• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Web Browser Are You Using?

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Well which are you using right now?

A few years ago I was only using internet explorer which was just horrible. I then switched to Firefox, and I loved it. But after awhile all these addons just started to make it slower but not to bad. Later at one point I tried switching to Google Chrome when it was first coming out and I didn't have a fun experience with it. It was still in it's early stages so I reinstalled Firefox and went back to smooth surfing. Now I've gone back to Chrome and it's pretty fast now, so I've been using it for the past few weeks.

I've been thinking of trying Opera but I have been getting some mixed reviews about it. So tell me what Web Browser are you using?

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
I used to use Internet Explorer which, now that I look at it, is a horrible browser. I switched to Firefox about 2 years ago when I first heard about it and it is currently my browser of choice.

I did try Chrome though, but I ran pretty slow so I chose to stick to good ol Firefox.

dragnet4000

Smash Apprentice
I have used all but Chrome, and Firefox/Safari was the way to go.
IE is way too slow, and Opera is essentially the same thing as Safari, except without as many features and the like.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Chrome

When I got my computer, I got Explorer

Then I got Chrome

I switched to FireFox when Chrome started suffering some problems and I couldn't access any pages

Chrome again now that Google solved the problem :)

Scott!

Smash Lord
Chrome is super fun. I like it. I used Firefox for years, but made the switch after Firefox got to be too irritable and grumpy on me. Chrome has been great, and I don't expect to change again for a while at least.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I tried Chrome and didn't like it, Explorer sucked, so I stuck with Firefox.

magnet20

Smash Rookie
I'm a firefox fan simply because of the amount of customization that the browser offers. There are probably enough addons/skins/etc. to do whatever any user wants! (For example my firefox is using the operetta advance theme because I like the look of opera) I use chrome on my laptop since it's lighter on resources but can still use what I consider to be my most important addon, lastpass.

Sails

Smash Ace
I use Opera. It's a very web standard compliant browser, often said to be the best in this field. It's fun to see some websites out there rely on tricks that Firefox and IE use that aren't official web standards. It also has a great web developer console called Dragonfly and plenty of features despite what others may lead you to believe. ReloadEvery? Built in. GreaseMonkey(userjs)? Built in. Speed dial? Built in. In fact, most features in modern web browsers today have been created and standardized by Opera themselves.

Opera is often cited as very speedy, especially with their newest Javascript engine being multiple times faster. It usually ranks right next to Chrome as fastest browser. It uses very little memory over time as well, which Firefox users should know is a bane of their browser. No memleaks here, folks!

Include a smaller installer/install size than Firefox with amazing features such as Opera Turbo (An Opera hosted proxy that compresses pages and images for those on a slow connection), Sync and Unite (A full featured web/music/blog/friends server in your browser!), you've got a web browser packed with content in a bite sized morsel.

Honestly, it's usually a nerds choice of browser. It may not be open source which some may dislike, but it really doesn't need it.

Edit: Also, Opera is the last browser that can actually read the old legacy webcomic Kid Radd correctly. Why? Because it follows web standards of course! Animated GIFs restart when scrolled off the page view as well as an option for images to not blur on scale increase. The latter was only just recently worked around in Firefox.

D

Deleted member

I currently use Internet Explorer. I have Google Chrome installed on my computer, should I use it?

Colonel Cuddles

Smash Journeyman
I went from Internet Explorer (What a joke). Then Firefox, which I used for 2 years, until it started to somehow get slow. Then came Chrome. I love Chrome...

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
I have a friend that uses, get this: AOL.

I tried to tell him it's not 1995 anymore but he didn't seem to get it. Completely mind boggling.

Moozle

Smash Champion
My parents still use AOL. I try to get them to use Firefox, but they're always like "This is so uncomfortable!"

Edit: Btw, I love personas on Firefox

Steven9wii

Smash Apprentice
using wii's internet channel, sometimes it gets slow (on large screens: not TV'S) and although downloading is wii shop only thats ok

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
This thread already exists.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=224593

But for the record,
Firefox is the only way to go if you are a serious surfer.
^_^

FF all the way. Great security, customization, and good speed (Chrome is faster but FF has so much more going for it). I have discussions in the original thread, I'd retype them but they're too long. XD

Top Bottom