• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What will you guys do with your 'economic stimulus'?

Mann

Smash Ace
Being a tax preparer I was swamped with questions like these all over the place. When will I get my $600? Is this for real? Will they take the money back? How is this really going to stimulate my economy? Aren't we already in debt? Where the hell is the government getting this money from?

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/24/economic.stimulus/index.html

Most of you who paid taxes should have already gotten a notice in the mail. What will you do with yours once you get it? "It is there to strengthen the middle class, to create jobs and to turn this economy around."

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
It's $600 for joint payers. Unless you have a spouse, it's only like $300.

Also, it's just a cheap way to inflate the dying economy. I'll take it, but I know it means nothing in the long run.

Cs_Nexus

Smash Apprentice
It allowed the Federal Reserve to produce more money.
Which, then is the money + interest = what we owe to the Federal Reserve.
Thus, that money comes right out of your own pocket (the fed taxes you pay)
and then the FED gets to keep your interest, putting money into their pockets.

WELCOME TO MONETARY SLAVERY!!!

Id say,
"Mom, I just got a baseball card! and its says that the card is worth $23."

Like my moma used to say,
"It is only worth what people are will give you for it"

A) paper/electric/imaginary unbacked money is no different, than the baseball card. - current money system​

B) gold based paper receipts. -previous Dollar system​

Which option you pick is your choice!

I pick B)
Nexus

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I spent mine moving to a country where I didn't get the mone... oh wait.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The stimulus package will have no effect on our economy because we are heading towards a recession. As things start to rise in cost, people are less likely to buy, and ultimately, more likely to save. Thusly, the government basically did nothing to boost the economy.

Cs_Nexus

Smash Apprentice
The stimulus package will have no effect on our economy because we are heading towards a recession. As things start to rise in cost, people are less likely to buy, and ultimately, more likely to save. Thusly, the government basically did nothing to boost the economy.
WRONG!!!! ^, wrong, and right!

1)The "Stimulus" is further pushing our dollar to Worthlessness! Thus weakening the economy.
2)Heading to recession.? thats some word the news media uses to completely fabricate fear!
no different than the word depression! and we are in it! not heading towards it.
3)Your right, the Government has not, nor does it intend to boost our dollar.

Side note:
The AMERO currency will soon be promoted as solution to the "weak dollar", which is a stepping stone to merge Canada and Mexico with America to create the NAU, similar to the EU's EURO currancy super state.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Well, keep in mind the Euro is nearly double the worth of the dollar. Any type of NAU will be already poorer than the EU because we are taking the US's weakening state and adding Mexico's even worse state.

Cs_Nexus

Smash Apprentice
Well, keep in mind the Euro is nearly double the worth of the dollar. Any type of NAU will be already poorer than the EU because we are taking the US's weakening state and adding Mexico's even worse state.
Sweet taters n toters.

NOTICE::

The dollar is worth 95% or less than it was in 1913.
I believe I was informed that the dollar = about 4 cents compared to the GOLD based dollar in 1913.

So!
Nearly double you say?
So the Euro is = 7 or 8 cents? comparatively.

How about we go back to the gold standard.
We would be 1150% more rich than the EU.

If we choose to as a country!
Nexus

Top Bottom