• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What was the highest stakes money match in melee history?

SheerMadness

Smash Master
These kids are talking about doing a $500 money match on the ssb64 forums. I give it about a .001% chance of happening, BUT it got me wondering what the highest stakes money match in smash history was (that the smash community has witnessed)?

So what's the biggest money match you've witnessed or heard about?

I've never seen above a $100 money match and I've been playing competitive smash for 6+ years. I don't go to national tourneys though so that's probably where the highest stakes ones have happened.

Zodiac

Smash Master
t1mmy and t0mmy once did a $100 money match to see which of their mains was better, pichu or kirby.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
there was one i heard about involving kdj.

i forget the amount but it was over $100

To my understanding it was called off by the challenger's parents lol

:phone:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
there was neighborhoodP vs shroomed. $65 or something? haha not super amazing, but very large for melee MM standards.

man. shoutouts to mvc players. even madden players. guys ever hear about madden MM's? thousands bruh.

The Star King

Smash Hero
LOL. Did you seriously make a thread just because of that conversation?

It would be funny if Smash64 is the game with the highest amount MM. Especially since it's between two probably not-so-good players. notwhatiwasexpecing.jpg

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
someone probably posted it already, but i remember a money match that was marth v sheik, and the sheik player lost because he did a bAir instead of a fAir

or something like that

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Shoutouts to the MvC community for making us all look like b****es.

get at the 50K moneymatch.

Ministry

Smash Ace
someone probably posted it already, but i remember a money match that was marth v sheik, and the sheik player lost because he did a bAir instead of a fAir

or something like that
oh not because he made bad decisions throughout the entire match. It was the one bair that lost him the match.

Bones0

Smash Legend
How legit is this 50K MM? It doesn't even seem possible. Two players happening to have 50k they can bet on the outcome? It's absurd, and borderline risky because the other guy could just not pay, and then you look like an idiot.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
How legit is this 50K MM? It doesn't even seem possible. Two players happening to have 50k they can bet on the outcome? It's absurd, and borderline risky because the other guy could just not pay, and then you look like an idiot.
You have to give the money to an official.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
IIRC heres the outline of the story:

Two players (Fanatic and...someone) really hated each other and were actually going to do a big MM with a few thousand dollars (i wanna say they were each putting up $2,000 each but i might be wrong)

It then escalated into each players respective region backing them, and so the total sum of money went up to a few 10's of thousands, and then there were hundreds of sidebets from various people on either player escalating to over $50k on this match. Give me a minute to find the video

edit: here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7NHjrp8XME

the full video is in 6 parts on youtube and is about an hour long. You'll have to watch it for specific details on money totals cuz my memory is probably off

Walt

Smash Ace
there was neighborhoodP vs scar for $300 that never happened.

at genesis 2 shroomed and s2j vs kage fuzzyness for $100 per team.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
They are MvC2 players not smashers.

Battlecow

Play to Win
LOL. Did you seriously make a thread just because of that conversation?

It would be funny if Smash64 is the game with the highest amount MM. Especially since it's between two probably not-so-good players. notwhatiwasexpecing.jpg
two probably not-so-good players
probably not-so-good players
not-so-good
>________>

I'm gonna assume that you meant ONE not-so-good player and one well-respected and very legit Midwestern falcon main.

Yeah I check the melee boards

And this acolyte guy (who I hope doesn't check the melee boards) is kinda crazy, and neither of us is confirmed for the tourney we're supposed to do it at, so IDK if it'll go through, but I have a feeling that it will happen at some point.

Mooo

Smash Apprentice
me and my brother had one, and he owed me like 370 dollars so i said he'd just have to pay me 200 dollars if he wins and has to pay me 370 within the next 2 weeks if he looses.

he lost and didn't have money for his gas for two weeks, ended up always taking my car and wasting like 100 dollar of my gasmoney.

**** him

Dimitris

Smash Ace
there was neighborhoodP vs shroomed. $65 or something? haha not super amazing, but very large for melee MM standards.

man. shoutouts to mvc players. even madden players. guys ever hear about madden MM's? thousands bruh.
MikeHAZE vs the crowd at that MM was pretty sweet too. :)

Does neighborhood P still play?

D

Deleted member

the most hype MM i remember was when hugs almost lost his name. i don't remember the specifics though, so someone get him to post the story here?

Silk

Smash Apprentice
Damn, Smash players must be poor in comparison, 25k money match? Nuckin' futs.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I once put my virginity on the line for a money match. Worth over $100K

Bing

Smash Master
yeah that Samus vs. Marth/Fox one was pretty intense... match itself wasnt too great, kind of one sided...

btw the highest stake match though... Scar vs. Bob$ in the Bobby match.

Top Bottom