• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's in a name

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
This thread is the result of curiosity and boredom. Simply put, there are a lot of people with interesting names in Socal... names like Lovage, Mango, Replicate, etc. etc. So I wanted to know.... how did you come up with your name? Did it just sort of start as a nickname and stick? What's your real first name?

I was very uncreative with my name and as a result I just stuck my first name and main together

Dante + Fox= Dantefox
Yes that is pretty lame, I know.

Feel free to answer this thread seriously or however.... I'm just interested in this sort of thing....

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Jmex

Short for James the Mexican

Since not alot of mexicans have a name like James. :)

rudeezy

Smash Journeyman
it was going to be the lame snoop dogg stereotype of adding "-izzle" to words, but my friend was like, it would be better as Rudeezy. i didn't really think much of it until i started registering for forums, and since i can't think up names i just used it and thats it!

short answer: im an idiot.

Zoap

Smash Master
Chose a random word, knew b4 i chose the word that I was going to replace the first letter wit X, Y or Z. Xoap, Yoap are not nearly as cool as Zoap.

Shroomed

Smash Master
muSHROOMED? that's creativity for you

made more sense (if it makes sense at all) when i mained mario instead of doc

Finding Waldo

Smash Apprentice
Finding Waldo is my X-box Live name. (Unfortunately, my 360 was taken away, and the name is only a Silver Membership, so I haven't played Live with, I just wanted to have it for my own.) I created it for Halo, specifically for when I am doing well. "You were Beat Down by Finding Waldo", or "You were assassinated by Finding Waldo." He is High Profile, I suggest leaving him alone.

Johnathon, if it means anything.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Zoap is the coolest of the three. :)

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
neighborhood p = another name for Pusha T, aka Pusha Terrence, aka one half of Clipse, the best rap group in terms of drug raps

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
i always thought it was because you live in the 'neighborhood of pomona'.

i guess just a coincidence?
LMAO

Anyways, I get this question often. My name is Jason Eaglin (ee-glen) and my friend could never pronounce me and my brother's last name right and he called us the Englands. I'm the younger brother so he calls me Little England and my older brother Big England. The name has just stuck with me since the 6th grade....7 years ago =P

replicate

Smash Lord
ok so in maybe 7th grade I played amplitude

and I really liked the band "symbion project" (which is the guy who makes the beats and synths for freezepop), so I made an aim name

and I called it "symbionreplicate" because I thought replicate sounded really really cool when I was a little kid

It wasn't until later when I found out that "replicate" is a verb and not a noun, and replica sounded too gay for my little kid tastes

I just registered for everything as replicate on the internet and then eventually changed my tournament name to it because it was easier than going by different names

and fly amanita *****

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
An interesting thread.

There is a long history behind my name which I'm not in the mood to get into but I'll explain what it means.

Kouryuu is Japanese for "hidden genius." It also means "dragon of the tempest/rain."

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
An interesting thread.

There is a long history behind my name which I'm not in the mood to get into but I'll explain what it means.

Kouryuu is Japanese for "hidden genius." It also means "dragon of the tempest/rain."
Isn't it funny how this post is so Kouryuu?

LMAO, your tag for a video game is SO pretentious, it's you summed up in one little ball. Isn't it great how that all works out?

mio

Smash Ace
My full name is Emiliano "Mio" Vazquez (actually it's longer but that's not important). My family and friends sometimes call me Emiliano when they want to get my attention, but mostly everyone knows me as Mio.

Mio is a common Chinese boy's name, and it also means "mine" in Spanish. My mom used to call me Mio when I was young, and I thought it was cooler and easier for people to try and pronounce than Emiliano every freaking time, so the name stuck. In various communities that I've been in (Street Fighter, DDR, Smash) I just used Mio because I thought it was fitting enough to be both an alias and a name that everyone would know and call me by.

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
My smash name isn't Havokbringer, it's actually Ky,

For all those Guilty Gear players out there they know who Ky is and if you don't then that just means you have to go and play some Guilty Gear.

Also ALOT of people make the mistake that I actually called my self after a certain masturbating cream.

*cough*Quak*cough*

Anyways I've gotten tired of corrcecting people so I just go with and so it turns out I have 2 names:

Ky(like Kai but spelled differently) and K.Y. Jelly.........

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
My smash name isn't Havokbringer, it's actually Ky,

For all those Guilty Gear players out there they know who Ky is and if you don't then that just means you have to go and play some Guilty Gear.

Also ALOT of people make the mistake that I actually called my self after a certain masturbating cream.

*cough*Quak*cough*

Anyways I've gotten tired of corrcecting people so I just go with and so it turns out I have 2 names:

Ky(like Kai but spelled differently) and K.Y. Jelly.........
kokuda kokuda kokuda kokuda

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
I'll clear this up since everyone thinks Kira is my real name

If you go on AllisBrawl it's easy to see where I got my name from

Anyway, I got it from Death Note, the best anime I've ever seen (which is not saying much). Plus some people think I look like L. Then again, everyone seems to know someone who looks "just like me" ... especially if you know psychomidget or embracethe12 (anyone with glasses and longer hair looks like me basically)

Also I always thought L was way more cool but since tags in Melee allow up to 4 letters I thought I should fill them all up (seemed like a good idea at the time)

Live action movie:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom