• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
You hear that loud whining? That's the collective crying of all the Deoxys fanboys.(Including my own whining)

Sandy

Smash Champion
I liked Mewtwo as well, he was a hard character to be good with though and i think that's why people hated him, so for Deoxys being in a pokeball i am very happy with that if he was a playable character like a lot of people wanted that would have been stupid, we need Lucario! he must be playable, fighting/steel come on! :)

GenG

Smash Lord
Don't you think that creating 4 different designs for just one playable character - and them, fixing and aligning all - is kinda hard?
And, worse, that transforming in a **** different form and then coming back in the period of a neutral A - and every other attack - is nowai?
That could be done. Of course is more work, but is what made Deoxys special. If they couldn't afford that, then Deoxys isn't that special. Deoxys' traits are unique in the Pokemon universe.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I already knew Doexys wasn't gonna be in. He just seemed to complex to be a character. Still, this is becoming scary since popular characters are all in danger.

I guess we are left with Blaziken, Gardevoir, and Lucario. I don't think Meowth will be playable but anything can happen.

Let me go check the Deoxys thread.

ndlg

Smash Rookie
we keep talkin about this lucario bull... what about hitmonlee or hitmonchan... theyre made for this game.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I wonder if ness can eat Hyper beam? ^_^
He can't eat Sacred Fire in Melee. I know. I've tried. It was not tasty.

Sooo, I'm guessing not.

But you know, technically, Ness isn't even confirmed right now. So I could be totally off.

charburner6

Smash Apprentice
I'm not a pokemon fanatic, but i think he has arms. But, Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan won't be PCs any way, they don't deserve to be in.
Why not? They've been around since first season and they are perfect for a game like braw;. People would think jigz and pichu didnt deserve to be in smash, but as you see-

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Why not? They've been around since first season and they are perfect for a game like braw;. People would think jigz and pichu didnt deserve to be in smash, but as you see-
Jigglypuff was in because he/she was popular. Unlike Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan.

Pichu does not deserve to be in, he/she was thrown in last second.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
I'm one of the people who was glad to see Deoxys not in, but that said, it's kinda getting depressing how characters are getting de-confirmed left and right while no actual NEW characters are getting confirmed. There was so much excitement about Meta Knight, Pit, ZS Samus, Snake, and even Wario back during the first huge unvieling of Brawl, and ever since then, the only "new" characters we've had confirmed have been Fox, Donkey Kong, Bowser, regular Samus, and Zelda (all characters we generally knew were going to get in, anyways). How... friggin'... boring.

There's no need to tell you, I'm a fridge, goddam
I'm one of the people who was glad to see Deoxys not in, but that said, it's kinda getting depressing how characters are getting de-confirmed left and right while no actual NEW characters are getting confirmed. There was so much excitement about Meta Knight, Pit, ZS Samus, Snake, and even Wario back during the first huge unvieling of Brawl, and ever since then, the only "new" characters we've had confirmed have been Fox, Donkey Kong, Bowser, regular Samus, and Zelda (all characters we generally knew were going to get in, anyways). How... friggin'... boring.
QFT except for the deoxys part. we havent any newcomers in over a year. a confirmation and the rejoicing of a fanbase is so much better than a de-confirmation and the downfall of a fanbase.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
To all 15 or so people who just got a warning:

One liners are bad, mmkay?

Bad post: "Yay Lucario!"

Good Post: "With every confirmation of a legendary pokemon, it seems more likely that Lucario will be playable. But then again, maybe he suffers from the same problem as Ridley. If Ridley is confirmed, then we will totally see Lucario. Or something. All I know is, all you Deoxys fans now know what it's like to be a Samurai Goroh fan."

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
scav i would like to play you some time i live in houston pm me and set something up
On topic i hate deoxys with a passion my friend beats me with them he has two... Honestly if non of the pokemon of the poke poll show up i would laugh...:):psycho:

Zeela12

Smash Ace
personally I have no main objections or any friendliness towrds ridly, he's just the 2nd most appearing character in Metroid that's all, I guess it would be cool to see him here but if he doesn't make it, I'm not going to go cry.

back on topic with the new updates, FINALLY Deoxys NOT a character, that makes me so happy. All the legendary pokemans are so overrated.

beta_prime

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I don't really care that much about Deoxys. I wanted him in instead of Mewtwo, but I want Lucario more than Mewtwo or Deoxys. The only people i'll be sad are deconfirmed are the ones in my sig.

There's no need to tell you, I'm a fridge, goddam
Yeah I don't really care that much about Deoxys. I wanted him in instead of Mewtwo, but I want Lucario more than Mewtwo or Deoxys. The only people i'll be sad are deconfirmed are the ones in my sig.
if sonic is de-confirmed to AT status, u can kiss brawl and smashboards goodbye, cuz the fanboy mob will eat the living **** out of it.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Sakurai has killed one of my hopefuls of playable characters for brawl, If I see wolf, dark samus, lucario or ridley as ATs/pokeball pkmn im gonna freaking nuke nintendo...

beta_prime

Smash Journeyman
The only one you should be worried about Stryks is most likely Dark Samus. The rest have a pretty good chance.

AtticusFinch

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai has killed one of my hopefuls of playable characters for brawl, If I see wolf, dark samus, lucario or ridley as ATs/pokeball pkmn im gonna freaking nuke nintendo...

Please, Take me with you......

Anyway, I'm sad he is an Pokemon ball thing, but he looks like a fun one.

Del Money

Smash Champion
@ JohnKnight1 and that other dude he made a bet with
that bet was pretty bad. lucario being playable could do either way just like most of the 3rd party characters, including Sonic. IMO i dont think lucario will be playable just because Mew had a fanbase about as big as Mewtwo's and Mew never made PC status in melee

as for pokemon in general, heres some stats:

majority of people who will buy and play brawl have played previous SSB games so they likely fall within the age group 10+

majority of people who still watch pokemon and play the games fall with in the age group 4-10

i dont think the pokemon fanbase is gonna have a huge effect on playable pokemon characters. itll probably be up to nintendo who may or may not decide to throw in atleast one recent pokemon as playable.

side note-tonights update: link special moves FTL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom