• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the best way to get better at 1 player?

reactor

Smash Rookie
I just can't do it. Every time on very hard, the computers kill me. They're too quick for me. And lcancelling doesn't work either. It only works about 50% of the time. :( So any suggestions?

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
The CPUs...are too...quick for you...?? All they do is jab and kill themselves. Just block, wait for them to try to run and grab you, sidestep, then grab or do whatever you want. Practice L-canceling in Training; it becomes second nature once you've mastered it.

Segnifs

Smash Cadet
Play handicap vs mode and play a variety of different characters and stages, Ganondorf & Captain Falcon wreck the cpu you can try them. I would like to add, concentrating hard helps you learn faster as well.

Last edited:

The Young Izzy Iz

Smash Apprentice
Learn how the cpu works/approaches. Since the computer has no variation for a lot of characters its going to approach the exact same way given its in a certain situation every time its in said situation. They like to jab and run grab so spot-dodge -> shield-grab is useful. Honestly with floaties you can just sit back and continuously ftilt with Marth / Fox / Falco into Fsmash for exceedingly easy kills.

Top Bottom