• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's in a name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charoo

Smash Champion
My name is Edrees and there's this candy call reese's pieces

so I name myself EdreesesPieces

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
LMAO, your tag for a video game is SO pretentious, it's you summed up in one little ball. Isn't it great how that all works out?
Kouryuu is practically my nickname outside of Smash. I wanted to come up with a gaming name but I figured I might as well use my nickname instead.

I don't know why you think it's so pretentious. It's just a Japanese name =\

Gosu_Engineer

Smash Ace
Gosu is the korean colloquialism meaning talented and/or experienced. The english equivalent is being called pro, the opposite being chobo or hasu (english equivalent: noob)

and at the time I was an engineering major and really big on playing TF2 as an engineering class so it really fit.

hence Gosu_Engineer

as far my real life names, I have many...I prefer just AJ, or (if you can remember) my korean name but I won't put that here.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Of all the smashers, I'm curious as to how embracethe12 came up with his name.

Gosu_Engineer

Smash Ace
where i come from, gosu means "god of starcraft units"
guess i'm the only one who still plays kinda .'/

well it's a general term as they play more games than starcraft in Korea...although starcraft is undoubtably the most popular at this point. I've heard it applied to other games in korea. and where are you from and how would you know that?

I still play, but I haven't done ICCuP in a while. there are some people on the forums that still play. Nuada, SloT, Alphican, to name a few

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
Of all the smashers, I'm curious as to how embracethe12 came up with his name.
he likes little kids.

Ky Kiske: Coconut! Coconut! Riiutoseibaa! Take ya to the movies!!!

RAIIIDO DA RIITNIIINNNGGGG!!!

if you havent seen the 5 minute ova its pretty god **** hilarious

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Embrace, if you come on the DC++ Smash Hub most of us play SC a couple times a week.

Testament's special: I FOUND A BURRITO!

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
Someone mispronounced my last name, Nguyen, at tournament. Hence...yeah.

And don't get nosy, people, take em as you get em. ;P

Naota21t

Smash Champion
Well.... I love FLCL.

Yea, thats about it.

But since no one can pronounce Naota (now-tah) they just say Nuh-oh-tah.

good ****.

kamekasu

Smash Ace
I was at the zoo or something and I saw this turtle that had this HUGE *** TURD lying next to it. Like, just this MONSTROUS turd. It was green and orange and had a ton of different sparkly objects embedded in it. And I thought to myself, ****, that it is one fine turd.

So my name means turtle ****

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Kanzaki Urumi from Great Teacher Onizuka.

That was back then when I was into the Anime, now I mainly go around with the alias "SupaTony". My name's Tony, and 'supa' sounds like a fob version of "Super", so meh. Only place that I go as "Kanzaki" now is on Smashboards, and anything related.

embracethe12

Smash Lord
well it's a general term as they play more games than starcraft in Korea...although starcraft is undoubtably the most popular at this point. I've heard it applied to other games in korea. and where are you from and how would you know that?
I still play, but I haven't done ICCuP in a while. there are some people on the forums that still play. Nuada, SloT, Alphican, to name a few

Embrace, if you come on the DC++ Smash Hub most of us play SC a couple times a week.

Testament's special: I FOUND A BURRITO!
it's nice to see some people know their ****.
lots of times when i bring it up people are like, "oh yeah i've played that, i'm pretty good"
only to find out they exclusively play use map settings games (which are REALLY fun and i do play them more than regular matches)

basically what i'm trying to get at is i wish we could do back to 2002 when starcraft was the big internet game along with diablo 2 expansion. i still play starcraft (not on battlenet due to lag), but just LAN games or i 2v2 at my friends house and we do teams against decent people from guilds. Matches take very long when everyone knows what they're doing. Probably 2-3 matches happen in an 8hour period.

i literally used to be godly at diablo 2 expansion though. i was ranked 11 on bnets "pk beware" list lol. 99 barb "Claw-Deathtrap" teleport charges **** peoples ****.

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
I always though Potemkin's Slide Head was "strike-o hit-o"

steven teach me how to get my micro back and ill get good at sratcraft

embracethe12

Smash Lord
i haven't checked onto starcraft in a while. i gotta get my stuff in gear.
can you drive gosu? we should play (anygame)

Smot

Smash Apprentice
My smash boards name, smot, comes from when me and my room mate would get hella high and play as poke and smot. Well he kinda stopped playing and I dont smoke nearly as much as I used to but I still wanted something that would be related to marijuana and also describe how good I am. So I started playing with the tag "Dank". I also use dank to describe everyday items all the time... like "OMG that in-n-out was hella dank!"
I get a lot of weird reactions when ever people see my tag...

DanteFox

Smash Champion
So what's the story behing Mango's name? I remember watching a teams match where phil and hmw said they would tell the story on the commentary, but I don't believe they did.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I'm such a boring person :(

I guess Squirtle, just cuz Danny thinks I look like Squirtle.

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
My friend & I were into latin roots, so we made up our screen names (freshman year of high school) by combining the roots.

When you translate every root from latin to english, you'll see some type of Native-American name:

Lun = moon
In = without
Spectra = light

Dances with wolves. Moon without light.

There's a bunch of translations and there are many ways to translate it, my name could have been:

luna vacuus lux lucis

But it wasn't as naturally cool as luninspectra.

Zoap

Smash Master
everyone knows rey just copied jeff and now made up an elaborate story to make it seem like he is original :)

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Well mien was originally stabbebdyahippie which I came up without of boredom then The Greater Leon said he would give me $5 to change my name to stabbedbyanipple.

I'll get those 5 dollars eventually.

VANS

Smash Ace
my name is Vanessa
when i first played melee and found out that u could put ur own name in, i thought it was so cool
but because it only had 4 slots, and i always use my real name for games
it looked like this: VANE
which wasnt pretty
so i just changed the E to the next letter and it became
VANS

then a few years later i found out that it was a shoe company and i got sad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom