• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Oh, c'mon, don't just limit yourself to the baby series. Go for some nice hypergeometric series! Also, as a note, any polynomial that goes through (1, 2) and (2,4) should produces a possible series. In fact, you are never able to absolutely determine the next member of a series.

And, I agree, math is very fun.

Anyway, on topic, did anyone note that the Gooey Bomb was in a subfolder of Items called "Normal Items"? Which means that they're probably putting the uber smash move item in a "Special Items" folder. Also, they wouldn't just put an item in a folder by itself, so they should be revealing a few "Special Items" soon.

Yeah, I was going for something easy to understand but forgot the 1, 2 and 2, 4 not being possible to determine. Oops. oh well. I am wondering when Sakurai will show either:

a. Supermoves

b. How supermoves work

After looking through so many pics,I think that I can determin that Brawl actually is near completion.When you look at some of the old pics and the Nintendo trailer,you may notice that the luster of the characters have been greatly improved,and their animations have been altered greatly.As the same with Fox,you may notice that he doesn't have his Gun out at-all-times now.and that was when his character model was still young.

But you may now Notice that he looks smoother and more well lit than normal.and the details on him have beem slightly altered,such as him not having a scouter from what I can see.

Not to mention that we are getting info(Even if only a little)every day,out of the blue.And some of which is actually new to us.

It feels as if this game isn't going to be delayed,it will release this year.Man...this makes me happy.

Junaur

Smash Apprentice
Just played it again, you're right, NES. Perfect dark was awesome. I should hold a smashfest or something sometime, and when everyone's there, be all like "Suprise, I only have perfect dark!"
Back on topic, if link's bombs were even half as strong as perfect dark explosions, in range and strength, that alone could probably get him close to god tier. Man, can you imagine knee bombs? Awesome.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
Nope, I can't see any pictures as long as they're linked to smashbros.com somehow. I saw thaty post and refreshed the site a couple of times but couldn't see anything. I guess you have to use imageshack or something to make them visible for me...

Kelp Plankton

Smash Apprentice
Gooeybombs sound AWESOME. Oh man, I could see gooeybomb-only matches being really fun. Like bobomb-only, but weaker and easier to counter.

Very nice.

Charzendat

Smash Apprentice
Ooohey Gooey. I think this means then that they'll be removing the Motion Sensor Bomb.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Anyone going to answer the question of why there is a seperate section for notices and not just integrated into everything else? All I can think of for it is the release date which could be put just on the corner of the site or something.

Finesse

Smash Rookie
Gooeybomb...is that from a certain game? When they mentioned gooeybomb and showed the image of it on the site, the first and only game I could draw any connections to such an item was Advance Wars: Dual Strike...

Charzendat

Smash Apprentice
Maybe it's where they'll put stuf like

We will be at E3 with a demo version
We are going on holiday for a week, no new updates
Smash Bros. will be out in Japan/US Nov 2007
Smash Bros. will be out in Japan/US Feb 2008
You can download a new character now!
Smash Bros. will be out in Europe Nov 2008

Flok

BRoomer
BRoomer
The Gooey Bomb revealed today reminds me of Snake's C4 bomb in DMTV: WF which could stick to oppponent's bodies as well. This will definitely be a fun item to mess around with. The differences between these two items is that if Snake grabbed someone then he could place a C4 bomb on his opponent right away, and the C4 bomb was also a special attack and not an item in DMTV: WF. I wonder from which game the Gooey Bomb is from though, maybe from Gooey from the Kirby series?

For more information about DMTV: WF, see my signature.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Maybe it's where they'll put stuf like

We will be at E3 with a demo version
We are going on holiday for a week, no new updates
Smash Bros. will be out in Japan/US Nov 2007
Smash Bros. will be out in Japan/US Feb 2008
You can download a new character now!
Smash Bros. will be out in Europe Nov 2008
Maybe, I think the most likely is the second one though. -.-

Besides the release dates of course.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Face it, man. Our region has been treated like a zoo for yonks. We just have to deal with the fact that Brawl is probably going to be released months after its release in Japan/US.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Yoda is right, you are never able to absolutely determine the next number in a sequence f. This is because any polynomial defined through (n, f(n)), where n is the number in the sequence, can actually define a meaningful sequence. Thus, all you have to do is increase the degree of your polynomial, solve the linear system with more variables than equations to your liking, and define a new sequence with subsequent numbers that deviate from the observable pattern. As a result, there are infinitely many sequences (though countably many) that start with any n numbers. Thus, "what is the next number in this sequence?" questions are inherently (mathematically) flawed. I saw a neat article on this for people who don't have math degrees, but I can't place it right now. I'm sure only Yoda cared about this paragraph. :)

Anyway, back on topic. Go gooey bombs. They look fun! Everyone notice how amazingly good the Smash developers are at creating fun scenes using nothing but situations created in the game engine? Other examples are those great "congratulations!" screens at the end of the various 1P modes in Melee. I look forward to more of this type of humor from the team.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Wow some people have the worst luck, they can't see the site? That's messed up.

Anyway, gooey bombs look fun.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
It'd be cool if you could stick more than one to a person. I'd make a match with only gooey bombs and use a big target like Bowser to pile them on with a duo like ICs. pwnage!

Wait a minute, I just realized this is new information! Not rehash! *runs outside naked*

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ok so the goeybomb eh?
"Then it explodes! Oh, the horror!"
Hahaha awesome quote from the site, looks like a lot of fun, but of all the stuff they could update, im hopin they dont update the items yoo much so they can update other sections, since in tournaments items are banned and all...
But i DO wanna see the smash emblem and how it works...

Edit: BTW anyone know from what game it is? Im guessin a goey game (kirbys partner guy) or maybe its a smash exclusive item?

givequicheachance

Smash Cadet
I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but if you click on the items panel, and then click on the gooey bomb, you can see the path Home > Items > Normal Items.

Does this mean there will be special items that are different from the normal ones in some way?

NukeA6

Smash Master
I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but if you click on the items panel, and then click on the gooey bomb, you can see the path Home > Items > Normal Items.

Does this mean there will be special items that are different from the normal ones in some way?
I'm guessing the smash coin will be a special item. There could be items that are available in certain stages. Well, maybe.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Nice find, Im guessin Items that u have to thrwo are the normal ones, e.x. pokeballs, gooey bomb, etc.

The projectile items, are like the name says, fires projectiles e.x. super sope, ray gun, etc.

Healing Items

and whatever the smash emblem is, has to be special...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ givequicheachance
Intresting, the gooey bomb looks pretty neat, but I wonder if there will be a special item link, like that Brawl attack we've all wanted to see more of. Still, the gooey bomb looks pretty sick, and it will be a very intresting item to try out. :)

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
^^ i can wait. i want some real good and juicy info already!!! who cares about characters who we already know are going to be in the game or a dumb item that sticks to you...oohhhh, so special. give me new characters, solid movesets, an official release date, new modes. come on sakurai...peace

-hiroshi

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully, yeah. After tomorrow it will be the weekend so hopefully this last update before the 2 day wait will be meaningful and a bit more significant.

cyberdemon

Smash Journeyman
^^ i can wait. i want some real good and juicy info already!!! who cares about characters who we already know are going to be in the game or a dumb item that sticks to you...oohhhh, so special. give me new characters, solid movesets, an official release date, new modes. come on sakurai...peace

-hiroshi
I agree 100%. But let's be realistic: our only real chance to see new characters is at the E3.
Until then, prepare yourself to receive useless information on smashbros.com :(

don't be silly.. it's referring to Gooey from the Kirby universe, they just made it look like a metroid and act like a skull power up from megaman. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom