• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What type of Smasher are You?

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I do not plan to quit this game until R.O.B. is seen as top character. He needs respect, and my plan is to help him earn it.
<beep3

LordAizen

Smash Journeyman
I'm definately competive. Whenever I play a game I always strive to be really good at it. it sucks because I chose to be competitive in Melee and Brawl overshadows it and even though I play Brawl I'm not that competitive in it and I rarely play it nowadays.

darealkillax

Smash Rookie
im the guy that wants to play 1v1 on final destination without items..
slowly adapting to items.. they turn the whole tide of battle which aggravates me.
-end transmission from mars

GeoBound

Smash Rookie
Eh, I guess I can say I'm casual, but really determined, I still suck ******** at Brawl though, sorta. I guess Melee is more of my game. XD

Joaco

Triforce of Wisdom
NNID
JoacoRyu8
I fit better in the competitive player tag :p I enjoy a lot playing smash but I try to improve every time I play, and play 1vs1 without items :p

King of Brawl

Smash Rookie
I'm some kind of inhumane breed of Casual/Competitive/Hardcore. Those three really hit the spot, because the whole reason I joined was to get better in terms of defense. Also, Casual because playing Brawl- or vBrawl with Omega Falcon is just TOO fun to stop.
Hardcore in the sense that I'll probably have this game until I die, just like DKC. Nice thing you have here, I enjoyed it.

Selentine

Smash Rookie
Well, when it comes down to it, I rely more on mixups. I'm also a great punisher, but overall I'm the defensive smasher. Characters with defense in mind (bar MK) suit my tastes, characters like Samus for instance. I mostly favor the low/mid tier chars. over the high/top ones, but that's just me. :ohwell: I get more of a feeling of accomplishment when I use a low tier character.

Beif

Smash Rookie
I'm thinking competitive. I definitely want to get better, but I'm not particularly interested in tournaments and whatnot.

Cynical Penguin

Smash Rookie
I'm a more Casual/Hardcore kind, Casual I'm not going to get anything out of the win I'll just fool around a bit. I'm Hardcore in if I'm in-it-to-win-it then I will wreck any Character who stands in my way.

Dopl-G

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, I find myself Casuall, and competative, I can take the time to teach and show people the game of smash brothers, and will play free for alls with them, and on the other side i can be very competative aswell, a sort of "Cocky" player if you will, although I concider myself pretty shy in most cases, confidance is pretty important in a competative inviroment.

That is probably a key word to discribe my playstyle. "confidant". where I a can make daredevil rushdown and slightly charged smashes to throw the opponent off thier game. Picking Olimar and Wario from the start and the Euro launch, I developed my quote on quote "combos" with practice and sticking to the characters I loved the most.

Muffin Man

Smash Rookie
Definitely casual. I met a guy who was pretty competitive (he'd been to tournaments before) and he completely owned me, along with two of my friends (all three of us against him at the same time). We were utterly helpless against him. It was sad.

On the bright side, I did the most damage out of all of my friends. Not that that's saying much.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
doing the most damage can be good though - anyways, yeah I am an ex-retired competitive smasher who made a return debut at DNA Gaming Worcester tournament last month. I got completely destroyed by KoolAid, one of the best Diddy Kongs in the area. I made it to 17th, which is eh, ok, considering it had been 2 years since I last steeped foot into a tourney. I am an underground smasher, trying to work his way up to the big leagues.. playing with the big boys is tough, but I don't think it's impossible... I am GTZ nice to meet everyone

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Pretty **** competitive I guess.

I mean when lots of people here used to play.

I'd spend lots of time in training mode back in the day practicing SHFFL'd aerials on shielding characters, needle canceled aerials, platform dashing etc.

With regards how I play I guess I'm pretty aggressive, I'm not afraid to challenge people in risky situations either.

Even when I play it every one in a while I try really hard to win and not make mistakes.

cardboard_mcguyver

Smash Rookie
I consider myself a casual smasher. I play with some of the best in Catfish, who themselves are Competitive, and will definitely tell you so. Could there be a "Smash Amateur" category? Someone who does it for the love of the game, not really in it for the competition or to get better (while at the same time getting better everyday). If so, that's me, and probably everyone else that doesn't consider themselves 1337 or Expert or whatnot.

My own personal play-style consists mainly of running into your face as often as I get the chance, taking what hits I can get and turning them into whatever combos I can pull off. I know most of Pika's combos by now, but I'm not super perfect at them quite yet. Still learning.

SSSnake

Smash Journeyman
competitive. im certainly not the best, but melee is very fun and i hope to one day become a pro player.

VembersWind

Smash Rookie
it really depends on the character
link: use a good balance of projectiles and sword attacks
mario and capt falcon: hit them into the air and aerial combo them
sonic: overwhelm them with speed
ike: rely on big, slow attacks
fox: dodge until the right time to strike, then combo them
those are pretty much all the characters i'm good with. but overall, i'm a pretty offensive, hardcore smasher.

Mr. Jiggles

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty new to the site when it comes to posting comments and such, but I consider myself a pretty competitive smash player. I've been to some minor tournaments and done fairly ok. Especially for using Jigglypuff as my main all of the time. I've put together a pretty solid group of smashers over here in Glendale Arizona. We usually get together about once or twice a week to get better and better. Although we are all competitive smashers there is always a friendly feeling to it (even if we all lose every now and then). so if anyone wants to practice online let me know, I'm always down to play.

MasterOfGalaxies

Smash Apprentice
I'm competitive/hardcore, and can own all my friends who aren more casual. However, I have two close friends who are also really competitive/hardcore and they are exactly my skill level, so we get together and play Bralw or Melee for 8 hours straight and come out with like 450 kills each- dead even. It's somewhat frustrating that I can't get the edge over them, but we always have a lot of fun, and that's what's really important. =)

Top Bottom