• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's it going to take to convince SWF to take me seriously, hm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Reposted since the previous topic was wrongfully closed.
Yes, I'm WELL known for being a troll, and or complaining a lot, but those days have past. As I grow older, get better, and contribute more and more to the community, it irks me more and more how little respect I get, and how everyone assumes every post I make is some sort of troll post, especially since I'm known for posting radically contrary opinions on many different topics, despite how many high, and top level players actually agree, and share my view points. I find it especially MORE irritating when said players post the same thing I did a month back and all of swf is like HERP DERP WE KNEW THAT ALL ALONG when I had been criticized for posting the same thing in the past.

So SWF, what is it going to take for people to look at my posts for what they are? NONE of my posts have some sort of subtle troll content in them. I'm a very honest, blunt, even tactless person. I post what comes to mind, and I don't bother filtering any of it. I really hate when I bring up a different viewpoint of a topic everyone assumes I'm just attempting to gather attention to myself, when I'm really just bringing my $.02 to the table, and aren't taken seriously because of it.

Obligitory inb4. I'm expecting people to misinterpret this topic as well. This is NOT a cry for attention, or anything remotely similar. I'm honestly interested in what it's going to take for people to start taking my posts seriously. I don't care if I'm still disrespected, or even gain MORE disrespect, I just want for people to take me seriously.

Also, to address the last post of the previous topic:

I'm not begging. I have changed as a person. What I'm trying to do is find out what it's going to take to get OTHER people to take me seriously.

@Mic: This is melee related since I am trying to get the melee players to take my melee-related posts seriously, and will continue to remake this thread until I get the desired result.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
I don't care if you don't like me, I just want people to take my posts seriously.
No one is going to take your posts seriously if you cannot correctly read the posts of others. Mic clearly asked you to remake this elsewhere. >_<

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
No one is going to take your posts seriously if you cannot correctly read the posts of others. Mic clearly asked you to remake this elsewhere. >_<
And I stated very clearly that this thread is melee material. :)

Just stop trolling.
I like to imagine what swf would be like without 6 troll posts per page
Want to know the truth? I'm an unintentional troll. It is EXTREMELY rare that I ever put forth any conscious effort to troll people. People just get unwittingly trolled by my blunt, and often contrary posts.

Maybe if SWF as a whole would look at my posts for what they are instead of assuming I'm a troll or anything else, this wouldn't be a problem. :)

The Star King

Smash Hero
Let me make this blunt, if that's how you roll: You're often a douchebag. People don't WANT to take you seriously. Saying to themselves that you're just trolling helps them maintain a healthy blood pressure, if you catch my drift.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Then maybe you should put forth effort to actually make good posts (OR THREADS!)
I do make very good, informative posts and topics, but people overlook that due to my negative reputation. Even back in 06/07 when I was completely new and tried to seek advice, or bring my thoughts to the table, nobody would take me seriously because I wasn't a known, reputable player.

I find it sickening that when I say something, it gets rejected, then another, more reputable person says the EXACT. ****ING. THING. and they hop on their **** like the second coming. I've dealt with this **** since 07 and it needs to stop.

Doser

Smash Ace
Why do you crave attention so much? This is probably the worst thing you could do to prove that you aren't a troll or immature.

finalcloud13

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, what The Star King said.

BTW, letting you know before you waste more of your time and energy, nobody gains respect by asking for it so if you don't have it now, you still haven't done enough.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Why do you crave attention so much? This is probably the worst thing you could do to prove that you aren't a troll or immature.
I don't crave attention. All I ask is for people to take my posts seriously. How ****ing difficult is it to take my post for what it is, instead of trying to find some deeper meaning?

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Yeah, what The Star King said.

BTW, letting you know before you waste more of your time and energy, nobody gains respect by asking for it so if you don't have it now, you still haven't done enough.
I'm not asking for respect per-se, I'll gain that on my own. I'm asking people to TAKE. ME. SERIOUSLY.

It's obvious to me through the 4 years I've been active on SWF that just constantly making good and informative posts and topics is not going to cut it, so I'm asking for input.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Let me make this blunt, if that's how you roll: You're often a douchebag. People don't WANT to take you seriously. Saying to themselves that you're just trolling helps them maintain a healthy blood pressure, if you catch my drift.
Yes I know that I'm often a douchebag, but I don't care. I have always been a brutally honest person. It's done me far more good then bad in my life, so I don't intend on changing that.

I shouldn't be treated like a troll or a child just because I approach things differently than everybody else. SWF should learn to accept me for what I am.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
And I stated very clearly that this thread is melee material. :)

Want to know the truth? I'm an unintentional troll. It is EXTREMELY rare that I ever put forth any conscious effort to troll people. People just get unwittingly trolled by my blunt, and often contrary posts.

Maybe if SWF as a whole would look at my posts for what they are instead of assuming I'm a troll or anything else, this wouldn't be a problem. :)
an unintentional troll is not a troll at all, look these things up before you post about them (not that im surprised, youre posts are always mis/underinformed and stupid).
what youre talking about is what most people refer to as a ****ing ******
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=****ing+******

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
2/10 Try again
See, it's posts like this I dislike. You're unwilling to take me seriously due to my infamous reputation. I do make good posts and threads, but you're unwilling to accept something contrary to your beliefs.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
It's just hard to just give someone a clean slate when they demand it. Especially when its a trolling tone.

This is something that you must show and prove to us. It cannot just happen.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
an unintentional troll is not a troll at all, look these things up before you post about them (not that im surprised, youre posts are always mis/underinformed and stupid).
what youre talking about is what most people refer to as a ****ing ******
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=****ing+******
On the contrary most of my posts are extremely correct and well informed. Nearly every high caliber player I speak with agrees 100% with most of my views, but it's people like you who refuse to accept this based on my negative reputation, and the fact that I'm not a reputable player, even though the facts, as well as my own opinion are there.

It's just hard to just give someone a clean slate when they demand it. Especially when its a trolling tone.

This is something that you must show and prove to us. It cannot just happen.
I'm not asking for a clean slate. I'm asking for people to take my posts seriously.

Also; If just making good, informative posts was the key to getting people to take me seriously, this would NEVER have EVER been an issue.

Lovage

Smash Hero
Want to know the truth? I'm an unintentional troll. It is EXTREMELY rare that I ever put forth any conscious effort to troll people

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLlLLLLLLL

so rubyris was just a fairly dumb kid who acts like he knows stuff all along * SHOCKER

what a sick call by pretty much everyone in the smash community that reads his gay *** posts

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLlLLLLLLL

so rubyris was just a fairly dumb kid who acts like he knows stuff all along * SHOCKER

what a sick call by pretty much everyone in the smash community that reads his gay *** posts
I don't act like I know stuff, I DO know stuff. You, and the majority of the community just unwilling to admit that. I'm sorry that you dislike me because I'm blunt and often a douchebag, but I would greatly appreciate it if you would look past that and take me seriously.

I fail to see how unintentional trolling has ANYTHING to do with my level of smash knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom