• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cojiro

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, though, Sony has a patent for mind-control gaming.
Let me guess, that would enable faster-than-real time weapon change?:laugh:

On Topic, I reckon the wii-mote by itself will be quite a different way to play. The other 3 will be conventional, what with the right number of buttons. For you competitive d00ds, GCN or CC all the way.

Nunchunck for casual, and wii-mote by itself (I think, due to Sakurai's conspiratorial comments) will use some limited motion goodness.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Kinda off-topic, but check out the official packaging of halo 3 (no im not a halo fan boy just here me out):

Why cant they do something like that for brawl? Like apart of the usual disc to play, why not some bonus feautres, like a video diary where they show how theyre making the characters, the developing and all of that?

Just thought I could share that opinion XD

Meta77

Smash Apprentice
i think this update can tide me over until next week.

@Meta77 - im sorry to hear thats all that you want in this game. it sounds to me that you just want an online sonic game. go wait for that to come out and quite being nit-picky. yea, sonic and online will be awesome, but its not the highlight of the game. seriously.
Un no it is a stupid update. Why is a controller update important...ill tell you it isnt. There only doing this to show people who have never played smash how to play. So i say its a waste of time. and no i dont want a online sonic game. Those two would just big some huge news around the net. Controller news doesnt get anything but a laugh.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Un no it is a stupid update. Why is a controller update important...ill tell you it isnt. There only doing this to show people who have never played smash how to play. So i say its a waste of time. and no i dont want a online sonic game. Those two would just big some huge news around the net. Controller news doesnt get anything but a laugh.
it's important because for a while we haven't really known which controller to use, and people who have smashed since the 64 worried they would have to learn a new control scheme and have to regain their pro status again.

sure sakurai said we would use gamecube controllers at E3 last year, but retracted that statement during Nintendo World in Japan.

this IS big news because now people familiar with smash don't have to learn a new control scheme and stay with what they know. plus newbies have alternated if they don't like the way smash is now. if you want characters, tough. wait until E3

Sidius

Smash Journeyman
Kinda off-topic, but check out the official packaging of halo 3 (no im not a halo fan boy just here me out):

Why cant they do something like that for brawl? Like apart of the usual disc to play, why not some bonus feautres, like a video diary where they show how theyre making the characters, the developing and all of that?

Just thought I could share that opinion XD
IMO they should release Brawl with the official soundtrack.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
IMO they should release Brawl with the official soundtrack.
They do have that sounc test thing in the game that you can unlock. Halo is much more of a serious gamers game, so they're pulling out all this fancy shmancy stuff for it. Brawl's hyped a lot too, butNintendo doesn't really cater to hardcore gamers as much.

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord

This has been an actual and true update. This is the best news since we've learned that Brawl was coming out. All the other updates have been garbage up until now.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
I have to disagree. Yoshi ending music is a garbage update. Showing pics of characters we already know are in the game and how to recover is garbage.
Look here dont be hatin on my new remix. besides were gettin info. Its a lot better than spectiatin. Pluss they drop important new stuff once a week. Like the controlls. Pits special moves. Hmm stages are cool too. Shoot just new pics alone make me go. Ooooo ahhhhh.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I have to disagree. Yoshi ending music is a garbage update. Showing pics of characters we already know are in the game and how to recover is garbage.
. . . .last week we had NOTHING BUT NEW NEWS AND NEW FRINGING INFO and you call that "garbage"?

So you knew Pitt could Fly Freely for a time for his B^?
So you knew that we can now run (forward AND backward) and jump well shootting?
You knew about the Cracker (a item that can be aimed and causes characters to slow down)?
You knew about that new stage?
And new in game screen shots every day. . .

Im sorry but WTF do you people expect?!?!? Daily new character bios?

It's like. . . complaining about having sex with some one everyday. SURE, it aint going to rock your socks every day but goddammit just be happy your getting some everyday and not one good shot every 6 months. . .

(And he clearly states that the "how to play" updates are for people who don't know wth SSB is. Yeah, not EVERYONE knows this series. . .)

Edit- And I really wish you all would stfu about Halo. Just look at the people who are making halo and the people who are making SSBB and you will see a clear difference in both directed aim and culture. Why on earth does the Wii's most wanted game have to shell out all the things (crap) the 360's most wanted is shelling out anyway?

jdironfist

Smash Cadet
You know what else is garbage? Your mom.

OHHHHHHHH!!!!

THAT JUST HAPPENED!

*EDIT* To actually make this post on topic, though, I completely agree with Black/Light. We're FINALLY getting some bloody information, and you whine about it? If that's your attitude, then don't bother checking the site!

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
It's official, people will complain no matter what the update is. They could reveal 100 new characters, online being perfected, will be released in a weeks time and be absolutely free in one update, and someone will still call it lame.:ohwell:

As other people pointed out, just be thankful we are at least given something. Sakurai could've just kept his mouth shut til E3, but decided to give us little snippets on what he has included in the game so far. It's not his fault your expectations are so unreasonably high.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Rofl, Luke pwned everyone who complains, I agree with him, be thankful he's giving you guys updates instead of jack ****.

He's a busy guy, and to be honest, What other game creator has gave you daily updates? No. I don't recall any other creator to give you daily updates.

Shut your faces and be thankful your getting any information at all, however I do agree up b was not needed. But everything else is okay I suppose.

Fawriel

Smash Master
It's official, people will complain no matter what the update is. They could reveal 100 new characters, online being perfected, will be released in a weeks time and be absolutely free in one update, and someone will still call it lame.:ohwell:
but tingles in it the games ruined dood :confused::(:ohwell:

Solid_Sneak

Smash Apprentice
Alright, it's not like I'm being ungreatful here, but to me, an update with a character bio on Picachu is simply useless! I mean c'mon, that's just a fact - to me. I know about Picachu, I don't like Picachu, I care fare more about other things in the game than Picachu. Plus I already knew about most of what they showed me about Picachu.

It's OK if certain people don't like certain updates, seriously. Not everyone cares about some of the things. We don't have to like every god **** update just because "Sakurai is working his *** off to provide daily updates". This is not acting spoiled, or arrogant, this is just a thruthful response about how some people feel about the update. Yes Sakurai works hard, yes a daily update is great, but you know what? It's his job. He knows **** well that not everyone cares about certain subjects, but he's putting the posts out there however he feels it's neccessary, and not everyone has played the game! What if you just found out about Smash Bros and checked out the Brawl site? You'd be delighted to see every little thing. It's the experienced players that expect other things.

HOWEVER, saying that an update is garbage, period, or not explaining why that update does not appeal to YOU , is stupid. Everyone has an opinion about what they think about the update, and we all have a right to express that opinion. We're not jsut going to sit here and frigging LIE about how we "Like everything because we are fortunate to get it". That argument is stupid, stop using it. We do not have to like a certain update if we genuinely are not interested about the topic!

Personally, I love the daily updates. I respect Sakurai for doing it, and I think it's great. I just do not care much about a few of the updates, but that's fine. I've still learned quite a bit in a relatively short time anyway.

People are ALLOWED to complain, people are ALLOWED to praise. Stop ****ing attacking people just because they dis the site! It may be flawed, and when people point out mistakes, we can talk about it - not just shun those people for speaking negatively about something you like alot.

psyt

Smash Journeyman
. . . .last week we had NOTHING BUT NEW NEWS AND NEW FRINGING INFO and you call that "garbage"?

So you knew Pitt could Fly Freely for a time for his B^?
So you knew that we can now run (forward AND backward) and jump well shootting?
You knew about the Cracker (a item that can be aimed and causes characters to slow down)?
You knew about that new stage?
And new in game screen shots every day. . .

Im sorry but WTF do you people expect?!?!? Daily new character bios?

It's like. . . complaining about having sex with some one everyday. SURE, it aint going to rock your socks every day but goddammit just be happy your getting some everyday and not one good shot every 6 months. . .

(And he clearly states that the "how to play" updates are for people who don't know wth SSB is. Yeah, not EVERYONE knows this series. . .)

Edit- And I really wish you all would stfu about Halo. Just look at the people who are making halo and the people who are making SSBB and you will see a clear difference in both directed aim and culture. Why on earth does the Wii's most wanted game have to shell out all the things (crap) the 360's most wanted is shelling out anyway?
lawl, you compared smash updates to sex XD

oh, yea, and agreed and what not, and the yoshi music wasnt garbage, i mean think about it, delfino plaza as a level, now yoshi story n64 music, did joo no baby bowser was the villian in both of those games?

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Alright, it's not like I'm being ungreatful here, but to me, an update with a character bio on Picachu is simply useless! I mean c'mon, that's just a fact - to me. I know about Picachu, I don't like Picachu, I care fare more about other things in the game than Picachu. Plus I already knew about most of what they showed me about Picachu.
Before you start to say you know everything about Pikachu, try correctly spelling it's name.

First of all, these updates are ALL awesome. It's obvious we're going to get some newbie information, but that's just how it is, so live with it. Secondly, I'm pretty sure most of you complainers never new about Groudon, Cracker Launcher, Gooey Bomb, stages, etc. so why are you bagging on the updates? Any new information about the game is simply pwnful.

Third, no other game site gives us daily updates about their game. It's funny that you guys always expect more... and lastly, the Yoshi Story Ending song Pwns All.

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
The only 2 updates that mean anything was the controller update and a release date. When I see a release date I'll stop complaining. Until then everything is garbage. And yes I would be perfectly fine with no updates period. I was fine before this site came out.

hellsoldierx15

Smash Journeyman
its funny how you guys think that daily updates of this calibur are "garbage." what if sakurai released sonic and online play in one day, then didnt update till the game came out? i mean, dont get me wrong, sonic and wi-fi would be a great addition to brawl, but thats not all the game is about. i believe the controls update is what everyone was waiting for besides new characters.

@meta77 - you say that knowing the controls are just for people that dont know how to play smash. thats completely wrong. you seem to have forgot about everyone else who loves smash. they didnt know how that game was going to be controlled (besides the GC controller) hey, i bet you didnt even know the other possible controls. does that make you not know how to play smash? what about everyone else? think before you say certain things, you may embarrase yourself first. all your causing is useless flaming to yourself and you cant fight back. its 1 vs 1,000,000. you figure it out.

@solid_sneak - your right about people saying an update is garbage and nothing else. those people are just going to be ignored because no one wants to hear negative things like that.

and to all other complainers, please, im not an mod or anything, but go somewhere else and complain about it...not here were people live, breathe, and sleep smash. its just childish.

thats my rant. lets get back on topic.

that idea the brawl packaging would be awesome! if they did that, its just another reason for me to camp out.

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
The only 2 updates that mean anything was the controller update and a release date. When I see a release date I'll stop complaining. Until then everything is garbage. And yes I would be perfectly fine with no updates period. I was fine before this site came out.
I would advise you to stop checking the updates then because you're not getting a release date until E3 at the earliest.

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
I would advise you to stop checking the updates then because you're not getting a release date until E3 at the earliest.
Why do people keep saying that? Where is this confirmed at? And if that's true that's a dumb move. Even Halo (which I'm not a fan of) has a release date.

Meta77

Smash Apprentice

As other people pointed out, just be thankful we are at least given something. Sakurai could've just kept his mouth shut til E3, but decided to give us little snippets on what he has included in the game so far. It's not his fault your expectations are so unreasonably high.
Whatever the only news that get my vote are new items and new stages. Controllers could mean noting to me. And even if they did change the control scheme shut up and get used to it. Heck take lost planet and halo for example two great games two diffrent controls. Now i can work both but always have to rember. You cant roll in halo. So if they did change it F-ing get over it. Now the wait till E3 is on. Untill then joke updates.

Meta77

Smash Apprentice
Why do people keep saying that? Where is this confirmed at? And if that's true that's a dumb move. Even Halo (which I'm not a fan of) has a release date.
E3 is nintednos centerfold for making huge updates. Like the huge hardware announment for the wii there going to announce.

Black/Light

Smash Master
People say that because with the way our updates are going it would be pretty logical to expect the news you seem to expect from the daily updates for SOME odd reason (New characters/ release date/ Trailer/ Pie, cake and cookies/ a Samus sex tape or w/e other odd things you expect from this. . . . ) on the HUGEST day for Nintendo news that we know of which is only a months time away.

And will you all stop this Halo info comparing? MP3 has a release date. . .and that was shown at the Nintendo Summit (another big Nintendo event). . .so what?

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
People say that because with the way our updates are going it would be pretty logical to expect the news you seem to expect from the daily updates for SOME odd reason (New characters/ release date/ Trailer/ Pie, cake and cookies/ a Samus sex tape or w/e other odd things you expect from this. . . . ) on the HUGEST day for Nintendo news that we know of which is only a months time away.

And will you all stop this Halo info comparing? MP3 has a release date. . .and that was shown at the Nintendo Summit (another big Nintendo event). . .so what?

How many times do I have to tell you I'm not expecting new characters??? Geez how do you get a release date expectations out of that?

Black/Light

Smash Master
How many times do I have to tell you I'm not expecting new characters??? Geez how do you get a release date expectations out of that?
Well good gosh gonet, lets see what they HAVE told us. . .

NEW items (you call those "garage").
NEW stage (Which you also called "garage")
NEW moves for Pitt (Which you called "garage")
NEW songs (^^^)
"How to play" for new comers (^^^)
NEW info on shooting (^^^)

Now, if you only think that " 2 updates that mean anything was the controller update and a release date" than Im guessing you would only be pleased with something HUGE like the "Release date" or "New character".

You even said "When I see a release date I'll stop complaining" which means you expect something HUGE from these daily-one-month-before-the-pimp-slapper-of-all-news day called E3.

And your other post contradicts it's self. You say that you would be "fine with no updates" yet you uppingly say that you will keep complaining about the updates we get until you get a update you care for. . . .:ohwell::dizzy:

IM_A_HUSTLA

Smash Journeyman
IM thinkg maybe because the FOUR CONTROL METHODS is in the game modes, the GC and CC will be for battle, and the others for mini-games.

and did any1 else realize that every WII game that focused on the controls is a bad game(not really but lacking stuff) because of all the work put into the controls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom