• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's something you just got into? (Activity, talent, sport, tv show, game, etc)

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
WHAT IS IT!? TELL ME! :mad088:

Soooooo In my perpetually unintentional quest to become a better pirate I have picked up the mini melodeon (AKA ****** toy accordion).

yar it be a puny squeezebox, but can play some mean tunes! teehehoo

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I didn't get into anything new but I rekindled my interest in making sprites and watching anime. I've been too busy to watch more anime due to classes but I sprite in my free time. Here are some old examples of what I've done.
smwtoystory.png
smwtoystory7.png
smwtoystory2.png

I'm thinking of making an Art Emporium thread showcasing my work.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Reading my first ever comics: The Walking Dead!

Just over half-way through this bad boy currently.
http://www.amazon.com/The-Walking-Dead-Compendium-One/dp/1607060760

In the past 3 months I've also done a bunch of hiking in Colorado (my new home state). There's 58 of these 14,000ft peaks in the Rockies and I've conquered 6 of them.

Lastly, I've begun to post here at Smashboards again! Unless things have changed drastically, this is a wonderful online community and I'm happy to be back.

Chainz

Sleepy Chainz
Premium
3DS FC
1075-1816-9029
Been working out a bit more again. I don't have any equipment with me tho. So I try to do as much as I can. Like push ups, sit ups, running etc.

Wish I had the money for a gym membership. That would probably help more.

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
I'm beginning to swim more. It's actually a really fun and surprisingly refreshing activity. It is also a great way to work out, Chainz Chainz . :)

Besides that, I'm pretty much doing nothing new. Now that I think about it, I really should look into a new activity in the mean time.

Last edited:

Chainz

Sleepy Chainz
Premium
3DS FC
1075-1816-9029
I'm beginning to swim more. It's actually a really fun and surprisingly refreshing activity. It is also a great way to work out, Chainz Chainz . :)
Tbh, its been a real long time since I went swimming, lol. Should definitely go one of these days before winter hits. Be a nice change of pace.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
A month or two ago, I got interested in this show called Rick and Morty. And I can tell you that it is an amazing show. The characters are memorable, the life lessons are brilliant, and their episodes are truly outstanding. It only has 2 seasons up to now, but a third season is planned.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
A month or two ago, I got interested in this show called Rick and Morty. And I can tell you that it is an amazing show. The characters are memorable, the life lessons are brilliant, and their episodes are truly outstanding. It only has 2 seasons up to now, but a third season is planned.
I love Rick and Morty. Delightfully raunchy.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
If there is one thing that the world is lacking these days, it's definitely raunch.

I finally got a DSI for the first time ever. Flipnote rocks, it's more fun for me than animating in Flash (I've always wished for a pixel mode in Flash 8). Also too bad the Hatena went down eons ago.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
I finally got a DSI for the first time ever. Flipnote rocks, it's more fun for me than animating in Flash (I've always wished for a pixel mode in Flash 8). Also too bad the Hatena went down eons ago.
Flipnote was basically the only reason why i wanted a dsi xl. (except for online games and downloadable games) I was so upset that Hatena went down too. To make matters worse, I couldn't transfer my flipnotes! (or search it up on hatena to put code on my 3ds) The only way to transfer is to upload flipnotes and remember ID code. So I am holding onto my dsi just for the flipnotes. :glare: This is a pain...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Getting [more] interested in the tech side of things since the year started. I haven't done anything noteworthy right now, besides sketching my next avatar. Yesterday, I did this in response to unused elements found in Super Mario Maker out of boredom.

Zaabrey

Smash Apprentice
There's this guy name Lazy Masquerade on the YouTube Channel, and I am just fascinated hearing him narrate other peoples true horror stories and experience from crazed stalkers to encountering serial killers!

Always keeps me at the edge of my seat. I always be sure to have a bowl of M&Ms or Ding-Dongs before listening to him.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
There's this guy name Lazy Masquerade on the YouTube Channel, and I am just fascinated hearing him narrate other peoples true horror stories and experience from crazed stalkers to encountering serial killers!

Always keeps me at the edge of my seat. I always be sure to have a bowl of M&Ms or Ding-Dongs before listening to him.
True horror stories? Boy, I don't think it's possible for me to sit through something like that. How are you not affected?

Zaabrey

Smash Apprentice
True horror stories? Boy, I don't think it's possible for me to sit through something like that. How are you not affected?
It's kind of hard to say, so I'll give you some real life scenarios that got me into that sort of thing.

1) When I was a little, my fear was tested by older girls in a sleep over that if I want to hangout in the same living room with them, I have to watch through Jason and Freddy Kruegar. They told me not to be under the covers or any of that sort. I watched through the whole thing.

2) A little girl still around this time my teacher would tell me, and a few of her students ghost stories and dark nursery rhymes. The tone of her voice would always sound dead serious.

3) In my early teens, my grandma and some of my immediate family members talk nothing but death and/or tragic incidents from other family members, or people we don't know about.

4) I wasn't allowed to be scared in the presence of my mother when it comes to watching so-called true horror flicks like Real Scary Stories, Scariest Places on Earth, etc. She would call me out and say "I did not raise a punk".

5) I always slept in the dark. I still sleep in the dark. Even at nights when I am completely alone in the house.

6) We live in a cruel and unusual world.

7) People I know in my life mentioned some preety f***ed up things that has happened to them.

8) In my early twenties before I bought my first car. There were some rare occasions that I would walk home from work past 10 pm or even midnight near the airport and the freeway in the dark if I did not want to bother my relative into picking me up.

9) The night does not scare me. I know it's not safe to stay out too long, but the silence is beautiful. Still, it's dangerous.

I'm just gonna stop right here. I don't want to get morbid... But you get the idea. I was expose to these sort of things. But I'm not entirely brave.

EDIt: Just tweaking some sentences.

Last edited:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
It's kind of hard to say, so I'll give you some real life scenarios that got me into that sort of thing.

1) When I was a little, my fear was tested by older girls in a sleep over that if I want to hangout in the same living room with them, I have to watch through Jason and Freddy Kruegar. They told me not to be under the covers or any of that sort. I watched through the whole thing.

2) A little girl still around this time, my teacher would tell me, and a few of her students ghost stories and dark nursery rhymes. The tone of her voice would sound dead serious.

3) In my early teens, my grandma and some of my immediate family talk nothing but death or tragic incidents from other family members or people we don't know about.

4) I wasn't allowed to be scared in the presence of my mother when it comes to watching so-called true horror flicks like Real Scary Stories, Scariest Places on Earth, etc. She would call me out and say "I did not raise a punk".

5) I always slept in the dark. I still sleep in the dark. Even at nights when I am completely alone in the house.

6) We live in a cruel and unusual world.

7) People I know in my life mentioned some preety f***ed up things that has happened to them.

8) In my early twenties before I bought my first car, there were rare occasions that I would walk home from work past 10 pm or even midnight near the airport and freeway in the dark if I did not want to bother my relative into picking me up when my job screws up my schedule.

I'm just gonna stop right here. I don't want to get morbid... But you get the idea. I was expose to these sort of things. But I'm not entirely brave.
Hey, at least you're much braver than I can possibly ever hope to be. I can't even look at videos that have some creature "CAUGHT ON TAPE" or unsettling history facts, if we're being honest.

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
I have been learning to draw, as well as get back into writing.
I also got invested into the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series last week: I don't regret it one bit.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I have been learning to draw, as well as get back into writing.
I also got invested into the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series last week: I don't regret it one bit.
With which installment, might I ask? I personally started with Blue Rescue Team and continued onto Explorers of Darkness.

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
With which installment, might I ask? I personally started with Blue Rescue Team and continued onto Explorers of Darkness.
First it was Gates. Which is good, however when I did further research, I had read it was the weakest in the series. Then I got Explorers of Darkness. Awesome, awesome game. Story is great so far, really enjoys the characters and such, and it has a nice charm to it.

Honestly it really shows in Gates that they kinda slipped up on purpose to keep focus on X/Y.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
First it was Gates. Which is good, however when I did further research, I had read it was the weakest in the series. Then I got Explorers of Darkness. Awesome, awesome game. Story is great so far, really enjoys the characters and such, and it has a nice charm to it.

Honestly it really shows in Gates that they kinda slipped up on purpose to keep focus on X/Y.
Ah. I haven't played Gates yet, but I HAVE played the demo once before. Anyway, what about Super Mystery Dungeon? Are you planning to buy and play that one too?

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
Ah. I haven't played Gates yet, but I HAVE played the demo once before. Anyway, what about Super Mystery Dungeon? Are you planning to buy and play that one too?
Definitely gonna get it, just dunno when. There's way too many good games out recently, like Mario Maker.

Oh, but what was your character and partner on Explorers?

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Definitely gonna get it, just dunno when. There's way too many good games out recently, like Mario Maker.

Oh, but what was your character and partner on Explorers?
I actually replayed the game far too many times to keep count, so I'm not very sure. But my partners were usually the ones to balance out my weaknesses. So, if I were Pikachu, I'd choose a Grass or Water type for the Ground weakness. How about you?

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
I actually replayed the game far too many times to keep count, so I'm not very sure. But my partners were usually the ones to balance out my weaknesses. So, if I were Pikachu, I'd choose a Grass or Water type for the Ground weakness. How about you?
Oh that's true.
Well it's my first time playing, so I was just gonna pick whatever starter they gave me from the quiz. Fortunately enough, they gave me one of my favorite starters, Treecko, so I rolled with it. As for my partner, I again just picked another favorite starter, Squirtle.

Currently at chapter 11, about to go into the desert. Fortunately none of the bosses have given me difficulty quite yet so.

Zaabrey

Smash Apprentice
Hey, at least you're much braver than I can possibly ever hope to be. I can't even look at videos that have some creature "CAUGHT ON TAPE" or unsettling history facts, if we're being honest.
Frizz Frizz

Oh, the whole creature caught on tape jig gives me the jitters. But at the same time... I HAVE to feed my curiosity! I risk having disturbing images printed in memory for a while though. But it's worth it! =D Unsettling history facts... Hm, not so much. Least you learn of its dark past.

Last edited:

AZ_Spellbound

Smash Journeyman
I just got Super Mario Maker and my girlfriend and i have started watching the Office

Onnex

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kikirishu
I've recently gotten into the Mega Man games! I've avoided the MM series for years and I have no idea why! Now I'm glad I finally gave the games a try! They're really hard for me since I don't play those type of games often, but they are crazy fun!

D

Deleted member

I've been getting back into anime again. I mean, I've always been into anime but I didn't watch too much this past year due to sickness. But I'm better and since I'm recovering from surgery, I've found plenty of time to watch anime and I realized how much I missed marathoning series.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
I've recently gotten into the Mega Man games! I've avoided the MM series for years and I have no idea why! Now I'm glad I finally gave the games a try! They're really hard for me since I don't play those type of games often, but they are crazy fun!
Yea they are fantastic, as are all the old Castlevanias

I highly recommend you look into the original Bionic Commando(s) if you haven't. I love love love the GB port, the NES game is a classic

Last edited:

TuukkaTime

Smash Cadet
NNID
OmegaLesPaul
Just got back into It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I'll usually watch an episode before I go to bed, I love that show haha. Also would probably get into a new anime if I could find any good ones. :/

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Oboe. Although technically I've had it for two years, and wanted to play it for ten. I just got dedicated to it and started taking lessons.

I also just got into the idea of recording arrangements of video game music. I hope to get something done soon, but I have to become a little better at oboe first. lol

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
Undertale. I got into it recently and it's so good.
With how much I'm enjoying it, it's going to earn a place on my games that I recommend to everyone and anyone, which right now only has a few games on it. (Cave Story and Dark Souls being the biggest two.)

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
After watching several playthroughs of the game, I finally got around to playing Dead Space, and so far, it's been pretty fun. The one thing I need to work on is my aim, since I don't play a lot of shooters.

Alienz_King

Smash Rookie
NNID
Dman10063
3DS FC
2122-8341-7625
For me, I've been getting more into playing soccer. I've watched it for about two or three years now, but as far as actually playing, I've only started playing. I've also been trying to get more into melee. All of my friends are really good players (at least compared to me) and I've always wanted to get better, but I just don't have the time to do try to improve.

Top Bottom