• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What would be some good sources to take trophies from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
One thing that annoyed me in Brawl was how mainstream the trophies were (largely due to how most of them were just reused models) rather than show obscure games you never heard of like Melee did. So I ask: What are some Nintendo games that remain obscure that they could pull from?

Arcana: Little known SNES dungeon crawler staring Rooks, a knight who can use magic through cards. Actually a HAL game, but the difference is pretty minimal at this point.

Adventures of Lolo: It's a series best known for a cameo in another game, so a good place for a trophy to shed light on. Again, a HAL game.

Some odd accessories could also be trophies, like the DK bongos or the Gameboy Camera.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Nintendo has plenty of obscure titles to pull material from. Sakurai just has to feel like displaying these to the world. Sakurai knows his Nintendo history; he just has to feel like something is worth highlighting.

ItsSilverLPs

Banned via Warnings
I hope they include a lot of obscure games. They also should include obscure characters from a famous franchise

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I think the fire Emblem Akaneia, Jugdral, and Elibe games deserve more trophies.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i hope some of the supporting cast from the another code games get trophies such as matthew and d

also the urban fighter should get a trophy this time round

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I always enjoy getting 3D models of old retro and forgotten characters, or characters than have never been in 3D. There were an abundance of them in Melee, and although I didn't know all of them when I first got them, I really liked the trophies in that game. Mixed with trophies of well known and important characters, of course.

I also still want that Sukapon trophy that Sakurai promised us. :glare:

@deuxhero
Those IPs are owned by HAL, not Nintendo, even though Nintendo owns HAL, so they wouldn't appear in Smash. The closest we would get would be to include Lololo and Lalala.

jigglover

Smash Lord
How about trophies of every Pokemon ever created and there shiny forms, two trophies per pokemon plus their different forms, so for some Pokemon that's for trophies including the shiny form of their different form!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I say which ever retros don't make it in as playable that have some sort of demand should get trophies. In other words, which ever of these don't make it as playable: Takamaru, Mach Rider, Muddy Mole, Lip, Prince of Sable, Duck Hunt Dog, Sheriff, etc. Granted Mach Rider and Sheriff had Melee trophies, but they should have them again...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If trophies do come back, I would hope that their models have actual bone setups. It's pretty disturbing that you couldn't modify the trophy poses at all in Brawl.

There hasn't been much from Super Mario Land, Wario Land, Metroid II, Zelda II, Balloon Kid, Tetris, or one-offs like Mole Mania

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom