• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuppaRoy

Smash Cadet
Yea it should be coming shortly although its running a little late compared to last week it would update at 3 AM on the dot so now im worried they wont update it today

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
They'll update it, don't panic. Just wait another ten minutes or so.

EDIT: I went ahead and checked out the Smashbros feed to see what the update times looked like.

Battlefield
Basic Info
And Muscians were all updated 12:50 Mountain Time

Link and Mario were updated 2:30 Mountain Time

Pit and the Gooey Bomb were updated on the dot 1:00 Mountain Time.

So I reckon if it doesn't update at 1:30, it will be 2:00 or 2:30.

Shark X

Smash Lord
Well I highly doubt he's updateing it today (I doubted we would get updates every single day until release). Usually it's updated around 2:20AM (my time), it's about 30 minutes later. If it's not updated in 10 minutes, I'm writeing this off as "Well obviously he won't update every single day until release"

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
The site says in letters that it will be updated with daily weekday updates, which means updated every day Monday through Friday. I doubt he would post that if he didn't mean it.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Well I highly doubt he's updateing it today (I doubted we would get updates every single day until release). Usually it's updated around 2:20AM (my time), it's about 30 minutes later. If it's not updated in 10 minutes, I'm writeing this off as "Well obviously he won't update every single day until release"
You say it like just because he's not updating on *your* today that that makes him the devil. :p Their today technically lasts for another 7 hours, so it's all good until then, whether we like it or not.

Shark X

Smash Lord
*points to last post*

One day he updated at 2:30 Mountain Time, an hour and a half passed said deadline. There's still another 29 minutes until that mark is broken.
I'm not sure how that works out then because I was there for every single update, refreshing the site until the update. And that always came between 2:20AM and 2:30AM my time.

The site says in letters that it will be updated with daily weekday updates, which means updated every day Monday through Friday. I doubt he would post that if he didn't mean it.
Doesn't mean he plans to. He could be sick, or having a family crisses, or some other reason keeping him from making an update today. Things like that can be unplanned.

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
You say it like just because he's not updating on *your* today that that makes him the devil. :p Their today technically lasts for another 7 hours, so it's all good until then, whether we like it or not.
His "today" lasts another 21 hours...

edit: "His" meaning Shark's

Shark X

Smash Lord
No, someone else at Nintendo is the devil, but not him. He just works for the devil. Just not sure if he knows it or not, which is what scares me >.>

I'm basically just saying that all of the updates so far seemed to be around the exact same time.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Pit's special moves.

The wings seem interesting. A limited flight capability? A few seconds of free motion? Doesn't really say.
It's his third jump (or in this case his 7th or whatever since he has multiple jumps). I say it's a jump up in the air with a slow fall.

Yomon

Smash Apprentice
Ahh! Move lists for each character. What a brilliant way to space out the updates and make people wait longer for much larger information. Oh well, at least it's new information. Pit's move set is starting to look awesome, I wonder if Up + B will do any damage to enemies :o

Black/Light

Smash Master
This is proof that these screens are "subject to change" just as it says at the bottom of the site. . .

(Arrow is probly aimable as much as Link's boomerang)

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I'm assuming they'll only do this for the new characters, it'd be a bit redundant to do it with the old ones (unless they've changed something). Unless there is also a super smash article.

Looks like Pit's arrows work a bit like Ness's PK, except they move faster and probably harder to control. Still, at least it's quite different from Link's bow. I'm quite surprised by his up B though, I wasn't expecting him to have such a recovery move. I'm guessing he is going to be pretty lightweight then.

As always, new stuff is always good to see.

Pokemaster

Smash Cadet
So, if I'm right, Pit can only do a double jump with the wings and up B gives him the ability to Fly normaly for about 3-5 secs.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
This is proof that these screens are "subject to change" just as it says at the bottom of the site. . .

(Arrow is probly aimable as much as Link's boomerang)
Could be at different points in time of the attack...It is a magic bow so it may not match animation as closely as a "real" one. Like, connects the blades above his head and then lowers the bow, summons the arrow, then the string, and fires. It could also very well be aimable.

I'm assuming they'll only do this for the new characters, it'd be a bit redundant to do it with the old ones (unless they've changed something). Unless there is also a super smash article.
They'd probably update the old ones in groups like they did with Mario and Link.

Black/Light

Smash Master

Could be at different points in time of the attack...It is a magic bow so it may not match animation as closely as a "real" one. Like, connects the blades above his head and then lowers the bow, summons the arrow, then the string, and fires. It could also very well be aimable.
I think your putting a lil bit too much thought into this.:ohwell:
Can't really see the animation being that long (To have to charge up/waite for the string). . . and why would he be aiming without the string if it's at the end of the animation?

180OP

Smash Journeyman
double jump? looking from the smash brawl vids it looks like, or definitely looks like there is three jumps. It was also announced by Nintendo that brawl would have more integration of aeriel combat.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Ahh! Move lists for each character. What a brilliant way to space out the updates and make people wait longer for much larger information. Oh well, at least it's new information. Pit's move set is starting to look awesome, I wonder if Up + B will do any damage to enemies :o
Hmmm, an up+b move with no capabilities other than acting as recovery is VERY unusual... only Pichu and Mewtwo have non-damaging ones, but theirs allow them to move very quickly, so can be used for escaping or mindgames or stuff.
Maybe Wings of Icarus will have some sort of added bonus.. maybe he'll be allowed to attack with aerials in the time used recovering?

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I think your putting a lil bit too much thought into this.:ohwell:
Can't really see the animation being that long (To have to charge up/waite for the string). . . and why would he be aiming without the string if it's at the end of the animation?
How long? It could be done really fast. I meant that the shot with Fox could be before the other one in terms of the bow animation. That he'd be lowering his bow and he'd have summoned the arrow and that point and the string would maybe phase in and out of sight (like it's glowing) while he's standing there holding it...Ya, I can just imagine a whole bunch of stuff really fast; especially if I'm this tired. :/

Also, about Icarus' Wings, maybe they let him do, like, three or four of his aerial jumps in any direction (he can change direction with each one). Or maybe it's something like Meta Knight's little glide thing but he can do it in any direction. Or something.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I really doubt there will be a whole long scene of Pit forming his bow, summoning the arrow, and doing all the other stuff to make him have a 10 second lag start-up for an attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom