• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's one thing you hate about your Main?

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
DK's dair SERIOUSLY does not belong in this game. The startup lag was workable in Melee because of l-canceling to take care of end-lag.. but in Brawl the move is just preposterously slow at both ends. Comes in handy for a situational spike but Fair is usually far superior for that.

Also I miss the old Melee spinning kong with the massive hitbox behind him on startup. That thing destroyed. I can't complain too much though because that move has other buffs (super armor anyone?).

Overall I love DK so much that I barely play other characters, ever. He's too fun.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
His taunts are outrageously bad.

(Let's have some fun. Can you guess who it is?)

It's...............................Lucas! Good job!

Ryazan

Smash Ace
The fact that everyone thinks people who main him are noobs and the fact that people hate him just because they're too stupid to figure out how to beat an Angel Ring spammer.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
One HUGE downside to maining pokemon trainer is when one of your pokemon gets tired and they lose a great amount of killing potential, which forces you to switch to a pokemon who is at a disadvantage in the current matchup. Trust me, it happens a lot, and it bugz the heck outta me.

Ban3

Smash Journeyman
is fighting for his friends at Sugar Land TEXAS
One HUGE downside to maining pokemon trainer is when one of your pokemon gets tired and they lose a great amount of killing potential, which forces you to switch to a pokemon who is at a disadvantage in the current matchup. Trust me, it happens a lot, and it bugz the heck outta me.
well then combos are easier cuz their is less knockback lol

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
No honest-to-goodness main, so just a few random favs and my least-fav aspects of them.

Diddy: His short-hop is just high enough that when you hop, you have to wait a split-second before activating his Dair for it to hit your opponent. Most opponents are short enough to be just below it's reach otherwise.

Sheik: I like it when it's useful, but most of the time I'm not a fan of her Dair dive.

Kaptain O: You guessed it; tether recovery.

Kaptain F: His knee is a bit more difficult to sweet-spot, but his improved recovery does make me smile.

Falco: Dair sweet-spotting is more difficult.

Fox: It's not a major strategic handicap... but... *sniff* ... I kinda miss his Dgrab to shine, I'm not even sure why...

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
well then combos are easier cuz their is less knockback lol
When my opponent is weak, the object of the game is to kill, not combo. Try killing someone with a tired Squirtle. You have to get the opponent to a very high percentage just to knock em out. It works both ways, but the majority of the time, it works against you.

Ramgigon

Smash Journeyman
This is where I put whether or not I like Brawl
Hmm...

Yoshi's grab is most likely the worst in Brawl.
Yoshi's Up Smash's hitbox isn't wide enough.
Yoshi's Yoshi Bomb misses a big spot in front of him, a bit beyond the range of its first attack.
Yoshi's Egg Throw is not nearly as good, overall.
Yoshi's Egg Roll is just useless.
Yoshi's Egg Lay throws foes too high.
Ness' PK Fire goes down too much.

That's about it.

VEC

Smash Journeyman
I hate Luigi's Mathcups, he gets owned by a lot of ppl , but I love the playing as him ( NO HOMO )

jakeadactyl

Smash Apprentice
i hate that his game will never be translated and brought to the U.S... and i am not talking about marth =[[[[[

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
She has a flailing ninja attached to her.

And to whoever said lightning kick got nerfed: Lolt.wut? No

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
Lucas's Pk thunder is SO HARD to control in a laggy wifi match. It almost always ends up being aimed down instead of up...

PK Blunder!

MassivCarnage

Smash Rookie
Ike has absolutely pitiful recovery moves. Though despite what I've been told numerous times, Ike isn't that slow. He gets me to where I need to go within the right amount of time.

Roller

Smash Legend
Lucas's Pk thunder is SO HARD to control in a laggy wifi match. It almost always ends up being aimed down instead of up...

PK Blunder!
I have the solution! Use someone good!

No, realy. Someone who can be chaingrabed infinitely is obviously gonna have some problems.

And why wouldn't being chain grabbed infinitely be your biggest problem? That is like, the BIGGEST problem.

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
Well, for each of the characters I play as...

ROB: I wish his dsmash had more knockback (like three times as much). Then he'd be puuuurfect. Because then I'd have a quick killing move.

Lucario: Nothing, really. Except maybe his recovery would do some freaking damage? Yeah, that sounds about right, and maybe make clinging to a wall with his upB easier too, for if the opponent is on the edge at FD, recovering is a *****.

Yoshi: That I suck at aiming.

Marth: Um, nothing, really, except maybe a few more pixels of range for when I fsmash. and miss. By like three pixels literally.

MK: Not much, except making his sword longer, like three times as long. So then I wouldn't miss. SCREW BALANCE!

Bowser: Nothing, really, except better vertical recovery.

Squirtle: I hate it when I get gimped.

Ivysaur: I hate the tethering. Though spiking your opponent with it and winning the match right before you die is sweet.

Pikachu: That I suck with this character.

Yes, I'm aware that the MK one was silly.

~rh

Smash Lord
Everyone thinks he's gay. D:

Spikes are not lcancelable in this game, so i have to be very careful when to use them. Thats about it.

habaker91

Smash Apprentice
it's probably been posted a good 8 billion times, but olimar's recovery just makes me mad

ForteX

Smash Journeyman

PK Blunder!
I've gotten to a point where lag doesn't bother my PK Thunder as much as it does everything else. I guess it's just constant practice. (Somehow though, in a completely lagless wifi match, I PKT'd myself backwards. argh match coster...)

I don't really like how slow Lucas' grab is. I think that's his only flaw. If he had Ness' grab, he'd be unstoppable.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
I don't like the fact that Squirtle doesn't have a meteor smash. Gimping would be so easier.

Blazer

Smash Ace
-hits over B and goes flying at a 45 degree angle spiking his opponent as he goes- -lands an inch away from being able to grab the ledge- ...Wolf, why? Just why?

Top Bottom