• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I've seen people tossing around links that supposedly leads to some news story that says there won't be a demo. I think its balogna and I won't even waste my time looking at the link.

PS: I wasted my time, and there's no quotes, no transcripts of a speech from anyone, just an assertion that there will be no demo. I don't care how credible that blog is, even if there doesn't end up being a demo, that link doesn't have any fact to it at all.
eh really doesn't matter to me, as long as brawl appears in some form or another

burrito

Smash Lord
I've seen people tossing around links that supposedly leads to some news story that says there won't be a demo. I think its balogna and I won't even waste my time looking at the link.

PS: I wasted my time, and there's no quotes, no transcripts of a speech from anyone, just an assertion that there will be no demo. I don't care how credible that blog is, even if there doesn't end up being a demo, that link doesn't have any fact to it at all.
Now that I think about it, you're right. Is this blog trustworthy?

BentoBox

Smash Master
All they said is that SSBB won't be playable on E3. All you should really expect is a 45mins press conference; they don't have much time nor do they have any place to install booths and make ppl play their games like during the previous years~ Remember how they scaled down E3 in order to make it "less commercial"? That's all that it said. But sure, you can get your hopes up ;]

Nowhere does it say that they won't talk about it and even show a trailer, it just won't be playable.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I'm not saying I hope it's there, I just don't think people need to believe everything they see in a blog. It's just the other side of the coin as far as the "ZOMG BOWZER JR AND TEH RIDLEY R IN BRAWLZ!", it's jsut discrediting peoples hope for information.

So I plee. PEOPLE OF SWF! ONLY BELIEVE THE SOURCES OF YOUR BRAWL INFORMATION IF THEY ARE CREDIBLE. THAT MEANS QUOTES FROM PEOPLE WHO ARE INVOLVE, TRANSCRIPTS FROM A PRESS CONFERENCE, OR A SITE DIRECTLY LINKED WITH NINTENDO!

That is all. And I'm not trying to flame anyone or say anyone was wrong, BentoBox has had some great arguments on this thread and I respect you for it, keep doing what you do man.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Gotta love the update, bowser looks sick! In the good way :p
Is it just me or is his hitbox bigger than before in the screenshot were hes attacking fox? I dont use bowser so I wouldnt know...

"The biggest and the heaviest of fighters, Bowser has..."
Biggest? Heaviest? uh oh... dont like how thats sounds for ridley...

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Biggest does not mean tallest. Biggest refers to girth and weight. An elephant is bigger then a giraffe although a giraffe is taller. So Ridley culd easily be in. He is lankier, but he clearly does not weight more then Bowser. Remember he is built for flying. I just hope they don't pull a Mewtwo and make Ridley too light, but still a big target.

Because Bowser vs Ridley would be such an awesome battle.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Like I said on the wii thread, I dount those sources are true, they may be, but I wont believe anything til sakurai updates the site with that info, I bet if it were true sakurai would have already place it on the Notice Section...

Sporkman

Smash Ace
Bowser looks absolutely amazing. Good to see my favourite character in his new appearence. Gotta agree with you Stryks, the Koopa Claw seems to have changed, hopefully it still retains it's grab properties.

Long Live the Fox-Counter!

Black/Light

Smash Master
Maybe so. But hey, E3 is now alot smaller than it was before and we don't know the word on E4.

Interesting none the less.

But on the up dates. . .I find it interesting that he gave use a huge LoZ character update that came in melee last week and now a huge Mario character that came in melee this week. Personally, Im thinking M2 might come next week. . . but hey, what do I know :p.

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
I hope there's never a playable demo. I want to see massive cheers and/or jeers when the game comes out and people find out whether or not wavedashing is in the game :p

BentoBox

Smash Master
Why is WD such a big deal D:

And anyways I believe we've already been shown in the trailer that there will be a way to dash forward/backwards, motions that did resemble WDing a lot. We might not have to Airdodge into the ground this time around but something similar will definately be implemented from the looks of it.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I could care less if WDing was in it or not, doesn't really affect my game.
Wavedashing is so overrated, I just don't understand it. My stepbro and I did a 99 stocker the other night to kill time until the update, and we killed one of the computers super early, so while he was fighting the other one I tried to practice wavedashing. It actually slowed me down. But maybe that's just because I play Jigglypuff, and she's way faster in the air, IMO, and that's how I play her.

I guess it might be more useful for other characters, I just can't see utilizing it in an actual fight and having it be worth it.

charburner6

Smash Apprentice
I could care less if WDing was in it or not, doesn't really affect my game.
but it affects almost every fox/falco players game. Fanewgie, try playing them in a tournament without wavedashing out of shine.

Stryks

Smash Hero
So? sakurai aint gonna go "WAIT! keep wavedash, fox players and falcos will lose their game, keep it as it is"

Hell in sakurais post said character will change, so will mechanics, if WD is gone Ill have to start from scratch since I use WD for some of my combos, but dont really care, in brawl everyone will have a freash start, and thats what I like...

BentoBox

Smash Master
So? sakurai aint gonna go "WAIT! keep wavedash, fox players and falcos will lose their game, keep it as it is"

Hell in sakurais post said character will change, so will mechanics, if WD is gone Ill have to start from scratch since I use WD for some of my combos, but dont really care, in brawl everyone will have a freash start, and thats what I like...
And people also need to realize that SSBB isn't just going to be SSBM v2.0~

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
WD isn't a big deal to me. My post just referred to how it was a big deal towards others.

Wavedashing is so overrated, I just don't understand it.... I tried to practice wavedashing. It actually slowed me down. But maybe that's just because I play Jigglypuff, and she's way faster in the air, IMO, and that's how I play her.

I guess it might be more useful for other characters, I just can't see utilizing it in an actual fight and having it be worth it.
I do agree that it's overrated, but it's definitely useful. If it slowed down your ground movements then you were doing it wrong. It's not very important with Jiggly but WDing across the board should go faster than running.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Some thoughts on what was discussed a few pages back:

I don't think Bowser being labled as the biggest and the heaviest of fighters really rules out any other fighters that didn't already have poor chances.

The first logical choices that come to mind: DK isn't nearly as heavy and definitely more agile. DeDeDe would probably be a ton smaller than Bowser. Ridley, may be bigger and taller, but definitely more lighter.

Some more illogical choices: K.Rool is probably around the same size. Kraid is definitely huger, but an unlikely choice. Eggman? While definitely "fat", he's certainly not buff and heavy like Bowser is.

I think the only character this really rules out is pig-form Ganon, which I'm not sure was a likely option to begin with. Though he'd make a neat AT or even Ganondorf's Final Smash, although I think they'll steer clear of transformation Smashes... but we'll see.

Inkslinger

Smash Ace
If air dodges are in the game, i guarantee wavedashes are going to be in.

wd aren't that important anyway, shuffling is far more important which im certain will also be in.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
transformation smashes that are temporary is quite possible in my mind

technically pikachu "transforms" into a ball of lightning

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
Why is WD such a big deal D:

And anyways I believe we've already been shown in the trailer that there will be a way to dash forward/backwards, motions that did resemble WDing a lot. We might not have to Airdodge into the ground this time around but something similar will definately be implemented from the looks of it.
Yea,I stated something like that earlier.Guessing by the animations in the dust clouds that kick up after the new type of tech,and the # of times we seen it,its almost has to be something that can be done easy.I agree with ya.

Inkslinger:We cant be 100% sure on that.If they implement the ground with the same properties as the wall,then that means the old way of wavedashing is gone.Its the only way they can get rid of it really without too much character balancing or whatever it is they do to nerf things.

Inkslinger

Smash Ace
if they implement the properties of the floor to the wall consider air dodging a lot less useful, ever air dodged down toward the stage to trick people while being edgeguarded? if that implementation takes place you'll be in the air a lot longer make it useless for that purpose (which is also common among high level play and expands the limits of the game).

edit: i'll certainly want the game to change, but wd/shuffling are staying i don't even consider it opinion.

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
if they implement the properties of the floor to the wall consider air dodging a lot less useful, ever air dodged down toward the stage to trick people while being edgeguarded? if that implementation takes place you'll be in the air a lot longer make it useless for that purpose (which is also common among high level play and expands the limits of the game).
Exactly,hence being a new game,and not Melee 2.0 :laugh: But,as top players normally do,they try to find other ways of combat instead of using the same boring tactics once something been changed for the better.Cuz quite honestly,I havent seen a WD from a standing opponent yet in Brawl.Ive seen Wavelands for sure but...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
i'm uncaring towards the matter. i find advanced techniques help me sometimes, and other times it's a pain. really if they kept it cool, if removed, that's ok too
My thoughs esactly. If they keep WD, awsome, if its gone, its okay, if they replace it with one or more types of techs, then...well we'll have to wait to see how it turns out! But overall, I'm 95% sure it is going to return, since it's probably the same pyshics server as Melee. :)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I believe that Brawl will have the same engine as Melee.
AS do I, but of course upgraded in graphics, memory, and stuff like that. But even if it's not, it is obviously using a very similar one.

Edit: I just realized this is the 6,196th post on this thread...that is a lot, lol! :laugh:

Inkslinger

Smash Ace
No players won't find another way to combat as the example mentioned wasn't even an example of combat, but rather an example of defensive maneuvering. Of course brawl won't bee melee 2.0 nor do i want it to be, but it certainly has to be an improvement. Limiting airdodges is regressive and won't be an improvement.

I have not yet seen a waveland in any of the trailers, the examples that were shown of characters wavelanding have been fast dashing that appear like wavedashes. If there is a waveland in any of the trailers consider it in, ground wavedashing is practically the same.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I'm sure they could find a ton of ways to "fix" wavedashing. For example, give air dodging an actual landing animation like they did with (most of) the other paralyzing moves. Make all the characters' tractions the same as Ganondorf's was in SSBM. Make it so you can't airdodge if you can't fast fall etc. etc.

Also, Bowser looks awesome. X.x

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
No players won't find another way to combat as the example mentioned wasn't even an example of combat, but rather an example of defensive maneuvering. Of course brawl won't bee melee 2.0 nor do i want it to be, but it certainly has to be an improvement. Limiting airdodges is regressive and won't be an improvement.

I have not yet seen a waveland in any of the trailers, the examples that were shown of characters wavelanding have been fast dashing that appear like wavedashes. If there is a waveland in any of the trailers consider it in, ground wavedashing is practically the same.
Since the rolls are an improvement(look at Pits roll),theres no need to have any extra techniques that are just as fast imo.Sakuari said it himself that there are techniques to guard against recovery,and improving air combat(airdodging is more useful now).And what video were you watching by any chance? :confused:

Well,from what I seen so far,all the characters that did the waveland did it from falling,and not being stationary.Please also note that the animation dust that kicks up behind the character is way different from Melee(a blue ring aura circle appears brifly),meaning its must be something new to the game that all characters can share,hence Metaknight doing the same exact thing with his. :)

MarsBitrona

Smash Apprentice
If you think they’re all going to be the same as they have been, it’ll be rough for you.
Thank you, Sakurai, for putting the Smashboards in their place. Everyone overanalyzing and speculating every little move and technique needs to remember that this is a new game and a different game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom