• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What was your first post?

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Link to original post: What was your first post?

Today, I was looking through the PC, and remember my first post was here. So, I looked it up, and laughed at what I found.

Zook said:
o.k., this is my first post, but here it goes...

1. for that master foot guy... DARK HAS BEEN A PHYSICAL MOVE SENSE JOHTO!

2. why is every one so upset that there's going to be more pokemon? what, your T rated rpgs don't have enough characters?

3. yes, i agree that baby pokemon are weak, BUT THEY LEARN POWERFUL MOVES THERE EVOLVED FORMS CAN NEVER LEARN! THEY ARE NOT COMPLETELY USELESS!

well, that blew off some steam...
It's hard to believe that now I moderate that very forum. I've matured so much while on this site, it startles me.

You can check out that post/thread here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=980678#post980678

What was everyone else's first post?

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I've come to Smashboards a couple of times to look at the character guides and stuff, and decided it was time for me to start posting here. ^^

I own all three Smash Bros. games, and I love all three. I like to think I was pretty good at them, but there's always someone better. xD
But now I'm trying to get better in Brawl and I came here because I knew there were many good people here, and I want to practice against you all and get to know some of the better Smash Bros. Players.

I hope I get a chance to meet you all. Thank you. :]

Never. EVER thought I'd be a moderator on anything.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
'ello. The name's Noobicidal, or one who kills noobs. I'm quite partial to Marth and Jigglypuff. I'm a fan of black metal, coding, and apparently, the Super Smash Bros. series. I'm an analytical, cynical, and skeptical guy. I lack a decent internet connection (a ping of 1600 LOL), but hopefully in the next month or so I *might* be able to upgrade to a decent DSL connection, so no Brawls yet. I'm looking forward to being a member of this board and hopefully, fighting some of you fine folks one day.
Lol @ marf

As for my first ACTUAL post

You could always try your luck with the Coin Launcher, or you could up the ante and make one of those EPIC Wavebird 4-receiver Yoshi CD Factories.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
I started with SSB64.
And I remember picking up Link, since he had a sword..
But I eventually switched to Mario. And it happened that he changed too much (for me, at least) in Melee. Which made me use that 'effeminated Prince'. That I absolutely love to play with now, in Brawl.
I might be the most boring member of SWF so far. :urg:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Have you considered the possibility that you could be wearing a Franklin Badge? Those would reflect projectiles in general along with this case you had with Samus.
Seems like an open an close. :)
It wasn't that long ago, so I remember succinctly trying to sound like I knew something.

@ Air. :laugh:

Browny

Smash Hater
Hmmmm, in the first tier discussion thread (was not official at the time i think)
long time lurker, first time poster, but this just HAD to be said
Sonic, in my opinion has nothing. I have been playing melee 2 years competitively (2 years ago = first tournament) and have come up with nothing.. yet. I played the mages this weekend, attempted using Sonic vs them, and everyone recked him. I go toon link/Marth/Luigi, and I do alright, so I know I'm not a bad player

If you have no patience to attempt to learn a SUPPOSEDLY low tier character, and simply switch to using the so far universally agreed top tier characters, and find yourself winning, all that means is you are a no where near as pro as you think. The really proffesional players here are the ones that take the time to learn to adapt to new characters and strategies, not only main their favourite characters, but will stick it out with them and continue to win games while everyone else jumps on the top-tier bandwagon.

i know sonic is pretty low when it comes to tiers, but if you planned to main him, give up after 2 weeks based on this tier discussion thread, that really is weak.
IDK what I was thinking lol

I also found this on the same page

lol ganondorf being bottom

He's not god tier by any stretch of the imagination, but far from bottom.
But I cant judge, my first tier list had Wario as the worst character in the game :p

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
asdasd. That's the oldest I could find by searching.

Also, yes I just went and edited something out of the post. >:p
It had some info about me I'd rather not post around internets...

...And it was there for three years.. >_>

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I'm new, Hi!, plz don't eat me

I've searched for my first post before, but not since becoming a moderator, so I've just now discovered my first post now resides inside the rubbish bin.

I'm new said:
Vyse said:
Just thought I'd introduce myself as a player of SSBM, I likateh Roy, his neutral B pwns, I kill anything with that move, I'm so good I reckon I could win in world tourneys. :)..
Just kidding, I ain't no n00blet, actually I like using Peach, and though I don't think I'd last more than half a minute against high level tourney goers, I still love playing the game, I like games and anime, so's that's me in a nutshell, (What's relevant on this site anyway)
Typh said:
*promptly eats you*

Learn how to wavedash! There's tons of topics so look at one of them for tips.
Vyse said:
Yeah, I have been, and educating my friends on alot of things I found out, I wanna try out that luigi ladder
Osco316 said:
Also learn the rules.

No "Hi I'm New Here" topics.

So many members that'd be so many introduction topics. This room would be kind of cluttered, don't you think? Also, to talk about SSBM go to one of the related Melee Discussion Boards.
Gideon said:
Welcome to Smash Boards

Unfortunately, due to the nature of these boards, we can't allow everyone to make "Hi I'm new topics". Thanks!
Amazingly, Typh is now a top Pokemon Trainer main in the US (or is well known at least), and I met him for the first time when I was in San Diego and at Genesis a couple of weeks ago.

Also, Gideon locked and binned my thread, an honour in itself seeing as he is the father of Smashboards.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I was such a n00b. But I don't feel too bad since everyone else's posts were pretty bad too.

there's no question that ike is very powerful, but he is very slow and therefore zamus could down b over his head as he is approaching, and if ike tries to counter, which he most likely would, then it wouldn't be too hard to dash throw him out of it with zamus's speed. zss could probably end up winning the match fairly easily.
Good thread Zook.

Phantomwake

Smash Journeyman
Hey whats up I am new to the forums as well and I also play kirby again (as he was baller) in SSB but to light for me in melee (I'm not that great), but I am happy to see hes rocking again (<= Pun).
Apparently I used to make jokes.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Hello, I am FirustheHedgehog, a newcomer to SmashBoards.

Just in case you care about my history in Smash Bros, I began playing on the N64 when my friend and I played it together, and he let me borrow it. I ended up borrowing it for about 4 weeks before I finally decided to return it. I got Melee when I got my Gamecube, and got a copy of Smash Bros 64 later because, whether or not it was pretty much outdated, it's still a great game and I'm sort of a retro geek. I've been a big fan of the Smash Bros series since, and I reserved and got Brawl on release date. I play it non-stop (when I can, anyways) and unlike some people I've talked to, am not getting at all bored of it.

I've been interested in joining SmashBoards for a while, and I finally decided to. I look forward to being on these forums. :)
That's technically my first post, but Meet & Greet is boring, so my second post (and the first to count towards my post count), was...

I agree that they were definitely lazy with the trophies. Now that you mention it, I realize that the trophies really are recycled, very few of them aren't based on pre-existing models.

Also, on trophies such as Dark Samus (says its origins are unknown) and Aryll (says her telescope is turtle-marked), they even got the descriptions wrong. Granted, trophies aren't an essential part of the game, but their lack of effort really shows a little too much.

It may be true that Sakurai used pre-existing models to save time, but why couldn't they just remove stickers from the game and have focused on trophies instead? I know stickers serve some sort of purpose, but I didn't even touch a sticker throughout the Subspace Emissary, and have only used one so far, a + Trophy Stand Drops one.
Apparently I posted pretty intelligently back when I first joined, even though for about a week I still had that Brawltard mentality in the back of my mind.

EDIT: Oh, and I laughed at this part of one of my later posts in that thread:

...nor am I trying to say Sakurai is evil and out to get us...
But he IS out to get us, and he's a commie.

>_>
<_<

*is shot*

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Hey, I'm Dragonblooded.
I play sort of casually but am trying to get better with the advanced stuff. I play Marth, Ike, Captain Falcon, and Samus.
I like this site. It's helpful and informative. So I send my regal greetings​
Yep. That was before I started writing like this. Actually, I still love to reread this thread every now and then. rofl A few people (you know who you are) complained about this post's font, like it was "hard to read." :laugh: Good times.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Lul.

I sort of agree with SOLID. That font is...eye-stabbing.
But I think the semi-argument between Heartz and SOLID was rather amusing.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Really? I don't see how....

Yes, I was entertained by that thread. I such a scrub back then. Well, I still am, but not as much....

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Hello to all. Well as you may have noticed, I'm new here and trying to familiarise myself with the ins and outs of this place. I came here because well I don't think I'm particularly great at Brawl, but I'm not particularly threatened by my friends' challenges. So what better place than here to find players far better than me? So yeah I'm not particularly fantastic I don't think but if anybody would like to challenge me and test my ability and help me improve I'd appreciate that. Thanks people!
Wow, I should stop being so shy...
Nah, it's better like that, get your bearings first before you unleash the beast. :p

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
You people are making me feel bad. None of you were as stupid as I was back when you first joined. :(
Dude, I was 17 when I first joined and you were 13.
Kind of a giant advantage when it comes to that, don't feel too bad. xD

I agree though 13 year old Zook would be ignored by me completely.

Terra~

Smash Journeyman
My first post was about getting Lucas to B tier. I really didn't get a warm welcome. I still think Lucas can be better...

Anyways, since then I've kept on posting random nonsense all over :D

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
You people are making me feel bad. None of you were as stupid as I was back when you first joined. :(
Don't feel bad, the first thread I created myself was asking what a counterpick was. >_>

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Are you kidding? At one point, I'm pretty sure I asked someone who would win - M2K or Drago. :laugh: (stop laughing....)

Pez55

Smash Apprentice
Depends what stage it is really.

Small stages make laser camping hard thus resulting in DK quickly chasing you down and killing you.

Exact opposite for large stages.
It was on a Falco vs DK Thread.

r3d d09

Smash Master
Ugh, mine was terrible
"i know this is the pointless thread of forum to date =P

But i'd like the sick gif of snake of breaking another snakes shield.
2 nades, to a mortar. . . and so on gif.

I haven't been able to find someone with that as their sig ever since i wanted it.
I've searched through countless threads and if someone could just spare me the time and what not. i'd appreciate that. thanks."

then i found the gif. I posted a thread the next day with the image...Then there was flaming.
I believe i've progressed somewhat ;)

edit: and yes, the grammer was terrible. I remember posting it at 4:30 in the morning with a friend.

you all can have a good laugh lol

Darkslash

Smash Master
I honesty think this was my first post, despite the fact I thought it was on the wolf boards.

So whats the Holy Grail of the Play Station 3????

Don't tell me its RFoM

Any ways

Halo=A Series that every knows it is with Microsoft
Smash bros=a Series every one knows that will be with Nintendo
yea you get it
Yea, big video game console n00b in general. Smashbro's I learned was not a series easily associated with Nintendo. And here is my first thread, entitled "Star Fox Wii"

Well what do you want to see in Star Fox Wii?

Me I want

-Explosions a **** load of Explosions
-More flying missions Goddam it
-More All range mode(Non rails) Missions
-More Explosions
-the Ability to customize the Arwings
-Get to play STAR WOLF again
-have a story that can make people cry(like Metal Gear Solid 3:laugh: )
-Online 12 players online
-Co-Op mode with WiFi and or 2p
-4P Vs Mode
-Explosions
-Updated models of Ships
-1 New Char(Star wolf needs a girl maybe another Wolf :laugh:)
Yea...wtf was I on back then?

Top Bottom