• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what was your first console?

drcossack

Smash Ace
Oh man, snes had some killer games. DKC was love. I made it to the snow level, and then I got my mom to help finish. xD

I love that game. So much. 7_7
I was playing DKC from the start again last month and I was amazed that I actually managed to get through it when I was 8. Those were the days, when games were actually difficult, and there was no GameFAQs back then.

When I was like 4, I kept stealing my sisters sega out of her room, learned to hook it up, and than would play Sonic!
roflmao. My first was NES. I don't remember much of it before I was 3. I was able to read around that time, and while I couldn't play very well (my parents did most of the work), I'd be in there and read with them. I don't remember much beyond that, but I do remember that I had my mom beat Ganon in the original Zelda. I can't imagine a 3 year old taking on an invisible Ganon that moves around the room shooting fireballs at him/her.

Console list - don't remember when I got Sega stuff or the pre-3rd Gen handhelds:

NES
SNES
GameBoy
Genesis
GameGear
Sega CD & 32x
N64
Game Boy Color/Pocket
PSX
Gamecube
PS2
GBA/GBA SP
DS
Wii - as long as I have room for VC games (If I can find one, I may even get a 2nd one just for those), I'll be happy with this for a LONG time. I really don't plan on buying another system, since I have more interest in classic games than I do modern ones.

wangston

Smash Lord
Mine was the SNES and I had Super Mario world for it. Those were the days. I had played the NES before then but the one i owned was the snes.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Consoles:
Genesis and NES.

Games:
Sonic 1, 2, and 3
Kirby's Adventure
Super Mario Bros. 1 and 3.

Handheld:
GBA. (Also my only handheld system :p)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I also had an old school gameboy...They HUGE ones. Complete with Tetris, of course.

...We still had these old school systems while my neighbors (This IS years later) had a Super Nintendo.

I liked coming over to their house and playing Super Mario World, Mario Paint, even Aladdin. Eventually, they got the best game EVER...Donkey Kong Country 2!

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I started with the NES until I was about 5, when my mom bought me an SNES. Then I moved up just like everyone else, but I still to the day play my SNES. (unfortunately my NES broke, but I play some ROMS from time to time)

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I feel bad for people who didn't start off from the SNES, they really missed out on so much of what was lost when games became 3-D exclusive. Not to say the N64 wasn't amazing, it just wasn't enough to take the SNES out of my heart. Not even close, to be honest, SNES is still my favorite system.

Zeruda

Smash Cadet
I got a used Atari on the same day I got my NES, so you could say those two were my first. I have to agree that those who came into video gaming post-2D era really missed out. Thank goodness for ROMs and Virtual Console, yeah?

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I never liked any of the Sega consoles, I didn't like any Sonic games really and that cancelled out the need for any of those systems anyway. The only thing that was fun was that my cousin had a dreamcast with House of the Dead 2, which including the two guns he had, was FUN.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Mine was the NES. I got it when I was about 5 or 6 years old, and I still have it.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I got a used Atari on the same day I got my NES, so you could say those two were my first. I have to agree that those who came into video gaming post-2D era really missed out. Thank goodness for ROMs and Virtual Console, yeah?
Thank goodness for buying the original consoles and games off of eBay or searching for them at Goodwill.

My friend got 90% of his consoles and games, which he has a LOT of (for instance, he has 60+ Genesis games and he didn't get the Sega Genesis when it came out), from Goodwill. The other 10% are ones he really wanted and so he bought them off of eBay. It's thanks to him I got an SNES, a model 1 Sega Genesis, a Sega Game Gear, and an NES. He's also found a Dreamcast, Master System, and Saturn that he's going to sell to me at some point in time.

Getting the original console >>>>> any other method of playing old games.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
I started with the NES with the SMB/Duck Hunt package. The perfect starting point.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sega Genesis, which is still my most perfect console ever.
Next is the Game Boy Color(the regulars were hand-me-downs)
Then the Nintendo 64, in all its glory.
My GBC broke, so, well, take a guess.
Same happened to my N64.
I bought an old Playstation with FFVIII for about 20 with some genesis games. It eventually got stolen(with the memory card AND Marvel VS Capcom)
I got a GBA.
Then a GameCube.
Slim PS2 for the win.
My GCN fourth controller slot stopped working, so I had to buy a new one.(I gave the old one to my bro)
My sister bought the DS at shopko.
Next came the GBA SP.
Then the Wii, boy did that take a long time to get.
All hail the 360 elite. It is that awesome.
I finally bought a Super Nintendo.
Last, but not least, is the sweet Playstation Portable. It's very fun.

Electric Eel

Smash Cadet
My first system was the Sega Genesis, played Golden Axe forever on that.

The first one I owned was a gameboy colour.

Geist

Smash Master
geeeeze.... I first played the SNES when I was 4. The first game I played was Super Mario World, which was first released the day I was born.
It was also the first game I ever beat.

Donut!

Smash Apprentice
First system: NES

My dad bought it for me for my zero'th birthday, I got baby pictures of me with a controller in my hand sitting next to a R.O.B. Yeah he bought a R.O.B. too.

Good times.

Top Bottom