• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rash

Smash Ace
I can just imagine it now. They'll update the site everyday this week. One day it'll be a new character, Pit. The next day, it'll reveal a new stage, Pit's stage. The next day it'll reveal a new stage, Fire Emblem Castle. The Next day it'll reveal a new character, Snake......etc......etc.

We won't have any actual unseen stuff for a while. Not until they update the site with what we already know, anyway.

I actually hope I'm just making this up. But you never know.

Charzendat

Smash Apprentice
You are also forgetting days where they just might give us music samples or items. I reckon it'll be months before we start seeing any new characters, but we might get one or two new things on the way. Perhaps they will mention at E3 what characters will be playable, but not go into detail about them on the site untill a later date.

TaikaAli

Smash Apprentice
They might just add the old Character introduction of Snake, mario, link, pikachu, zsamus, pit, metaknight that they had on old site as one update that it would not take so long.

Charzendat

Smash Apprentice
I don't think so. I think that when do a character update, it'll be just one character at a time. But they will go into detail such as what attacks they have. But they can't do that untill they update the How to Play with information on the A and B attacks.

TaikaAli

Smash Apprentice
Well everyone didint wake early to see this site and those people might not know the basics. And it fills the site up nicely, otherwise it would look empty.

Kirye

Smash Ace
Eh, so finally the site updates. I didn't keep my hopes up, as I knew that even if they did release info on new chars, I wouldn't be fully satisfied.

Buuuut..

I'm loving the new menu music. Now just trying to find a way to download it and put it in my ipod.
. so I can masturbate to Brawl music on the go.

Let's just hope for something worthwhile tomorrow. =o Though really, I think they'll be releasing info on the chars we know about at first, and theeen start adding the new chars.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Wow, the new smashbros site update was even more dissappointing than NEWCOMER: YOSHI. Now THAT'S an achievement!

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I like the site's new look, and the new stuff available.

People, don't get all angry about the fact that there's hardly anything new revealed. It will all become clear in time.

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
hey did you noticed that under the site{s section.... are the characteristics of the game?..

it says: planned for 2007 release, genre: action, : 4 players.... mrsp (dont know whay it is)

and ...........i see no online play...

could this mean that finally brawl will not be online?¡?¡?
I wouldn't really worry about there not being online unless he specifically says that there will be no online. Nintendo wants this game to be online, Brawl is their best chance for a major multiplayer game to be online, it's going to be a real expereince with all the people that like to play super smash bros and they'll truly be able to see the potential that their online can live up to. They've already told us that it will be online. So until they tell us they aren't making it online, then don't doubt them.

Vali

Smash Ace
IGN has put up a small article on the new site. Just really noting the lack of new content, release date and composers. Only 2 things of interest were

"According to the English (US) and Japanese sites, the game is indeed due out for release some time this year. Other versions don't list a release date."

and

"We're expecting to have more details on Smash Bros. shortly, so once you've had your fill at the official site, keep checking back here at IGN Wii"

Just hoping IGN will deliver anything revealed at the Nintendo media show as soon as it is.

TaikaAli

Smash Apprentice
"A major update is on the way to the official Super Smash Bros. Brawl website." From nintendo site.

Does this mean they actually are going to upgrade it with lots of new information soon or is this just few days old information and it means sited opening?

Atlus8

Smash Master
I'm looking at the list of musicians........and see no Nobuo Uematsu.:( Anyway, glad that I woke up this morning and saw something. So, daily weekday updates starting this week and hopefully some more at E3. Battlefield music is fantastic with the orchestration....play Battlefield on Melee with the new song and you will get a taste of what is coming at ya.:)

The Director

Smash Lord
I like the site's new look, and the new stuff available.

People, don't get all angry about the fact that there's hardly anything new revealed. It will all become clear in time.
No. This is bull****. They've had time. They made us obsess over a countdown clock and gave us NOTHING. They wait through 6 months of silence for THIS?

Daily updates? There had better be a trailer soon or there's going to be many more pissed off Smash fans.

The Director

Smash Lord
Just hoping IGN will deliver anything revealed at the Nintendo media show as soon as it is.
Nintendo's having a media date today, and people from IGN will be there...rumor has it a playable version of Brawl will be there.

With our luck it won't include all the characters from the starting lineup. More bull**** to keep us from learning ANYTHING from this game.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Oh grow up. No other game has done this before (this being a website and blog with planned frequent updates), so stop complaining that you aren't getting everything NOW NOW NOW.

All it does is make you seem like an impatient preschooler.

TaikaAli

Smash Apprentice
We will learn all whats needed when it comes out, only thing i want to know when it comes out.
I wish everyone would stop crying and wait for new information. Its their game and they are doing brilliant work on it for sure.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Intresting Nobuo Uematsu wasn't on that list, but I think he'll do more songs for the game nevertheless. Seriously, Brawl is going to have the best music ever, and at least we know that. Needless to say the music is going to be like no other, and I can't wait to hear some more=that Melee remix was awsome! A original SSB64 remix would be pretty awsome as well. :)

The Director

Smash Lord
Oh grow up. No other game has done this before (this being a website and blog with planned frequent updates), so stop complaining that you aren't getting everything NOW NOW NOW.

All it does is make you seem like an impatient preschooler.
Oh come on, like you weren't dissapointed too. You probably want Brawl more than any of us.

And guess what? I'm posting this from America, and from here I can b itch moan and complain all I want.

And your job is to deal with it. So guess what? A daily update gives me a chance for daily b itching, and daily b itching means the mods over at Smashboards have to put up with another annoying soul.

squaminator

Smash Ace
Oh come on, like you weren't dissapointed too. You probably want Brawl more than any of us.

And guess what? I'm posting this from America, and from here I can b itch moan and complain all I want.

And your job is to deal with it. So guess what? A daily update gives me a chance for daily b itching, and daily b itching means the mods over at Smashboards have to put up with another annoying soul.
or they could just temp ban you.

and daily weekday updates gets me happy in the pant. That means that they are almost assuring us that it will be 07, cause otherwise they would run out of stuff to update with.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
I have to say, I'm a little dissapointed that they were no knew characters revealed, but I'm glad to know that we at last have an official source to get information through... I guess.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman

Or they could, you know, ban you for talking back to a mod like that.

Mud Buddha

Smash Ace
I've been waiting for this?

****ing Nintendo.

edit: I shouldn't think so, lest they want the image of Smashboards as a gestapo.

Charzendat

Smash Apprentice
I wish people would stop saying Nintendo. It's Sora, Sora Ltd. They are the one making the game with Sakurai's hand picked team. I reckon Nintendo doesn't even want this much information to be released. If they had it there way the site wouldn't of even be modified till a month before launch.

Komayto

Smash Apprentice
We get a news source with daily weekday updates and people complain about it? Um.

Well, I personally prefer it to having them just throw everything in front of us. Gives you something to look forward to. Sure, they're just giving us the most basic information right now, but they do have to get that out of the way as well, right?

So. The soundtrack certainly seems very promising. Motoi Sakuraba's arrangement of Menu 1 is perfect. I can't wait to see if he contributes any more to the game. Ever heard of his SMB theme remix from Famicom 20th Anniversary Arrange Soundtracks? It's EPIC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom