• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
Put up his shield? It's clear that he's charging some type of smash, due to the purple energy.

They're both charging smashs, look at the caption below the picture.

Salaad

Smash Ace
Yeah, Links' Fsmash or w/e it is looks so awesome that I can't stop looking at it.

ZZS is hitting him with her blaster. xD

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
I think they might have changed Link's side smash.There's not a whole lot of other explanations.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Agreed, I hope it's his charged jump attack from TP, that was a sick move! I'm really hoping link is more mobile than last time around.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
While extra mobility would be nice... He actually was pretty mobile in Melee if you used certain techniques.

I personally hope they don't change him up too much from Melee. He was pretty much fine IMO.

What I'd really like to see is Snake's profile already!

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
I think any move that she can do with the gamecube pad, she can do with the wii-mote.
It got just as mush buttons lay out. This is what I think they will do with the gamecube pad to the wii-mote.

A=2 (Standard Attack)
tilt and A= back or forwards with the d-pad and 2 (Strong Attack)
tilt quickly and A= back, forwards, up or down and 1 and 2 (Smash Attack)
B=1
tilt and B= back, forwards, up or down and 1
Z= A (grab)
R or L = B (block)
up, y or x=up on the D-pad (jump)

Well this is what I think it will be like. I sorry if you find something wong with this.
Okay, you still didn't explain my question. How do you do Samus's Smash missiles vs her Homing missiles?

Homing missile = Tilt and B = forward and 1 on Wii-mote
Smash missile = Tap quickly and B = ???? on Wii-mote? Can't use forward+1+2 since that's already used for her forward Smash A attack. So how do you do it?

Answer: You don't, hence my assertion that Samus may no longer get 2 types of missiles because the Wii-mote control scheme can't do it in the setup this update demonstrated.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
I'd be sort of surprised that they would change up Link's moveset.Being one of the original 12 and changing his move(s) seems sort of strange.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Okay, you still didn't explain my question. How do you do Samus's Smash missiles vs her Homing missiles?

Smash missile = Tap quickly and B = ???? on Wii-mote? Can't use forward+1+2 since that's already used for her forward Smash A attack. So how do you do it?

Answer: You don't, hence my assertion that Samus may no longer get 2 types of missiles because the Wii-mote control scheme can't do it in the setup this update demonstrated.
Who said 1 will be B? You can't even argue something like that. You're making a pretty wild assertion off of your own assumption. Argue smart.

EDIT: I mean more agile* not mobile. He didn't have a bad recovery IMO. Less lag and not being about as slow as ganon would be nice.

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace

Smash Missile=Tap quickly and B="Hold" both foward+1 on Wiimote :)

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
Who said 1 will be B? You can't even argue something like that. You're making a pretty wild assertion off of your own assumption. Argue smart.
I didn't say 1 will be B, chiyo-chan' dad said that. I was saying that if that were the case, it still doesn't explain how Samus could do both missile types.

In my original post, I said that 1 was likely to map to B moves, but even if it wasn't, there is not enough buttons on the Wii-mote to allow for Smash A's AND Smash B's and all the other moves. Can you spell out a sensible control scheme that allows for tilts, jumps, dashing, smash A attacks, blocking/dodging, grabs, normal B attacks, AND smash B attacks on the Wii-mote based on what was already revealed in this update? If so, please counter my speculation with one. chiyo-chan' dad did not sufficiently counter it as he did not explain in his control scheme how to do a Smash B vs a normal B move.

Also, since there was only one character in Melee that actually had a Smash B attack (that works differently than their tilt B attack), I would find it much more likely that the one character will be changed to no longer need it than to potentially mess up one of the control schemes just so it can be used, or have that control scheme not be able to use the move at all.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
The only theory I would be pretentious enough to offer is that since smash attacks require a combination of tilt, 1, and 2 we can assume that a majority of the controls would be in combinations. What if 1's only purpose is to simulate the smashing of the the control stick, and + or - could be the special button, and R would act as the button that could (if these techniques exist still) shield or combined with 2, grab. I don't claim that it makes a whole deal of sense, but this scheme does use all of the buttons on the wiimote, maintains the "bumped/trigger" nature of the shielding button, and takes the '1 as smash' from the update.

There's my two cents.

BUT!!! Since that would require ridiculous finger speed and reach, what if B actually was B and you combined 1 and + or - for a grab? hmm... it seems like without all the info, we can't get all the info!

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace

I think I might know why that didn't answer your question, because I did not try to answer the question. I was just giving you a suggestion.

chiyo-chan' dad said:
I think any move that she can do with the gamecube pad, she can do with the wii-mote..
I said "I think", and I do think that, come do you really think Nintendo will make the Wii-mote disadvantaged.

The moves lay out was for evey one.

Smash missile = Tap quickly and B =(REMBER IT'S IMO) it might be Tap quickly on the D-pad and 1.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Yeah that's what my bet is. I could stand it if it were a good one like the OoT Medley. But I would definitely prefer a stage.

Blackadder

Smash Master
A stage would be great.
But I have a real hunch is tunes time.
I'd love another OOT piece, that one was wonderful!
But if there doing music today...I think it's star fox music...

Blackadder

Smash Master
Yeah, I guess so.
Stages are neat, really. But characters are even better.

I'm getting a little worried about the stages.
With all of them undergoing "changes" dunring a battle, it'll all get unbalanced I think. I just want a few stages that don't move or anything.
Just a nice normal stage, thats tournement legal.

Blackadder

Smash Master
(Oh, hey Cless.
How are the sigs coming alonge?)

I hope the music is from Star fox, poke'mon, or Pikmin :D
(Not to confirm Olimar (yuck) but to confirm a Pikmin stage)

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Yeah, I guess so.
Stages are neat, really. But characters are even better.

I'm getting a little worried about the stages.
With all of them undergoing "changes" dunring a battle, it'll all get unbalanced I think. I just want a few stages that don't move or anything.
Just a nice normal stage, thats tournement legal.
The ones that we have so far all seem like they could be tournament legal. They are all pretty simple with the exception that they move from simple point A to simple point B.

Blackadder

Smash Master
The ones that we have so far all seem like they could be tournament legal. They are all pretty simple with the exception that they move from simple point A to simple point B.
Yeah, but what if Sakurai and the stage development team go overboard?
"hey, lets make the stage move...then have it wobble...then tilt..then have koopas come out of the sky...in parachutes...with AK47s...and then make Zelda go spastic at this part, coz she can't take the action...then Link has a heart attack because of this...then the stage will begin to detirioate! Then make a war between Darleks and man break out...and have-ect."

Okay, thats on the edge of lunucy, but I found it amusing XD.
What I was saying is though, what IF they DO go overboard?

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
"hey, lets make the stage move...then have it wobble...then tilt..then have koopas come out of the sky...in parachutes...with AK47s...and then make Zelda go spastic at this part, coz she can't take the action...then Link has a heart attack because of this...then the stage will begin to detirioate! Then make a war between Darleks and man break out...and have-ect."

Wow. I have two things to say, and don't believe for a moment I say this in a mean way.
I seriously said 'what the F*** when I read that last post, but after it, I started to wonder a little. But I got over it. Look at the stages we've got. They move, but they are still simple platforms. Yoshi's leans a little, and it's got one platform above the main one like metal mario bros stage in SSB, but they essentially end up being flat stages.

greenblob

Smash Lord
I think I might know why that didn't answer your question, because I did not try to answer the question. I was just giving you a suggestion.

I said "I think", and I do think that, come do you really think Nintendo will make the Wii-mote disadvantaged.

The moves lay out was for evey one.

Smash missile = Tap quickly and B =(REMBER IT'S IMO) it might be Tap quickly on the D-pad and 1.
One problem: the d-pad isn't pressure sensitive. Unless you mean you do it like short hopping--letting go really quickly.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace

What? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

That's funny, but any way you say "IF they DO go overboard?", mmm.... I think their's lots of stages, so their going to be of good one's.

Salaad

Smash Ace
For all we know, Delfino Plaza looks like a Mute city. Lylat Cruise also looks tournament legal. Battlefield is just awesome and Yoshi's story looks good too. My only worry is that the stages will be more of a GAW stage or Mushroom Kingdom stage.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Wow. I have two things to say, and don't believe for a moment I say this in a mean way.
I seriously said 'what the F*** when I read that last post, but after it, I started to wonder a little. But I got over it. Look at the stages we've got. They move, but they are still simple platforms. Yoshi's leans a little, and it's got one platform above the main one like metal mario bros stage in SSB, but they essentially end up being flat stages.
Non offence taken XD (I like a good debate)
They may all be generaly flat stages, but I still have a fear that not enough stages will be any good for competitive play.
And you have to remember, there is lots of talk of making Brawl "n00b friendly".
What if many stages have things that HELP the players?

Salaad

Smash Ace
^^^ that would suck...I really just want to play on stages like YS, Lylat cruise, Battlefield, FD Pokemon Staduim (I hope they don't make too many transformations).
Once they tell us when Brawl comes out it's rush rush rush to gamestop to reserve a copy. The first thing I'm going to do is unlock characters!!!! yay!!!

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
One problem: the d-pad isn't pressure sensitive. Unless you mean you do it like short hopping--letting go really quickly.
I didn't know about the d-pad not being pressure sensitive, but yeah, do it like short hopping, letting go really quickly. Why not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom