• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastinyoh

Smash Apprentice
Mario and Link @ Smash Dojo

It looks like fox is doing some sort of a block move against mario's kick in one of these photos. No shield graphic is showing though, so this might be a new move or a different way of displaying shielding. Oh and Mario's fireballs look really nice O___O

Link's bow is back. Anything else?

Somasu

Smash Ace
This is exactly what I expected for an update, and honestly, I'm happy with it. Sure, we didn't get anything new, but what we did get looks pretty cool.

Plus, it makes me happy to know that Sakurai is keeping his word with the "Daily Weekday Updates"

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Fox may just be standing there and the angle makes it looks like he is blocking. Otherwise, it would be weird to see fox block a missle with his arms, etc.

GenG

Smash Lord
Link's arrow pose is like sex to my eyes.

Fox is blocking, but there is no bubble around. Maybe the bubbles were took out to make the screens more "appealing".

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Its pretty sweet how he is going to be updating the site daily on week days

Though it will probably be a couple of weeks before we some some actual new info

Still the site is pretty sweet :p

180OP

Smash Journeyman
or maybe he power sheilded. but it just looks like hes standing there and mario missed the attack or it was never intented to hit fox.

BUnit

Smash Apprentice
I think that might be just one of Fox's stances. If you look in the one with Link and him, it looks like he is doing a martial arts kick and his hands are in a sparring position. So the default sparring position could be what he is doing in the Mario and Fox screen.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
In SSBM, there was a visual effect when someone powershielded, and in the screenshot, there isn't one, and the attack isn't even hitting fox.

Charzendat

Smash Apprentice

It is quite clear that Fox is innocently scratching his nose and Mario took this oppertunity to plant a foot in his face.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Another spam topic, I do not think I ever mentioned how much I hate spam. If I see another spammer, I will use them for the sacrfice. JK lol

Although I think this topic fits under confirmed characters or what's up with the site, not sure.

v3x?

Smash Journeyman
i could be way off, but is that gunu be links new way of shooting arrows, or just a way of shooting arrows while crouched?

And im pretty sure fox was just scratching his nose lol. Though i did get excited that maybe they chose to lose the bubble and use a regular block or something lol.

Somasu

Smash Ace
Guys, do we REALLY need to make so many seperate topics for EVERY update? =/

This topic seems so useless... If you're speculating about something you're noticing in those screenshots, then put it in the "Overlooking Important Screenshots".

If it's not just about that, then just keep it all in the stickied topic.

Bleh

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm all for giving Nintendo the benefit of the doubt, but didn't we already go through this once? Introducing each character I mean. This feels an awful lot like I'm being jerked around. We already know the characters, can't we at least get an Item or stage to go along with that? I wanna know the details on that Nintendog, or how Super moves are supposed to work, not just ANOTHER confirmation that Mario and Link are going to be in it.

If this wasn't the climax to that stupid countdown I'd probably feel better. It would have been WAY better had they just quietly redid the site in a couple days and blown all our minds with the very promise of activity.

Darn. Now I'm angry. I'm still getting the game, but I'm really taking issue with how Sakurai (or whoever ghostwrites the site for Sakurai) is handling this whole "website" business.

Shark X

Smash Lord
****, I was hopeing he was still adding characters. But since this is 30 minutes later, I guess we'll have to wait 24 hours for Kirby and Pikachu, 24 more hours for Samus, and most likely Zamus, then 24 more hours for Meta Knight, Pit, Snake, and/or Wario. Then 24 more hours for the other two. Then we have to wait 24 more hours to see if a new character is added or not. Well, at least he is updating daily. I assumed it would be once a week, so this is good news. And on top of that, none of Mario or Links moves were listed. ****, I wanted to see Meta Knight and Snakes moves >.<

EDIT: Why do I always forget Fox?

Infil

Smash Journeyman
In Link's first screenshot, it looks like his forward smash (if that's what it is) uses two hands in an arc like in SSB64, and perhaps not two separate one-handed swings like in Melee.

That's the impression I got from that screenshot anyway. He might be doing another move entirely there.

Since there are only 10 confirmed characters right now, with this pattern, that's only 4 more days of "reused" information (but really it's new, since we're getting more screens). Pretty soon he'll have to show us something newer. You guys really like to get on Sakurai's case, don't you? He has a game to make, you know. He probably gets 4 hours of sleep per night and works 7 days a week, and you guys are ragging on him because his updates aren't groundbreaking enough for you, or he doesn't update the website with timing precisely to your liking. Put it in perspective!

GenG

Smash Lord
There isn't only a "Characters" section, there are items, stages, basic rules, modes and music, so I doubt we'll see all the veterans in 4 days, because they may want to put other updates between.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Im betting Fox is just shielding and we just arent seeing the shield bubble because they edited them out of the trailers and screenshots...

I mean, does anyone seriously think Sakurai would want the trailers and screenshots to include those huge bubbles to surround every character when they are shown rolling and shielding? It would look awkward and messy, theyd get in the way...

Shark X

Smash Lord
Im betting Fox is just shielding and we just arent seeing the shield bubble because they edited them out of the trailers and screenshots...

I mean, does anyone seriously think Sakurai would want the trailers and screenshots to include those huge bubbles to surround every character when they are shown rolling and shielding? It would look awkward and messy, theyd get in the way...
That was my thought too. I just didn't say it because I posted before I read the rest of the topic, and by the time I rea the rest, no one else posted, so I didn't want to double post it. You said it better than I would have anyway.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
There isn't only a "Characters" section, there are items, stages, basic rules, modes and music, so I doubt we'll see all the veterans in 4 days, because they may want to put other updates between.
Absolutely. My estimate is tomorrow will update another new section, and then Friday (when the embargo is lifted from the press from the recent Nintendo event), Nintendo might reveal a bunch of new news, perhaps a new character or something. My guess is Friday's news will be bigger than the rest of the week.

But even so, there's probably roughly 4 or so days of "reused" information. When they choose to use those days up is at their discretion. People pretend like there'll never be anything new on this site, and that Sakurai has to bend to their every whim (including updating the website before their bedtime). It's bothering me, and I'm sure many others.

I'm all for giving Nintendo the benefit of the doubt, but didn't we already go through this once? Introducing each character I mean. This feels an awful lot like I'm being jerked around. We already know the characters, can't we at least get an Item or stage to go along with that? I wanna know the details on that Nintendog, or how Super moves are supposed to work, not just ANOTHER confirmation that Mario and Link are going to be in it.

If this wasn't the climax to that stupid countdown I'd probably feel better. It would have been WAY better had they just quietly redid the site in a couple days and blown all our minds with the very promise of activity.

Darn. Now I'm angry. I'm still getting the game, but I'm really taking issue with how Sakurai (or whoever ghostwrites the site for Sakurai) is handling this whole "website" business.
Actually dotdotdot,I believe we will be getting the information we wanted,just in smaller quantities.We still have 4 more days of updates that can be released.

One thing that I have considered i how often they actually update the site,and it has been slow a la 6 month periods.Most of the updates have been Major though,such as videos and screens,but I believe that smaller quantities are far more effective and will deal us more information than we possibly can muster.

Say it has been 6 months(starting from June),and the site is updated 5 out of 7 days in the week,calculate that and you get: 131 minor updates.

I believe that would be enough time for them to reveal all of the information.

But I believe that this will work out fine.Just have faith.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
In Link's first screenshot, it looks like his forward smash (if that's what it is) uses two hands in an arc like in SSB64, and perhaps not two separate one-handed swings like in Melee.

That's the impression I got from that screenshot anyway. He might be doing another move entirely there.

I agree, it looks a lot like his SSB64 Fsmash, which I liked more than his Melee one. Though it could be the first swing of his Melee-type Fsmash.

GenG

Smash Lord
It's the first swing, because you have this other screen:

Which shows clearly the ending animation for the second one.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
Not necessarily. While it's entirely possible that it is his 2nd F-smash, it is also possible it is a dash attack, strong attack or the final stage of his spin attack. Atleast that is what i see from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom