• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What you LOVE about brawl;]

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
That's great, Falcon.
Anyway, I was just playing my favourite competitive game, Brawl*, and I noticed something else I really love about it that I feel goes underappreciated. And that's the Random character button. I mean, I know you could pick a random character in Melee, but this is so much better. They fixed alot of that small stuff from Melee that really make me enjoy the game more.

[/b].
Ahh that is a nice thing they added. Random Color and everything. And its like picking a character so you dont know who you are until the match starts.

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
not to start anything, but, what did wavedashing do besides spacing in Melee?

I never got too far into melee with techs, etc....
Wavedashing opened the door to new combos and some solid OoS options, all while making the competitive Melee scene look like all the characters were on rollerskates.

There's another thing I love about Brawl. Defense in the air.

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
I find it odd people keep mentioning the tourney scene, some of its best players hate the game.
I can't think of any top players who hate the game. M2K likes it, he just prefers Melee. Same with Spamerer. Why would you put so much time and effort into something you hate? It doesn't exactly pay well.

Not like it would make a difference anyway. Take out all the players that legit don't like the game and you've still got a maaaaassive competitive community.

EDIT: Oh hooray. Another "Brawl has no combos" joke. Awesome.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Yoshi.

Honestly, Brawl Yoshi has so much potential.

And the music. The music is awesome.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I think that's safe to say. >_>
Melee Yoshi had a terrible recovery, bad graphics, terrible moves. Yoshi mains were pretty brave back then.
/and now.

Special Brawl's Heavy Gravity mode and Reflect Status mode: Camping and recovery get nerfed.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
bigger cash prizes since more people play, and more admiration of pro low tier-ers since the game is so unbalanced.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
actually,scratch that.
captain falcon makes the game unfair to other characters.
he is 2 good.

:094:

Subach

Smash Apprentice
As much as it is a part of what many, including myself, find wrong with Brawl, missile spamming with Samus is just too much fun.
Also, beating a decent high-tier with Captain Falcon makes you feel like the manliest thing ever.

Mashour2

Smash Apprentice
Quote from a 5-year old:
"I liek brawlz becuz of Marrio!!"

The reason most people started smash is because of the characters.

AndreVeloso

Smash Apprentice
I would like brawl quickened up, but not in the sense of Melee's anti-mechanics. L-canceling and Wavedashing took a lot of realism out of the game for me and I for one was very happy when this was taken out. I never played Melee but am thankful these "techniques" was put into brawl. I know how little realism there is in brawl but I prefer playing the game how the game was supposed to be played. Not inputting buttons at certain times to speed up characters. The physics in Brawl are fine (excusing Wario's bike as a recovery) and that is what I like about Brawl for me.

SpongeBathBill

Smash Ace
The music, Norfair XD, PT, and the fact that it puts at your disposal so many fun and interesting ways to be a ****. ^___^

Btw, this is a great thread; reading through it is really reminding me of the good things that Brawl does have to offer.

Bjay

Smash Lord
The fact that is a cross-over game.

Cross-overs <3

Also, that Wario is in it (I was hoping he'd be in Melee!)!

kuenzel

Smash Ace
Achievements were awesome.Tourneys are fun- being able to compete is funner.
Laughing at a footstool kill that everyone knows was by accident.
And everyone in Smashboards can shout out in frustration "SakurAAAAAIIIIII!!!!!"

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Achievements were awesome.Tourneys are fun- being able to compete is funner.
Laughing at a footstool kill that everyone knows was by accident.
And everyone in Smashboards can shout out in frustration "SakurAAAAAIIIIII!!!!!"
Usually the shouting is in response to a trip messing up their chain grab

2393Devon

Smash Cadet
i love how alot of people around
the world are involved in brawl
how there are turnys every
where (cept Rhode Island there
havent been many)and how

people can meet each other and
become friends and help make
each other better as a whole

Top Bottom