• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElChibo

Smash Apprentice
So Sheik's chances aren't as low as we thought...
true.... man, I want sheik gone, and after the slim chances of her return with yesterdays post, tonights just brings us back to thinking sheik may be in it. twilight princess and sheik dont mix though! I would love it if sheik was a seperate character, and less based on tilts, and maybe had some cool special moves.

Grimwolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grimwolff
Why does which game the char comes from matter so much? The Melee Link had silver arrows and was based off of the OoT Link, which never used them.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I'm getting ready to laugh at ANYONE who is to claime:
"This is gonna be LOZ week!!ONE!! woot"
Coz its not.
Sakurai=Geniuse.
he isn't at all preditable.

ElChibo

Smash Apprentice
I'm getting ready to laugh at ANYONE who is to claime:
"This is gonna be LOZ week!!ONE!! woot"
Coz its not.
Sakurai=Geniuse.
he isn't at all preditable.
ah, but what if sakurai turns around and mindgames you and makes it LoZ week? lol
watch he puts LoZ stuff mon - thur, but something completely differ on friday lol

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
The music sounds great, is it just TLoZ updates this whole week, this music sounds great when you put all the characters fighting each other at whatever stage it may be.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Am I the only one ... disappointed with the music they're feeding us? The Menu 1 remix was amazing, but the rest of these clips just leave me displeased and cranky.

They just don't have the quality that the Melee soundtrack had, it all almost sounds TOO orchestrated, and some of it almost sounds like fan-crap on OC ReMix at times.

Not to mention the past three have all sparked stupid debates filled with trolling and flaming here, but that's just a side-issue.

These are really the only updates that make me cringe. Meh, here's hoping it sounds more promising before release...

Grimwolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grimwolff
I really don't see the logic in cutting shiek.
I never understood either, the only logical reason is she is a very old out dated character but I mean Marth is an old outdated character and people want him to return. Sheik was so popular it would seem odd if she wasn't in.

Blackadder

Smash Master
*laughs at greenshell*
*Thinks deeply about what Elchibo said*
*and answers: "Yes" to Gasmat*

*whew*

Fawriel

Smash Master
Awww, you disappoint me, Fanewgie. The music is amazing. OCRemix is awesome. And so on.
...I hate not having any actual arguments.

Anyway, this does not confirm Sheik and anyone who attempts to revive that discussion shall be shot in the head.
We had LoZ 2 music in Melee, ffs.

ElChibo

Smash Apprentice
Am I the only one ... disappointed with the music they're feeding us? The Menu 1 remix was amazing, but the rest of these clips just leave me displeased and cranky.

They just don't have the quality that the Melee soundtrack had, it all almost sounds TOO orchestrated, and some of it almost sounds like fan-crap on OC ReMix at times.

Not to mention the past three have all sparked stupid debates filled with trolling and flaming here, but that's just a side-issue.

These are really the only updates that make me cringe. Meh, here's hoping it sounds more promising before release...
if anything, your starting the debates and flaming... its all opinionated, if you don't like the music, whatever. menu 1 was amazing, and I was a little dissapointed with the others. This new Zelda one was awesome, as it was true to the original work medleying together a ton of classic tracks, and redoing it orchestrated, the way zelda music was meant to be. how can it be too orchestrated?? the ridley one may not be the best listening to it by itself, especially being only 30 some seconds, but imagine it while playing the game, and you'll see how thats an awesome music. the yoshi however, how could it not spark debate using yoshi's icon and his music when hes not even confirmed yet? plus i thought it was kinda lame IMO...

VA

Smash Hero
This Zelda music is by far the best, it's bloody well amazing! I normally dislike music updates but this one is fantastic! LOVE it.

TheSageBean

Smash Rookie
Man, it brings back so many memories, like

oh! that windmill dude!
oh! lon lon village!
oh! epona!
oh! saria!
oh! the skull kid!

CasMat

Smash Cadet
I personally love their use of Saria's Song. It's more of a commanding tone than usual. However, there are aspects of this song that seem strange to me. With most of the other clips, I could say I loved them almost immediately. I'll have to wait to hear this song in its entirety before I can say I like it.

gnosis

Smash Lord
I've really loved all the music so far; maybe my favorite updates, next to characters. The soundtrack, for me, seems set to trump Melee's. A lot of Melee's music, while great, too easily faded into the background.

With Brawls, I just consider that their currently clips, and listening to a whole track can tie it together a lot better, so I give them the benefit of the doubt.

So far my only complaint has been that the Ridley song was a bit over-the-top cheesy, but when I think about a longer version of it playing in the middle of a fight it becomes great... and hey, this -is- Smash Bros, over the top cheesiness isn't exactly a bad thing.

Also this new Zelda one seems a bit choppy in how it jumps from track to track instead of blending in, but I'm sure in the context of its whole track, in-game, that complaint disappears too. Dunno though.

Edit: For fairness sake, I should note that I really only play on a handful of tournament stages, so the music I normally hear is limited. There's a few great tracks I don't hear that often (Hyrule's, Big Blue's, etc.), but even considering them, I'm liking Brawl better.

experiment111

Smash Journeyman
Ahhhhhh feeling very nostalgic after this lovely medley. Does anyone else think this is gonna b a zelda themed week? I'm still holding out for more newcomers.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
I personally love their use of Saria's Song. It's more of a commanding tone than usual. However, there are aspects of this song that seem strange to me. With most of the other clips, I could say I loved them almost immediately. I'll have to wait to hear this song in its entirety before I can say I like it.
Agreed about Saria's song. Has more of a force to it.
The whole track is great. As for jumping to and fro the different songs, I don't find it choppy at all.

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
I think it sounds awesome. Then, of course, I also think Wild Arms sounds awesome, and I'm not afraid to admit that I can hear a lot of wild west in this Zelda medley. (Michiko Naruke is the composer for the Wild Arms series...which is a semi-wild-west RPG series, if you didn't know.)

Yomon

Smash Apprentice
I kind of agree with Fanewgie...
At first I kind of liked this song, but then I listened to it some more and now I don't know, I don't really like it as much as the previous songs put up.

The Ocarina of Time SSBB song sounds a little too overdone. I don't know what could be taken out or revised to make it sound less chaotic though. To me it sounds like an OCremix that I would ignore.

A plus side for the song is part of it reminds me of Knight Man's level in MegaMan 6 and other parts remind me of a battle in Lufia II.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I have to say, music updates are the worse by far. If Sakurai was looking for a way to kill update hypes, he's found it. What are we going to say about this song now? I can just look a few pages up and see all kinds speculations forming.

Flame me, ridicule me, do whatever you please, but bare in mind I'm entitled to my opinion. I'd rather see another smash 101.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
I kind of agree with Fanewgie...
At first I kind of liked this song, but then I listened to it some more and now I don't know, I don't really like it as much as the previous songs put up.

I really liked all past music, but the Ocarina of Time one sounds a little too overdone. I don't know what could be taken out or revised to make it sound less chaotic though.

A plus side for the song is part of it reminds me of Knight Man's level in MegaMan 6 and other parts remind me of a battle in Lufia II.
it has a certain hectic quality to it, but think of its application. cant you just SEE the on stage chaos crashing along to this melody?

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice
Glad they put OOT music in ahead of TP music, OOT music was lightyears better.
I want to hear more of Zelda's lullaby Goddammit!
And yeah, sounds great. I love these music updates (at least they're new info and not recycled old news:laugh:)

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
I like the new force and gusto to these old songs, but the sound quality isn't really crisp enough due to the MIDI. I mean, anyone could hear that the Main Theme from the first trailer was orchestrated, and that this isn't.

Haven't we heard that we were actually supposed to get more orchestrated music this time around?

Eternal phoenix Fire is spamming. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . again. Lol

I bet there will be another new character this week. No, there is no particular reason why I think this (especially since Sakurai is completely random).
Of course i'm spamming.It's the brawl forums.:p

I like the way the music is composed.Several great themes in one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom