• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
I wish they would just stop with the updates and tell us that the release date is in like a week, but nope. It's probably coming out when the Wii first came out.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
With the confirmation of assist trophies, I'm feeling even more hopeless about Toad making it in as a playable character :'(

and CBNJ, that makes no sense...

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I like the assist trophies. Not only do they double as the Pokeball 2.0 , but they will also help deconfirm all the ridiculkous characters people are hoping for. I see Ridley as being an assist trophy more than a playable character. And I know what you're saying CBNJ, taking a week with no updates so we could get the release date would be nice, but it's utterly unrealistic. I'd rather get all the updates and then get the release date WHEN THEY ARE ACTUALLY DONE MAKING THE GAME.

I

i8waffles612

very nice update... but ehhh. it lowers the chance of some people being playable characters. Instead they might be assist trophies...

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I think it's great though. It's a quality control for characters. Sakurai is ensuring that only the characters that can best be played will be playable.

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
With the confirmation of assist trophies, I'm feeling even more hopeless about Toad making it in as a playable character :'(

and CBNJ, that makes no sense...
Lol, I'm just saying that they should starve us of updates for a week, then give us the release date but that probably isn't going to happen. If we don't get a release date at E3 I'll go crazy.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I think it's great though. It's a quality control for characters. Sakurai is ensuring that only the characters that can best be played will be playable.
and yet you think ridley will be an AT. i hate your forever for saying that:mad:

but i do agree. this gives me hope that characters i NEVER want to see playable (Toad, Tingle, Tom Nook) will at least be AT and i get quality characters (Diddy, Krystal, and of course Ridley) as playable fighters.

but i'm surprised people are yelling that Sonic or Megaman will be AT, and to those people, what the hell is wrong with you!? you know characters like that will be playable or not. it's the other characters of their series that will be AT. if sonic is in, you know Tails or Knuckles will be AT. but i'm really hoping Gray Fox or Liquid Snake will make an appearance like this.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I think there is less chance for clones to appear this time around.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Colbus, I don't really have anything against Ridley. I had a really heated debate with someone to the point that its more of a personal vendetta with that user. If they can come up with a good moveset for Ridley I'd use 'em in a heart beat. Sorry if I offended you.

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
I think there is less chance for clones to appear this time around.
Very true, it seems like all the charaters that we important in a serie, but not as widely known as the main character, will be getting a shot at AT. And most characters where you had to think of an extremely strange moveset will now just need 1 simple attack. I hope they don't cut down on the AT or Ball-Pokemon because of the other 1 excisting, but seeing as they already had the AT implemented and working last years E3, I think there will be quite a lot of em.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
I think it's great, it fills in all the characters, that are not quite good enough to be a playable character. e.g. Pikmin, Dark Samus, Diddy Kong.....etc.
I do like them, but they make pokeballs crap.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Well the only pokemon we've seen really is Groudon, which takes up the entire platform and seems pretty effective. I don't think this will really devalue pokeballs. I maintain that they are jsut pokeballs 2.0

User33

Smash Journeyman
To clarify, here is what most likely happened.

1) The entire staff decided on a good character list
2) There were still some characters that they wanted to include, but didn't have room/a good enough moveset couldn't be made up
3) The idea of assist trophies was brought up to help include those characters.

I'm not worried at all

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
but seeing as they already had the AT implemented and working last years E3, I think there will be quite a lot of em.
You're pretty much the first and only person to point this out instead of just saying "eh, they had a bunch of leftover characters and decided to half-*** them into an item" like everyone else is.

I love the idea. There are millions upon millions of characters that, fan-favorites or not, just aren't cut out or worthy to be put in as a fighter. I'm glad they brought this idea about to take Smash's level of cameo appearance to the next step up.

BentoBox

Smash Master
and yet you think ridley will be an AT. i hate your forever for saying that:mad:

but i do agree. this gives me hope that characters i NEVER want to see playable (Toad, Tingle, Tom Nook) will at least be AT and i get quality characters (Diddy, Krystal, and of course Ridley) as playable fighters.

but i'm surprised people are yelling that Sonic or Megaman will be AT, and to those people, what the hell is wrong with you!? you know characters like that will be playable or not. it's the other characters of their series that will be AT. if sonic is in, you know Tails or Knuckles will be AT. but i'm really hoping Gray Fox or Liquid Snake will make an appearance like this.
No, what is wrong with -you-. You still have failed to realise that having too big expectations leads you to nothing. From your logic, if secondary characters of a series have big chances of being ATs, why couldn't Ridley be an AT aswell? This isn't about what -you- want in the game, by the way.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
To clarify, here is what most likely happened.

1) The entire staff decided on a good character list
2) There were still some characters that they wanted to include, but didn't have room/a good enough moveset couldn't be made up
3) The idea of assist trophies was brought up to help include those characters.

I'm not worried at all
Exactly. I agree with you alot, I think they had some of those left over characters that were just too good to not make an appearance.

BentoBox

Smash Master
That's why you guys need to stop speculating about which chars will be in the game or not because its pointless.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Then I guess I'll have to get used to the myriad of tear flows streaming down from this thread every time we'll learn about a new AT. >_>"

I'll be screaming Victory if Ridley turns out to be an AT. That would shut sooo many ppl's mouths~

schep

Smash Cadet
Dissin' Diddy? tsk tsk

I think it's great, it fills in all the characters, that are not quite good enough to be a playable character. e.g. Pikmin, Dark Samus, Diddy Kong.....etc.
I do like them, but they make pokeballs crap.
Um... why would Diddy not be playble? I can see him as possibly dominant. Le'ts hear a decent reason for your claim.:confused:

-Y-peace-Y-

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
It seems that, as people are theorizing, there will be no clones in Brawl. Sakurai must be really tightening the list if Samurai Goroh did not make it. Samurai Goroh may not be one of the top contenders, but he is requested a good deal of the time. And he was in the introduction of Melee as C.F's rival. So I think he was suggested as character (and his model is pretty intricate for a one shot item summon). But either his moveset was too stale or other characters had more potential, so he was sent to the AT pile.

Now here is an interesting theory.

LUIGI MIGHT BE AN ASSISTANT TROPHY!

Why?

Well for one Sakurai mentioned (perhaps as a joke) Luigi possibly returning. I forget what site or what interview, but I am sure someone can hunt it down. It is real and not a rumor.

So here is the (hypothetical) process. Sakurai is at the middle of the development process. Different teams came up with potential movelists on paper and rough computer models for many characters. Sakurai wants a creative, fun cast. So he has to pick the best characters from an entertainment perspective. Wario is in. He is not only wildly requested but has moves that offer something new (a vehicle move and a move that grows in strength based only on time). Metaknight, Pit, Zamus, and Snake each offer something. Metaknight perhaps taking Jiggs role as the aerial puff (I think she might be thrown in a pokeball this time around), Zamus perhaps taking Sheik's role, Pit being a dual weilder (with maybe an oppurtunity of having two A movesets), and Snake being a third party member who uses stealth and explosions to sway the battle in his favor.

But Luigi? He doesn't really offer that much. Right now he is just floating between Mario's coolness and Wario's wackiness. He can be given the vacuum, but a wind moveset based on suction and expulsion might best be given to King DeDeDe who has never been a Smash game before. So I think Luigi will be an AT.

That is my prediction. And I think Jiggs will be sent to the pokeball.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
Um... why would Diddy not be playble? I can see him as possibly dominant. Le'ts hear a decent reason for your claim.:confused:

-Y-peace-Y-
Because he's not good enough, he's more of a funny character, we got Wario for that, and I just don't like them. :p

BentoBox

Smash Master
He's not good enough according to what standards? Do I have to remind you that Game&Watch and Pichu made the cut in SSBM? You guys have yet to realise that your opinions don't hold much weight, at all.

Take it you don't like ridley.
It's not that I don't like it. I'm just agaisnt stupid assumptions and people that believe way too much in speculation they believe is right. "Ridley will surely be in because I think he's awesome". Right...

Sporkman

Smash Ace
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, and to be frank, I cant be ****ed to go through all the the previous posts as they come pretty fast. Anyway, Bowserlick said Goro is "requested a good deal of the time." which made me think, could this of been the reasoning behind Sakurai's character poll? Rather than actual playable characters? no doubt a mix of both, but I imagine most of the playable cast may have already been decided at the time.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Samurai Goroh would be broken. He'd have to be fast, and adding a sword to a fast character? Yeah, not really fair. He'd be like a faster, heavier, Meta-Knight.

About Ridley, didn't the Ridley boss fight music confirm it already? Yeah, he's awesome, which is why hes gonna be in. That's a pretty large basis for adding characters. Ganondorf? Awesome. Fox? Awesome. C. Falcon? Awesome.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Pichu, awesome?

And why would Goroh have to be fast? Because he rides a fast vehicule? He doesn't even have an athletic shape like c.f~

Khanczar

Smash Ace
It seems that, as people are theorizing, there will be no clones in Brawl. Sakurai must be really tightening the list if Samurai Goroh did not make it. Samurai Goroh may not be one of the top contenders, but he is requested a good deal of the time. And he was in the introduction of Melee as C.F's rival. So I think he was suggested as character (and his model is pretty intricate for a one shot item summon). But either his moveset was too stale or other characters had more potential, so he was sent to the AT pile.

Now here is an interesting theory.

LUIGI MIGHT BE AN ASSISTANT TROPHY!

Why?

Well for one Sakurai mentioned (perhaps as a joke) Luigi possibly returning. I forget what site or what interview, but I am sure someone can hunt it down. It is real and not a rumor.

So here is the (hypothetical) process. Sakurai is at the middle of the development process. Different teams came up with potential movelists on paper and rough computer models for many characters. Sakurai wants a creative, fun cast. So he has to pick the best characters from an entertainment perspective. Wario is in. He is not only wildly requested but has moves that offer something new (a vehicle move and a move that grows in strength based only on time). Metaknight, Pit, Zamus, and Snake each offer something. Metaknight perhaps taking Jiggs role as the aerial puff (I think she might be thrown in a pokeball this time around), Zamus perhaps taking Sheik's role, Pit being a dual weilder (with maybe an oppurtunity of having two A movesets), and Snake being a third party member who uses stealth and explosions to sway the battle in his favor.

But Luigi? He doesn't really offer that much. Right now he is just floating between Mario's coolness and Wario's wackiness. He can be given the vacuum, but a wind moveset based on suction and expulsion might best be given to King DeDeDe who has never been a Smash game before. So I think Luigi will be an AT.

That is my prediction. And I think Jiggs will be sent to the pokeball.
dude what the hell

BentoBox

Smash Master
As ******** as it may seem, that's pretty much what this whole community has been doing these past months. These boards got as stupid as nsiders'.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
He's not good enough according to what standards? Do I have to remind you that Game&Watch and Pichu made the cut in SSBM? You guys have yet to realise that your opinions don't hold much weight, at all.

It's not that I don't like it. I'm just agaisnt stupid assumptions and people that believe way too much in speculation they believe is right. "Ridley will surely be in because I think he's awesome". Right...
My standards, obviously, and what is so wrong with that, I don't think he's good enough but YOU may, this is called a difference of opinion, most opinions don't hold any weight, that's why there called opinions ffs, if you disagree with that, well, that's just your opinion;), also, there is absolutely nothing wrong with speculating who could be a secret character, by your logic we could shut half the forum down because dicussion on who's going to be in it and what level will be in is pointless, it's just you know, a bit of fun, fort hose not living in ashell of mundanity.:confused:.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
Maaaan, some of you just need to calm the **** down and stop the pointless debating.

While I'm posting, I'd like to comment on the kids who say "olol this confirms Captain Falcon for Brawl"

No ****. He was confirmed for Brawl the second SSB64 hit shelves, moron.

greenblob

Smash Lord
Maaaan, some of you just need to calm the **** down and stop the pointless debating.

While I'm posting, I'd like to comment on the kids who say "olol this confirms Captain Falcon for Brawl"

No ****. He was confirmed for Brawl the second SSB64 hit shelves, moron.
And so was Jigglypuff.

Remember kids, only Nsider idiots diss Jiggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom