that though...that's just me.

Last edited:

NickNasty

Smash Cadet
I just practice impractical things with Falco or just waveland/moonwalk around the stage for a half hour when I'm bored to keep movement fresh.

Poopmaster

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3153-4588-8224
lf you're getting bored, than yeah it might be a good idea to pick up a secondary and just play the game for fun.
l dual main Luigi and Ganon so if l get bored, l'll just practice the other character.

Top Bottom