• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whats the deal with all the pj64k variations

hebrewhammer

Smash Apprentice
Whats up everyone, been awile but I'm stopping back in for a bit. Upon my return I originally downloaded this "new" pj64k 0.17 and after about 10 minutes went on my search for the old 0.13 only to find more modded hex edits of 0.13 and so on. I did end up finding the original file and tuning them up myself by renaming the graphics plugin and such but anyway can someone just fill me in real quick. Is there a new recommended package everyone is using or am I good like I am. Also I guess I'm just wondering why there is even this "0.17" and why no ones using it if its supposed to be newer or better.

Edit* O yea while I have you whats the deal with using LAN now. Everyone just decide that was a good idea at some point?

The Star King

Smash Hero
People switched to LAN mostly because Firo encouraged it when Galaxy was moved to Chicago. People still use the same PJ they've used for a while. 0.17 doesn't have kaillera.

firo

Smash Ace
It's a little confusing...

Project64k .13 core 1.4 is the version we've all grown to know. It's the version that is used online.

A user Smasherx74 created some hex edits of project64k and released it as project64k .17. It's not used.

There's also Project 64 1.7, which is the beta emulator yet to be publicly released (yet available) from the Project 64 team. There's a input plugin "AQZ Netplay" that allows for online play for that emulator. There is no source code available, and therefore no kaillera for it.

Downloading your stuff from the smash index here at the top of the boards is your best bet.

Also, yeah, LAN is used online now. It's better than Excellent.

Battlecow

Play to Win
LAN teh best.

get ownasaurus's kaillera client as well it's supercool and splendiferously fantastic.

Fan of yours just from the random youtube teams vids I've seen btw. *sighs*

Top Bottom